Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Skeletons.

Midyin

I'm just curious as to where we're at on this. Has this theory been debunked yet, or has any new evidence come to light to help this claim gain a little traction?

I personally have never really picked a side on this yet, just because I'm not entirely convinced that the earth couldn't have at one point supported giant humans(even though it can't now), but I couldn't subscribe to a theory that just so happened to have ALL of the evidence that supported it taken away by some shady organization claiming to be the Smithsonian... That just seems a little too convenient.

Even if the people saying the skeletons were real are infact telling the truth. sadly, the burden of proof rest upon the shoulders of the person(s) making the accretion that clashes against the accepted norm.

Edited by Midyin

Just now, Midyin said:

How was it laid to rest? Who ended up putting the nails in its coffin? 

Physiology. They would be some really unhealthy people.

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

Physiology. They would be some really unhealthy people.

They would be on the planet as it is today as things are very different now than what they were when Dinosaurs walked the earth. 

I thought you had something real to tell me. this is just an assumption... "I don't believe it, therefore its not real." a theory isn't just magically dead because YOU don't buy it. lol

I could say "Bigfoot is BS. there's no way an animal like that could exist today without someone having killed one and turned its corps into the game commission." that doesn't mean I'm right, it just means at that's my theory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midyin said:

They would be on the planet as it is today as things are very different now than what they were when Dinosaurs walked the earth. 

Dinosaur skeletons were built for their large size. Our's wasn't. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

Dinosaur skeletons were built for their large size. Our's wasn't. 

are you an actual biologists, or is this all conjecture? 

also, again. I could say the same thing about Bigfoot. how many 3 meter tall people do you know about that are healthy? or I could say that UFOs defies the laws of physics as we understand them. therefore, they must be fake. 

Don't call something debunked until you can back your claim. because you're potentially just spreading miss information. Had I not asked any followup questions I would have just assumed that some new evidence was found that completely killed the Giants theory. but that's not the case at all. You're just spreading your opinion under the guise of it being facts. 

I'm not saying that the Giants were absolutly real, but from what you been saying so far there's no new evidence pointing one way or the other, so the topic is seemingly still being debated. the ancient Hebrews and the Native Americans both claimed that Cannibalistic Giants were a problem on this planet at one point. These legends come from somewhere. I'm not willing to say its all BS because Piney says so.. lol

Edited by Midyin

3 minutes ago, Midyin said:

also, again. I could say the same thing about Bigfoot. how many 3 meter tall people do you know about that are healthy? or I could say that UFOs defies the laws of physics as we understand them. therefore, they must be fake. 

Don't call something debunked until you can back your claim. because you're potentially just spreading miss information. Had I not asked any followup questions I would have just assumed that some new evidence was found that completely killed the Giants theory. but that's not the case at all. You're just spreading your opinion under the guise of it being facts. 

I'm not saying that the Giants were absolutly real, but from what you been saying so far there's no new evidence pointing one way or the other, so the topic is seemingly still being debated. the ancient Hebrews and the Native Americans both claimed that Cannibalistic Giants were a problem on this planet at one point. These legends come from somewhere. I'm not willing to say its all BS because Piney says so.. lol

Cannibalistic giants in MY CULTURE was just a explanation for prions disease and after attending a Quaker seminary at Princeton I learned that most of the Bible were stories.   

• Like 6

Just now, Piney said:

Cannibalistic giants in MY CULTURE was just a explanation for prions disease and after attending a Quaker seminary at Princeton I learned that most of the Bible were stories.   

that's your opinion. and Prions disease isn't a bad explanation for Wendigo, but we're talking about two separate/different cannibalistic Giants legends here.

You're talking the Wendigo legends of tall scrawny cannibals. these were once people that were possessed by an evil spirit and turned from a person into an undead-ish monster. Yeah, something like Rabies or Madcow disease is a good fit for that. 

I'm talking about the stories of Celtic giants. a huge people with fair skin and ginger red and/or blond hair. that were for all intents and purposes strong healthy people that just happened to like eating smaller people. These could have been neanderthals or maybe even a lost tribe of vikings that found their way to America(Though, I'm not sure if Cannibalism was a common Viking trait). But they were not considered to be Wendigo. they were something different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midyin said:

lost tribe of vikings that found their way to America(Though, I'm not sure if Cannibalism was a common Viking trait). But they were not considered to be Wendigo. they were something different. 

