Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
skliss

Vanessa Trump taken to hospital

44 posts in this topic

skliss

What's wrong with people?

Vanessa Trump taken to hospital as precaution after white powder sent to her home

President Donald Trump's daughter-in-law was taken to a Manhattan hospital as a precaution on Monday after a suspicious letter containing an unidentified white powder was sent to her apartment, senior law enforcement and city officials told NBC News.

The letter was addressed to Vanessa Trump's husband, Donald Trump Jr., the eldest child of the president and his ex-wife Ivana.

After the letter was opened, three people at the residence were taken to New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center strictly as a precaution, the New York City Fire Department said.

There is no indication anyone suffered any injuries; the NYPD said the substance was deemed to be non-hazardous and was taken to a lab for further analysis.

"How disturbed must a person be to do what they did to a mother of five children?'' Michael Cohen, President Trump's personal attorney, said in a statement. "This dangerous and reckless act goes beyond political differences."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vanessa-trump-taken-hospital-precaution-after-suspicious-letter-n847231

• Like 2

Herr Falukorv

Lucky for them it wasnt anthrax or something nasty...

I just remember reading this how we used to do mischeafs around the neighborhood as kids..
Sometimes people could get some surprices in their mail..
Like rotten fruit, crushed eggs.
But we never took dog poop bags and put them in peoples mailboxes... never never that is just disgusting.
How could 12 year old boys do things like that...
I have heard others do that but......nope no never us  :innocent:

• Like 1

acidhead

Thankful that Vanessa & my children are safe and unharmed after the incredibly scary situation that occurred this morning. Truly disgusting that certain individuals choose to express their opposing views with such disturbing behavior.

• Like 1

preacherman76

And people are actually celebrating this on social media. Smh

• Like 5

preacherman76
11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That's almost equally abhorrent behaviour.

That's why I like talking about politics here. I knew right away everyone here would find this horrible.

• Like 6

Likely Guy
2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That's why I like talking about politics here. I knew right away everyone here would find this horrible.

I don't want to know on what forum an action like that would be lauded.

• Like 6

ExpandMyMind

I personally wouldn't give a crap if Trump Jr was murdered tomorrow after seeing him next to a dead elephant he supposedly killed, holding its severed tail like a trophy. And elephant. **** that guy. But taking it to someone's wife, or god forbid kids if they had opened the mail, is just reprehensible. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

Likely Guy
7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I personally wouldn't give a crap if Trump Jr was murdered tomorrow after seeing him next to a dead elephant he supposedly killed, holding its severed tail like a trophy. And elephant. **** that guy. But taking it to someone's wife, or god forbid kids if they had opened the mail, is just reprehensible. 

While I can't stand the guy either, I wouldn't wish the worst on him.

Edit: 1/2 'like'.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 7

Hankenhunter

False flag! Fake news! Murdock planned this to gather sympathy for Hair Furor. I heard from a very reliable source (and I aint tellin who) that Putun, through Syria paid Rupert teh destabilize America by having Alex Jones mail white poweder to Donalds family. The Secret service was paid to not openvthe mail today so that everything ties into a neat little white bundle.  No, dont bother with links as I wont read them. I would prefer to trust my feelings instead.

Am I doin it rite?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

preacherman76
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yea, human's suck. I often think to myself when I see things like that, or even seeing people chain an elephant to a tree for 40 years and horribly abuse it, that I just want off this ride.

• Like 6

Uncle Sam
5 hours ago, skliss said:

Vanessa Trump taken to hospital as precaution after white powder sent to her home

President Donald Trump's daughter-in-law was taken to a Manhattan hospital as a precaution on Monday after a suspicious letter containing an unidentified white powder was sent to her apartment, senior law enforcement and city officials told NBC News.

The letter was addressed to Vanessa Trump's husband, Donald Trump Jr., the eldest child of the president and his ex-wife Ivana.

After the letter was opened, three people at the residence were taken to New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center strictly as a precaution, the New York City Fire Department said.

There is no indication anyone suffered any injuries; the NYPD said the substance was deemed to be non-hazardous and was taken to a lab for further analysis.

"How disturbed must a person be to do what they did to a mother of five children?'' Michael Cohen, President Trump's personal attorney, said in a statement. "This dangerous and reckless act goes beyond political differences."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vanessa-trump-taken-hospital-precaution-after-suspicious-letter-n847231

I saw this coming. The rhetoric from the mainstream media keeps pushing this idea that he is a evil dictator and people who are delusion were sooner or later going to strike out against his family. It finally happen... 

• Like 2

Uncle Sam
3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Can you stop and think for a moment, you are advocating the death of another human being because you have a strong hatred towards them. That isn't tolerance, that is intolerance and it borderlines dangerously close to extremist ideology. The envelop was address to Donald Trump Jr. and his wife happen to open it before him. If he opened it, would you be cheering his hospitalization?

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 6

Gromdor

This makes me question the Secret Service security around the Trump family.  Imagine if this were done by, say a North Korean agent, instead of a prankster.

