Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A song describing pain of abuse.

pallidin

I was abused as a child.

It hurts me to this day.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

My thoughts go from self-shame to extreme anger.

• Like 2

I'm sorry you were abused  and it still causes you pain. But maybe with some help you can have the pain lessen and have a better life. Many people are abused but somehow manage to have a family and not be that way to their wife and kids. The hurt won't ever go away in the sense that it is in your psyche, but  with prayer, therapy and other things it can  be bearable or even overcome.You shouldn't be ashamed, because your not the one who started  the abuse, whatever it was.Whoever the adult was they should not have chosen you or any kid  to take out their personal demons and frustrations out on. The extreme anger comes because somehow  something , an ordinary event triggers some  buried memory, Your angry because you  may have told adults and they didn't listen. Or maybe because you were scared that if a mere kid and you tried to stop it, the abuse whatever it was  might  get far worse, or be visited upon a younger brother or sister or even your mom.

• Like 1

Edited by pallidin

My parents weren't great, but I don't think I'd call them abusive. I've been in an abusive relationship before, though, and it's not a good time. It's easy to say "just walk away" until you live it yourself. My cold, dead heart goes out to anyone in a similar situation, be it a parent, a significant other, a friend, etc.

• Like 3