Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2018

BrooklynGuy

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

Not surprising.  Now is the time he can cash in.   Several teams will offer him huge contracts with lots of guaranteed money.  

• Like 1

I am so tired of hearing the sports world crown Brady as the greatest of all time.

I've been watching the NFL since the 80's.   Brady is in my top 5, but not really close to the greatest of all time.   I have Manning, Montana, Marino and Young ahead of him.  Super bowl titles should not count nearly as much as people like to let them.   It's a large team with lots of pieces and variables.      Brady is great, but he is not the reason the Pats won.  Belechick is the real reason.

Just remember that Cassel and Garoppolo went 13-5 with the patriots.   Cassel had not thrown a pass since high school.  

• Like 2

I'm over Brady too. He did nothing to win that Super Bowl. Drew Brees would have mowed him over or made him play. Now he wants to keep hanging around until he's in his late 40's. I don't see him being able to do that. It's way too long for the team to carry him. 

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I am so tired of hearing the sports world crown Brady as the greatest of all time.

I've been watching the NFL since the 80's.   Brady is in my top 5, but not really close to the greatest of all time.   I have Manning, Montana, Marino and Young ahead of him.  Super bowl titles should not count nearly as much as people like to let them.   It's a large team with lots of pieces and variables.      Brady is great, but he is not the reason the Pats won.  Belechick is the real reason.

Just remember that Cassel and Garoppolo went 13-5 with the patriots.   Cassel had not thrown a pass since high school.  

I have Manning and Elway ahead of him...

Marino was a stats machine with a legendary HC aswell,yet couldn't will their team to a single SB title...

I kinda have Montana and Brady in the same class...Montana had a pretty good HC and the greatest WR of all time to have his back...

I hate Brady,but the 2 constants between '01-'19 has been Brady and Belicheat!...

Sometimes a players greatness isn't just measured on the field,it's how they hold things together in the locker room and the trust the players on the field have in their "general" to get s*** done even when things look dim...

My top 3 are 

1.Elway

2.Manning

3.(Interchangable)...Brady or Montana

• Like 1

Serious?? The Giants may can Eli Manning and the Eagles think Foles may sign on with them?

https://www.12up.com/posts/6290314-report-eagles-fear-nick-foles-could-sign-with-giants/partners/40603?fbclid=IwAR2I-3kcE-qcPQqV8IUoxd1JyU_G_Rr17xOyUfNrMbodS9vm3YrV15AYLu0

I'm still hoping for the Dolphins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Serious?? The Giants may can Eli Manning and the Eagles think Foles may sign on with them?

https://www.12up.com/posts/6290314-report-eagles-fear-nick-foles-could-sign-with-giants/partners/40603?fbclid=IwAR2I-3kcE-qcPQqV8IUoxd1JyU_G_Rr17xOyUfNrMbodS9vm3YrV15AYLu0

I'm still hoping for the Dolphins.

That would be interesting,though i'm not actually sure if Foles has been a under the radar superstar,or if it's the system and team chemistry that has made him play great when starting...

The Giants really crapped the bed though in the past few seasons...

How old is Foles @susieice?

Just asking because the Giants need a few drafts to rebuild the D and O lines...both are completely depleted of talent!

That said,Saquon and OBJ with a talented qb might be able to overcome a porous O-line,hell the Giants could upgrade all around with Foles and 2 elite lineman in the draft like the Colts did!

• Like 1

Foles is 30 yrs old. I've seen Saquon play when he was in high school. He's amazing. It was good to see a hometown area player win the NFL's Rookie of the Year. Right now Carson Wentz is saying he will work on being a better team player. He went through some slack even with teammates, which is why, right now, I think they played better with Foles. There was chemistry there.

• Like 2

They really think Foles could be heading for the Giants. It may be a violation of NFL rules for the Eagles to use a franchise tag to trade him.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6290881-eagles-plan-to-franchise-tag-and-trade-nick-foles-may-violate-nfl-s-cba?fbclid=IwAR3XgGMhAjm3JpS7wTIO84khXycvNd4c-o2AXEZIyjXDnweWFtb-EYHsOGs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susieice said:

They really think Foles could be heading for the Giants. It may be a violation of NFL rules for the Eagles to use a franchise tag to trade him.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6290881-eagles-plan-to-franchise-tag-and-trade-nick-foles-may-violate-nfl-s-cba?fbclid=IwAR3XgGMhAjm3JpS7wTIO84khXycvNd4c-o2AXEZIyjXDnweWFtb-EYHsOGs

Its a weird situation. Foles wanted to retire a couple of years ago and had to be talked out of it and then chose to stay with the Eagles as a backup , making me wonder how much his heart is really in it.  Part of me thinks that Foles will allow the Eagles to tag and trade so he can get one last fat payday before riding off into the sunset.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, susieice said:

I could see them talking themselves into doing that. Hit Foles with the franchise tag so they can give Wentz one more season to see if he can stay healthy without having to worry. Man for the sake of the fans I hope they dont do that though.

• Like 2

Um WOW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Um WOW

Not sure what to say atm Farmer...

Hell of a talented aquisition that could REALLY bumpbup the Browns playoff stock but...

One hell of a risk,and i'm not sure his legal problems are really over yet are they?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Not sure what to say atm Farmer...

Hell of a talented aquisition that could REALLY bumpbup the Browns playoff stock but...

One hell of a risk,and i'm not sure his legal problems are really over yet are they?

I honestly dont know about his legal problems. Im floored but the more I think about it it kinda makes sense. At this point hes a luxury pick, had Chubb started all 16 games his numbers would have been on par with Saquan's, so why not lock him up and let the process play out?

We were accused of wanting Condi Rice as head coach and people believed it so its not like we have to worry about PR :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DzJXZoYXQAEAAo9.jpg:large

• Like 1

Great pick up by the Browns.   1 year, $1 million.   That is a bargain.  

His altercation with the woman wasn't that bad anyway.    It was reported that the women were yelling and causing a scene.  

Hunt should have just went in his room, but sometimes woman need to stop thinking they can hit men without repercussion. 

• Like 2