Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2018

BrooklynGuy

6 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

START A NEW THREAD FOR A NEW SEASON

Giants to hire Mike Shula as OC

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22419862/new-york-giants-hire-mike-shula-new-offensive-coordinator

Thanks BG, let me be the first to post here. :)

(I've got nothin' though, I am in a hibernation at the moment.)

Oh yeah, how 'bout those Eagles? ;)

:lol:

• Like 4

Just waiting for the draft and all the hype and drama that goes with it...

oh yeah, how 'bout those Underdogs?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, BrooklynGuy said:

START A NEW THREAD FOR A NEW SEASON

Giants to hire Mike Shula as OC

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22419862/new-york-giants-hire-mike-shula-new-offensive-coordinator

That will still be Shurmer's offense. I didn't appreciate him as a head coach when he was in Cleveland but he has definitely proven he has an offensive mind on the level of Pederson 

• Like 2

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Craziness today in the NFL (kinda) 

Jonathan Martin posts gun picture, bullying revenge message, leads to closing of high school 

Which led to : 

Report: Jonathan Martin taken into custody

IDK man there's nothing I hate worse than a bully , but , its really becoming pretty clear that the one common bond between all these school shooter types is that they're freaking pussies. Be a man, throw a punch or shut the hell up about it. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2018 at 3:21 AM, preacherman76 said:

SMH.

I'm a bit torn...

Shula did a good job crafting the Carolina offense around Cam,biggest problem for Carolina the past few seasons and looks as if draft projections still see the same problem continuing is....The OFFENSIVE LINE!!! :w00t:

That said i'm not sure the Giants have a Cam like qb to run the type of offense Shula succeeded recently with...

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm a bit torn...

Shula did a good job crafting the Carolina offense around Cam,biggest problem for Carolina the past few seasons and looks as if draft projections still see the same problem continuing is....The OFFENSIVE LINE!!! :w00t:

That said i'm not sure the Giants have a Cam like qb to run the type of offense Shula succeeded recently with...

There are a couple FA linemen I hope we can bring in, and who knows maybe we trade the number 2 pick and get a couple more high end ones in the draft. 

I really want that running back though. 

From what I’ve seen Shula is basically gonna be the QB coach. He won’t be calling plays at least. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I really want that running back though. 

IDK I wouldn't be mad if the Browns drafted Barkley but if you go back and watch the OSU v PSU game that defense made Barkley look pretty average. I don't think Michel and Guice are that far behind him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK I wouldn't be mad if the Browns drafted Barkley but if you go back and watch the OSU v PSU game that defense made Barkley look pretty average. I don't think Michel and Guice are that far behind him. 

Yeah the browns are probably gonna take him. They also have the 4th pick so they will probably get their QB then, and Barkley first.

I don't know man, have you seen that kids highlights? Its hard to judge from one game.

• Like 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

I don't know man, have you seen that kids highlights? Its hard to judge from one game.

Oh the dude is special for sure I'm definitely not arguing that point, Guice and Michel have both impressed the hell out of me too though. 

I think there's a decent chance the Browns go for Barkley but it could also be Fitzpatrick to pair with Peppers in the defensive backfield or even Chubb to pair with Garret on the opposite edge. Gotta say I wouldn't be upset with Chubb and Garrett chasing QB's together for the foreseeable future. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Browns or Giants took a bit of a reach on that Davenport kid from UTSA. That dude could shoot up the boards after the combine. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh the dude is special for sure I'm definitely not arguing that point, Guice and Michel have both impressed the hell out of me too though. 

I think there's a decent chance the Browns go for Barkley but it could also be Fitzpatrick to pair with Peppers in the defensive backfield or even Chubb to pair with Garret on the opposite edge. Gotta say I wouldn't be upset with Chubb and Garrett chasing QB's together for the foreseeable future. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Browns or Giants took a bit of a reach on that Davenport kid from UTSA. That dude could shoot up the boards after the combine. 

Yea I wouldn't mind get Fitz at all, if Barkley isn't there. I just hope they don't get a QB. I don't see how any of the top 4 guys are any better then Davis Web our back up right now. He's been working under Eli for over a year now, and the other players love him. We will see though.

There are a few guys in the top 10 that are not quarterbacks, who will be great impact players right away. I hope the Giants don't blow this.

With my luck they will do exactly what I want them to do, and Rosen will end up being the next Rodgers lol 

• Like 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Yea I wouldn't mind get Fitz at all, if Barkley isn't there. I just hope they don't get a QB. I don't see how any of the top 4 guys are any better then Davis Web our back up right now. He's been working under Eli for over a year now, and the other players love him. We will see though.

I was just wondering about Webb the other day. I tend to agree about this year's QB's not being any better than he is. If I were the Giants, or any other team with a semi stable QB situation for that matter, I would however take a flyer on Lamar Jackson in the 2nd or 3rd (if he falls that far). If that guy can gain 25lbs while sitting on the bench for a couple of years he could be very special. 

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

With my luck they will do exactly what I want them to do, and Rosen will end up being the next Rodgers lol 

LMAO I was just thinking the same thing about Mayfield and the Browns! :lol:

If I were a GM id never touch Rosen in the first round, no matter how pretty his throwing motion is. The biggest part of ability is availability and that dude couldn't stay healthy in the pac10. How is he gonna hold up in a -5 degree game in NY? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, internetperson said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22590179/what-made-blake-bortles-extension-questionable-why-jacksonville-jaguars-all-nfl-2018

So we're keeping Bortles. We got rid of Ivory which sucks but not much of a surprise.  

There are a few golden rules I live by as a fly fisherman and one of the biggest is never leave fish to find fish. 

Your QB situation could be much worse. 

- a Brown's fan. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:35 AM, preacherman76 said:

Alrighty so I was clearly wrong about Barkley. The kid's combine performance was amazing. Unless the Browns GM is in absolute LOVE with one of the QB's I say take him 1st overall and take whichever of the QB's falls to 4th. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Alrighty so I was clearly wrong about Barkley. The kid's combine performance was amazing. Unless the Browns GM is in absolute LOVE with one of the QB's I say take him 1st overall and take whichever of the QB's falls to 4th. 

Yeah that kid is special. Had an amazing combine. I don't see how he drops to the #2 spot. What a waste that will be going to the Browns. Its like Barry Sanders getting stuck in Detroit.

• Like 3

Great move by the Giants

Giants acquired ILB Alec Ogletree and a 2018 seventh-round pick from the Rams in exchange for 2018 fourth- and sixth-round picks.
The Rams just signed Ogletree to a four-year, $42 million extension in October but evidently didn't like his fit in DC Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense. L.A. was gashed by the run last season, and playing Ogletree and Mark Barron, a pair of converted safeties, at inside linebacker was a big reason for that. Both are extremely athletic, but they were too light and got pushed around by offensive linemen. The Rams recoup the fourth-rounder they sent to K.C. in the Marcus Peters deal with this move and clear a bunch of cash off the books for future long-term deals. Linebacker was a massive need for the Giants. Mar 7 - 4:01 PM
  • Like 2

Jarvis Landry is going to the Browns in exchange for a pick in the 2018 draft and a pick in the 2019 draft. As long as neither of those are firsts I'm kinda stoked. 

• Like 1

Respect to you Sherm.  Thanks for the memories my brother!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Respect to you Sherm.  Thanks for the memories my brother!

OverSword The Hawks had a great run, time to rebuild imo. 

• Like 2