The "Columbian Exchange" ( Native die off and flora replacement) negates any long term contact with Vikings and Neanderthals never made it to Asia. Just Denisovans.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Piney said:

The "Columbian Exchange" ( Native die off and flora replacement) negates any long term contact with Vikings and Neanderthals never made it to Asia. Just Denisovans.

Then it must have been something else.

They encountered giants. they preserved the stories and one tribe recorded their encounter on this big rock formation in the southwest. the story talks about how they were being attacked by these cannibalistic Celtic looking giants. the story ends with them finding the cave they were living in and killing them with fire.

3 minutes ago, Midyin said:

Then it must have been something else.

They encountered giants. they preserved the stories and one tribe recorded their encounter on this big rock formation in the southwest. the story talks about how they were being attacked by these cannibalistic Celtic looking giants. the story ends with them finding the cave they were living in and killing them with fire.

Well, I'm one of the "Medicine Men" that archaeologists call for help. I actually worked for a museum, took many courses and know archaeologists all over the country. They would all agree with me.

As for this story Google Mark Raymond Harrington or contact Wind River Archaeology. The skeletons found in that cave were normal size.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Well, I'm one of the "Medicine Men" that archaeologists call for help. I actually worked for a museum, took many courses and know archaeologists all over the country. They would all agree with me.

As for this story Google Mark Raymond Harrington or contact Wind River Archaeology. The skeletons found in that cave were normal size.

Those bodies couldnt have been the bodies of their victims?... I'm not being a smart@ss here, I'm legit asking. because they were described as Giants. why would they be called Giants if they were just normal sized people?

• Like 2

Just now, Midyin said:

Those bodies couldnt have been the bodies of their victims?... I'm not being a smart@ss here, I'm legit asking. because they were described as Giants. why would they be called Giants if they were just normal sized people?

People exaggerate. It's human nature.

As for the red hair in that cave, Black hair fades to red after death, or in my brother's case, peroxide. He was the first living Ginger Indian.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

People exaggerate. It's human nature.

As for the red hair in that cave, Black hair fades to red after death, or in my brother's case, peroxide. He was the first living Ginger Indian.

huh... Well, I'm willing to call that story debunked. and that sheds new light on anyone that claimed to find any Ginger mummies(putting a dent in the whole Vikings were in America before the English Theory), but I'm still going to have to respectfully dissagree that the entire ancient Giants theory is dead until I see something utterly damning. 

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not talking about people that were 50+ feet tall. that size was impossible. Square Cube Law says so. that's physics, Math, and hard numbers. but 12 or 14 feet? Again, the planet was a very different place a long time ago. If an animal like Bigfoot can exist today, then its possible that spices twice its size could have existed back when the Ozone layer was stronger and the oxygen wasn't so thin. 

I mean, we have flosses of a giant version of pretty much everything else alive today. Why not humans or some kind of bipedal human ancestor?

Edited by Midyin
  • Like 1

Just now, Midyin said:

huh... Well, I'm willing to call that story debunked. and that sheds new light on anyone that claimed to find any Ginger mummies(putting a dent in the whole Vikings were in America before the English Theory), but I'm still going to have to respectfully dissagree that the entire ancient Giants theory is dead until I see something utterly damning. 

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not talking about people that were 50+ feet tall. that size was impossible. Square Cube Law says so. that's physics, Math, and hard numbers. but 12 or 14 feet? Again, the planet was a very different place a long time ago. If an animal like Bigfoot can exist today, then its possible that spices was twice its size then the Ozone layer was stronger and the oxygen wasn't as thin. 

I mean, we have flosses of a giant version of pretty much everything else alive today. Why not humans or some kind of bipedal human ancestor?

I'm one of those North Woods loggers and ranch hands who hunted Bigfoot for 20 years. He probably doesn't exist. As for exaggeration. I have what's called the "Kiimochnii" or skinwalker gene. Or should I say, lack of genetic material. My eyes go from icy grey to yellow. I have pointed ears. I'm a great contortionist and mimic. I was taught by my Meteiinuu grandfather the whole skinwalker and Wiindiigo routine.  When you know how things operate your perspective changes.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm one of those North Woods loggers and ranch hands who hunted Bigfoot for 20 years. He probably doesn't exist.

Bigfoot is another one of those theories that I'm kinda on the fence about. I don't like discounting everyone that says they seen him as either being fools or lyres. There has to be a percentage of them that are telling the truth and do infact know what they seen. its just hard to imagine hat we haven't ever had a body.

