Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Spirit of Truth

Will Due

Just now, Will Due said:

God is not a construct.

For me, god is a construct. 

For you,...well this is your call. 

All the best to you Will, your path is your own.

Happy trails. 

• Like 4

Just now, Clockwork_Spirit said:

We are made in God's image.

If it works best for you to beleive this, I say this is what matters, not what I think.

All the best,

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

If it works best for you to beleive this, I say this is what matters, not what I think.

All the best,

Sheri, have you had a few sherrys tonight?

You seem so calm.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Sheri, have you had a few sherrys tonight?

You seem so calm.

I don't drink alcohol, Will. 

:wub:

• Like 3

One thing is for certain; it is folly to try to defend what is written in a book. Words speak for themselves and are either believed or are not. One's own conclusions, on the other hand, are another matter, entirely. One may speak of them if one wants, write them down if one wishes to, or keep one's own council and let oneself and one's actions and one's life speak the truth of them. That which is written on the heart is inviolate and requires no defense. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

One thing is for certain; it is folly to try to defend what is written in a book. Words speak for themselves and are either believed or are not. One's own conclusions, on the other hand, are another matter, entirely. One may speak of them if one wants, write them down if one wishes to, or keep one's own council and let oneself and one's actions and one's life speak the truth of them. That which is written on the heart is inviolate and requires no defense. 

Exactly, or validation-- either overtly or covertly. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, or validation-- either overtly or covertly. 

Yes, that is the wisdom of woman; to know how well the heart speaks truth without words. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Yes, that is the wisdom woman; to know how well the heart speaks truth without words. 

:tsu:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yes, that is the wisdom of woman; to know how well the heart speaks truth without words. 

Yes, the Spirit of Truth. :tsu:

• Like 2

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

In the twilight glow I see her
Blue eyes crying in the rain
When we kissed goodbye and parted
I knew we'd never meet again

Love is like a dying ember
And only memories remain
And through the ages I'll remember

Some day when we meet up yonder
We'll stroll hand in hand again
In a land that knows no parting

Songwriters: FRED ROSE

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

In the twilight glow I see her
When we kissed goodbye and parted
I knew we'd never meet again

Love is like a dying ember
And only memories remain
And through the ages I'll remember

Some day when we meet up yonder
We'll stroll hand in hand again
In a land that knows no parting

Songwriters: FRED ROSE

Beautiful song that one...Nice

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

Materialism is the philosophical doctrine of the Neo-atheist movement (Dawkins, Denett, Hitchens, Harris ect. as it's leading figures). The term 'materialism' is the description of a particular worldview. The ''mind = brain, we are biological robots living in a meaningless Universe''.

Anything but, you should invest in a dictionary 

physics
ˈfɪzɪks/
noun
  1. the branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy. The subject matter of physics includes mechanics, heat, light and other radiation, sound, electricity, magnetism, and the structure of atoms.

And materialism is still just a buzz word, particularly the way you use it 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

We are made in God's image.

MansonB33920_8-14-17_(cropped).jpg

b-minor-basics-god-the-father-god-the-so

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

MansonB33920_8-14-17_(cropped).jpg

b-minor-basics-god-the-father-god-the-so

• Like 3

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Anything but, you should invest in a dictionary 

physics
ˈfɪzɪks/
noun
  1. the branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy. The subject matter of physics includes mechanics, heat, light and other radiation, sound, electricity, magnetism, and the structure of atoms.

And materialism is still just a buzz word, particularly the way you use it 

It's interesting that you would deny that you have a worldview.

Physics is a science. Probably the most fundamental of sciences. The study of matter and energy, space and time, and of the relations between them. But it's not necesserely one's whole vision of the world. A physicist may also be spiritual; a christian, a buddhist, a muslim...

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

It's interesting that you would deny that you have a worldview.

I don't, you just don't understand what you read, you have illustrated that repeatedly. 

7 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

Physics is a science. Probably the most fundamental of sciences. The study of matter and energy, space and time, and of the relations between them. But it's not necesserely one's whole vision of the world. A physicist may also be spiritual; a christian, a buddhist, a muslim...

And personal pursuits may be anything  I like star gazing and playing guitar. Dawkins has described his Ideas of spirituality  its different for everyone and that's what you struggle with. You seem to think your personal view should be accepted as fact by all on your say so. Its another illustration that you need faith to feel special. To resolve your personal issue would require professional counselling. Not the Spirit world. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

And personal pursuits may be anything  I like star gazing and playing guitar. Dawkins has described his Ideas of spirituality  its different for everyone and that's what you struggle with. You seem to think your personal view should be accepted as fact by all on your say so. Its another illustration that you need faith to feel special. To resolve your personal issue would require professional counselling. Not the Spirit world. 

I think we are all special. The Universe is also special. It is purpose-guided. As for requiring professional counselling, who doesn't at some point? I'm proud of what I do, I work in healthcare. I'm a care giver. My christian, humanistic values are at the forefront of my work everyday.

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I don't, you just don't understand what you read, you have illustrated that repeatedly. 

Mr pysche,

Are you mean spirited, or just in the habit of using unusual methods to serve your fellow man?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

I think we are all special. The Universe is also special. It is purpose-guided. As for requiring professional counselling, who doesn't at some point? I'm proud of what I do, I work in healthcare. I'm a care giver. My christian, humanistic values are at the forefront of my work everyday.

Atamarie Friend..

Your Humanistic Values are Wonderful ..

Thank You .. :tsu:..

And Indeed, We Are Special, and The Universe is Special and Purpose Guided as You Say .. 

Keep Up the Good Work ..!!! :D..

Peace to you and yours..

Mo..xx

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Clockwork_Spirit said:

I think we are all special.

Except atheists or those who do j8r agree with your world view 

The Universe is also special.

The universe just is 

It is purpose-guided.

There is no good reason to think so. 

As for requiring professional counselling, who doesn't at some point?

Recognising it is the fist step

I'm proud of what I do, I work in healthcare. I'm a care giver. My christian, humanistic values are at the forefront of my work everyday.

I lope up dont force your personal ideas on the vulnerable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Will Due said:

Mr pysche,

Are you mean spirited, or just in the habit of using unusual methods to serve your fellow man?

This coming from someone who compared atheism with cold molestation. If I hit the bottom of the barrel I'll see you there. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/07/ken-hams-ark-encounter-is-child-abuse/

I tell it like it is. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I tell it like it is. 

Thank you for your service.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

dont force your personal ideas on the vulnerable. 

Btw, it must be that you're being influenced by the Spirit of Truth to have said that, because it does appear that you've become solemnly aware that sometimes, as he said:

"I will judge you out of your own mouth."

• Like 2

Hi Clockwork,

The way that you have worded this sounds exclusionary of anyone that is not Christian which I find to be derogatory to those others that do good works and express empathy for their fellow man. Is that your honest position?

I now many people of different faiths as well as those that do not belong to a religion that are humble and do good works without seeking reward or recognition because it is just the kind of people that they are. They don't see themselves as special above others either. Personally I see the circumstances that occurred for is to evolve to be unique but do not see it as an intelligent or deliberate act. We give things meaning and will continue to do so, it is how we learn and as we learn the significance of those meanings should also develop in our understanding of what we are. Once one has riden a bycicle at some point the training wheels should come off.

jmccr8

• Like 3