• Like 8

Astra.

I personally wouldn't give a crap if Trump Jr was murdered tomorrow after seeing him next to a dead elephant he supposedly killed, holding its severed tail like a trophy. And elephant. **** that guy.

Yes, it upset me terribly as well, to see what he had done to that beautiful creature. I certainly wouldn't wish death on him.

Karma may well have other plans. 

But taking it to someone's wife, or god forbid kids if they had opened the mail, is just reprehensible. 

Gosh yes.

• Like 3

Likely Guy
46 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Can you stop and think for a moment, you are advocating the death of another human being because you have a strong hatred towards them. That isn't tolerance, that is intolerance and it borderlines dangerously close to extremist ideology. The envelop was address to Donald Trump Jr. and his wife happen to open it before him. If he opened it, would you be cheering his hospitalization?

No he's not advocating his death, he doesn't give a crap about him.

That said, it's not 'nice'.

Likely Guy
28 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

This makes me question the Secret Service security around the Trump family.  Imagine if this were done by, say a North Korean agent, instead of a prankster.

...or a Muslim, or a Democrat or a Christian Republican? Doesn't matter who it was. I hope they catch them.

But yes, someone was asleep at the switch. Conspiracy theorists are high 5'ing right now.

• Like 1

Likely Guy
19 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yes, it upset me terribly as well, to see what he had done to that beautiful creature. I certainly wouldn't wish death on him.

Me neither. The Elephant is the symbol the Republican Party...

:mellow:

...sorry, I got lost in the irony.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

and then

If some amateur terror wannabe did this, I expect they'll be in custody in days.  Forensics are scary good these days.  I think there's a statute against making terroristic threats and the person who mailed this letter could have a few years to consider the error of their ways.  The media keeps pounding the drum on wrongdoing by this president, even though we've seen no conclusive evidence after a year.  Events like this one may well serve to get more Republicans elected in November.  If Trump is reelected in 2020, I expect the Progs to go into full tantrum mode.  I'm surprised that no one has tried taking a shot at him, yet.  I guess no one has yet become that committed.  

• Like 2

ExpandMyMind
6 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

For a guy who kills elephants? I would lose no sleep. If he had opened it and it resulted in only his death, I would have cursed the method but welcomed the result.

Am I supposed to care about that lion poacher who was eaten by lions yesterday as well?

• Like 2

Lilly

For the sake of UM accuracy rules, legal hunting is not the same as poaching.

In recent years there has been a return to legally hunting certain species due to the environment's inability to sustain large numbers of animals. See link here: https://alisonwestwood.com/2012/08/31/elephant-culling-victims-of-their-own-success/

Relocation and attempts at forms of birth control were not very successful, so controlled culling was instituted. I'm not a fan of this practice but population stress on the environment would result far worse outcomes for the elephants (infant death in particular). Nature is cruel and when humans intervene (even in a manner designed to save species) some very tough actions have to take place.

This focused on elephant impact rather than elephant numbers. Keeping to an overall carrying capacity was no longer as important as achieving a range of elephant impact by maintaining different densities in different areas at different times. However, it didn’t limit population growth.

Ten years later, almost everyone agreed there were far too many elephants. Translocation was no longer practicable: there were too few places left to send elephants and moving them created more populations to control. Contraception was also unsatisfactory: it can’t reduce existing numbers and is only viable for populations of 200 or less. (Elephant contraception relies on regular booster injections. In large parks with many elephants, it’s almost impossible to ensure the right individual is injected at the right time.)

• Like 3

ExpandMyMind
38 minutes ago, Lilly said:

For the sake of UM accuracy rules, legal hunting is not the same as poaching.

In recent years there has been a return to legally hunting certain species due to the environment's inability to sustain large numbers of animals. See link here: https://alisonwestwood.com/2012/08/31/elephant-culling-victims-of-their-own-success/

Relocation and attempts at forms of birth control were not very successful, so controlled culling was instituted. I'm not a fan of this practice but population stress on the environment would result far worse outcomes for the elephants (infant death in particular). Nature is cruel and when humans intervene (even in a manner designed to save species) some very tough actions have to take place.

For me it is a distinction without a difference. In some countries it's legal to skin or boil a dog alive.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Lilly
9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

For me it is a distinction without a difference. In some countries it's legal to skin or boil a dog alive.

It's not the legality issue, it's the conservation issue. Allowing a population to stress it's environment to the point of harming the very animals they are trying to conserve is the issue. The analogy of equating animal torture to conservation is incorrect and disingenuous. 

I think we've covered this side issue sufficiently, back on topic. 

• Like 2

rashore
16 hours ago, skliss said:

I didn't catch the news on this till this morning... what a terrible thing to do to anyone. Not just a mom of 5 or a Trump relative.. but just anyone. Unlike Herrs amusing rotten eggs or poo joking, this is something that is really meant to scare a person. But they are indeed lucky whoever did it didn't sent a truly dangerous substance. Indeed what is wrong with some people.