There was a guy that claimed to have shot one, but he burred it where he shot it and conveniently couldn't find the spot later when people wanted to go there to recover the body for research.. It came off to me as making him look full of it. 

Also, in regards to the square cube law. I admit I don't know much about Gravity beyond the basic stuff, so I honestly cant say for certain that Gravity has never been weaker at some point in Earths past. I just know that Godzilla and King Kong cant exist today because of it. 

4 minutes ago, Midyin said:

Bigfoot is another one of those theories that I'm kinda on the fence about. I don't like discounting everyone that says they seen him as either being fools or lyres. There has to be a percentage of them that are telling the truth and do infact know what they seen. its just hard to imagine hat we haven't ever had a body.

There was a guy that claimed to have shot one, but he burred it where he shot it and conveniently couldn't find the spot later when people wanted to go there to recover the body for research.. It came off to me as making him look full of it. 

Also, in regards to the square cube law. I admit I don't know much about Gravity beyond the basic stuff, so I honestly cant say for certain that Gravity has never been weaker at some point in Earths past. I just know that Godzilla and King Kong cant exist today because of it. 

In every Bigfoot video I ever watched the creature moved like something that didn't live in the woods, clumsy and I heard several first hand claims about shooting the creature and destroying the body but they all came from people who had a reputation of exaggerating or lying.

Gotta hit work. Nice talking to you. :tu:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midyin said:

I'm just curious as to where we're at on this. Has this theory been debunked yet, or has any new evidence come to light to help this claim gain a little traction?

I personally have never really picked a side on this yet, just because I'm not entirely convinced that the earth couldn't have at one point supported giant humans(even though it can't now), but I couldn't subscribe to a theory that just so happened to have ALL of the evidence that supported it taken away by some shady organization claiming to be the Smithsonian... That just seems a little too convenient.

Even if the people saying the skeletons were real are infact telling the truth. sadly, the burden of proof rest upon the shoulders of the person(s) making the accretion that clashes against the accepted norm.

Goodness, I don't think I've seen giant skellies around here in a while. This type of topic more often turns up under modern mysteries or the legend sections than here in this history section. I'm fairly sure that all the giant skeleton "discoveries" have been debunked or proven as hoaxes so far. And no 12-14 foot tall human bones have been found so far despite looking.. much like BF bones have never been discovered, though BF is supposed to be larger than the average human in a lot of descriptions... we just don't have any legit big bones as far as I'm aware of, but some fake ones that show up from time to time.

That said, I don't know as much about the general height record of humans like some of our historians might. A couple of them might be able to tell us what heights humans actually were at what times according to real records. I suspect they may rule out general populations of giants in the historical record.

• Like 2

Go look up Square-Cube Law and you would understand why giants couldn't exist.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Midyin said:

National Geographic did not find a giant skeleton, the story was a hoax.  https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071214-giant-skeleton.html

There is no such thing as Bigfoot, it is a myth.  If Bigfoot had ever existed we would have some kind of physical evidence and there is none, never was any.  Neither are we being visited by beings from another planet, if we were we wouldn't be guessing about it, we'd know. 

I prefer to believe in things when there is actual evidence it exists at all.  As far as debunking these things, I can't prove something doesn't exist but I can ask for the evidence that proves it does and when the person making the claim says "Well, there is

none but it's coming, just wait." 

Ancient people had stories about all kinds of things including like talking deers and bears, do they exist too? 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Midyin said:

I'm not entirely convinced that the earth couldn't have at one point supported giant humans(even though it can't now),

Why could it in the past but not now?

Fact is, there is no evidence of giant homonids. 

The reason we don't believe giant humans existed is the same reason we don't believe giant dormice and carnivorous wallabies roamed North American a few thousand years ago ;) 

• Like 3

I thought you had something real to tell me. this is just an assumption... "I don't believe it, therefore its not real." a theory isn't just magically dead because YOU don't buy it. lol

I could say "Bigfoot is BS. there's no way an animal like that could exist today without someone having killed one and turned its corps into the game commission." that doesn't mean I'm right, it just means at that's my theory.

They're as dead as your ability to use the site Search function. There's at least three threads on this subject already; if you want to know more about why they can't exist, save everyone here the time and effort and look those up for yourself.

--Jaylemurph

Though to be fair, as well as the bible describing men of renown as being "giants", so too do some New Yorkers refer to their sportsmen (so there must be 10ft+ tall people in New York!) and of course Newton must have known a few in order to have described standing on their shoulders .....   ;) 

• Like 3