Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Scientists to explore 'mystery' ecosystem

5 posts in this topic

MissJatti

Finally they will be able to find Hitler's Nazi Base or the Alien Base that some people truly believes in.

Still Waters
On 2/12/2018 at 0:41 PM, UM-Bot said:

A new expedition is set to investigate an unexplored ecosystem hidden beneath a huge Antarctic iceberg.

That should be interesting. I hope they publish their findings afterwards for us to see.

• Like 3

Not A Rockstar

This is probably the one scientific effort going on right now I am especially intrigued by. If we can prevent it from being compromised with modern environment much perhaps we will find some extinct forms of life still extant there and perhaps learn more about Earth's past. Something new on mono-cellular life or a new shrimp maybe :). I would be especially thrilled if they found some ancient floral still possible to be cloned and see alive again. That would be cool.

Was there a time period when the Antarctic was free of ice and closer to temperate for plants or even trees to get going on it? One of my favorite science fiction stories I read as a kid was about a city found under the ice of the arctic and a couple of people brought back to life from it. That inspired a lot of imagination for me back then :). So, finding some new floral or simple plant to bring back would be cool, yeah :)

• Like 3

Still Waters

They've been forced to abandon their mission.

Mission to giant A-68 berg thwarted by sea-ice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43257289

• Like 1