Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2018

BrooklynGuy

I think it only works out now cause both teams have to make the trip. Pretty sure they go a few days in advance (not positive) but anyway I like it this way, we kill it in london. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, internetperson said:

I think it only works out now cause both teams have to make the trip. Pretty sure they go a few days in advance (not positive) but anyway I like it this way, we kill it in london. 

Exactly but the Jags would have an advantage at home and get hurt traveling

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Been reading a bit more about the whole london thing and it's not looking good. 'Follow the money' kinda thing. I might not have an NFL team in like 10 years. They wanna do a half games in jax, half in london thing within 5 years. Why would one of the greatest cities in the world wanna work with jax? Why don't they just take it? 

If this happens it will drive jacksonville crazy. We had to watch our team get fed to the wolves year after year and I don't wanna see them go now that they're a good team. 

Someone tell me I'm being paranoid and it's all gonna be ok.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, internetperson said:

Been reading a bit more about the whole london thing and it's not looking good. 'Follow the money' kinda thing. I might not have an NFL team in like 10 years. They wanna do a half games in jax, half in london thing within 5 years. Why would one of the greatest cities in the world wanna work with jax? Why don't they just take it? 

If this happens it will drive jacksonville crazy. We had to watch our team get fed to the wolves year after year and I don't wanna see them go now that they're a good team. 

See how the league reacts I guess although it seems like they've wanted this for a long time.  I know how you feel, the Bills were likely heading to Canada until the  Pagulas stepped in and bought the team out from under the Canadian's nose.  Very happy day in Buffalo.  My father said Pagula is doing amazing things rebuilding downtown and will likely build a stadium on the lake front in a decade or so.  I know that is no help but things can happen at the last minute that averts disaster.

• Like 4

Earl Thomas has been a great player for the Seahawks, and at the time of his last contract signing was the highest paid safety in the league.  This is the last year of said contract and he held out for a new contract all through the pre-season.  He pulled crap like approaching the coach of the Cowboys after a game last season and telling him "come get me".  They didn't.  Yesterday he broke his leg and after his contract expires will have been paid around $50million.  So after all that this is how he wants us to remember him, flipping the bird to our sidelines for not guaranteeing he screw up our salary cap for years to come? 

earl.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=41

And he's still going to get $8.5million for likely sitting out the rest of this year too.  Someone please give me $8.5million and I'll retire with big shiteating grin on my face.  Guess who's jersey I've been wearing every Sunday for years?  My next Jersey is going to be Largent. <_<

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Earl Thomas has been a great player for the Seahawks, and at the time of his last contract signing was the highest paid safety in the league.  This is the last year of said contract and he held out for a new contract all through the pre-season.  He pulled crap like approaching the coach of the Cowboys after a game last season and telling him "come get me".  They didn't.  Yesterday he broke his leg and after his contract expires will have been paid around $50million.  So after all that this is how he wants us to remember him, flipping the bird to our sidelines for not guaranteeing he screw up our salary cap for years to come? 

And he's still going to get $8.5million for likely sitting out the rest of this year too.  Someone please give me $8.5million and I'll retire with big shiteating grin on my face.  Guess who's jersey I've been wearing every Sunday for years?  My next Jersey is going to be Largent. <_<

I hate players with no loyalty in any sport. Thomas is a great player but no player is bigger than the team. He can **** right off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I hate players with no loyalty in any sport. Thomas is a great player but no player is bigger than the team. He can **** right off.

I still appreciate him as a great Seahawk and a great player, probably all time, but these older players just lose all perspective it seems and it becomes all about money.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I still appreciate him as a great Seahawk and a great player, probably all time, but these older players just lose all perspective it seems and it becomes all about money.

Probably because they p*** away their money for years thinking it'll last forever, then realise they'll be screwed later in life. At least that's the impression I get from watching Ballers :D

I support Arsenal and we have a long history of raising young players, making them into who they are and then having them spend most of their career injured. Then they have one full season uninjured where they shine and repay that loyalty with going elsewhere. Can't stand it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

@Myles what was Reich thinking, he cost Indy the game?

I was mad at first, but after thinking it through, I think it was the correct call.   If they would have punted, the game ends in a tie.   The Colts face the Pats in New England on Thursday and road teams on Thursday lose almost all the time.   They needed a win in this game and Luck had been very good.  

Vrabil did a similar thing in the Titans game against the Eagles and he is being touted as tough gutsy coach.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

It bugs me that people are thinking of him as a victim.   He is still playing off a huge contract he signed 4 years ago.   He was the highest paid defensive player at the time (or at least top 3).  He's 30 years old and has missed games each year the past few years.   I have no empathy for the guy.  

• Like 3

Dol2HYjX0AE7eGl.jpg

• Like 2

Going to the game on Sunday.  Hope the Rams are ready to suffer their first defeat of the season :D

GO HAWKS!

• Like 4

On 9/28/2018 at 12:55 PM, internetperson said:

As someone who watched this happen to his hometown team the best advice I can give is to get out in front of it NOW.

Reach out to some of the Jags backers clubs and start multiple petitions. Everything from building a new stadium, to keeping the team to keeping the team name if the team itself does move. Let the politicians know they will pay if they let your team leave and let the ownership know it will pay for them to stay in Jacksonville because of the passionate fan base.

IDK that any of that can stem the tide but at least then you can say you tried.

• Like 4

Steelers are looking awful, it's painful to watch them play this year.   I think between Ben getting older and ready to retire, Le'Veon Bell being a pain in the *ss and general contention within the team are killing us.   <_<

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Steelers are looking awful, it's painful to watch them play this year.   I think between Ben getting older and ready to retire, Le'Veon Bell being a pain in the *ss and general contention within the team are killing us.   <_<

You're always so nice to me so I wont tell you how i actually feel about the Steelers struggles this year :D

But I will say im not excited that Bell has chosen to make the Cleveland game the game he returns in. I think thats going to fix alot of big ben's problems.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

As someone who watched this happen to his hometown team the best advice I can give is to get out in front of it NOW.

Reach out to some of the Jags backers clubs and start multiple petitions. Everything from building a new stadium, to keeping the team to keeping the team name if the team itself does move. Let the politicians know they will pay if they let your team leave and let the ownership know it will pay for them to stay in Jacksonville because of the passionate fan base.

IDK that any of that can stem the tide but at least then you can say you tried.

What Farmer said.  The Chargers tried to work with San Diego for over a decade to get some kind of arrangement that would keep them in the City but the city wouldn't budge (translation build a new stadium).  Whatever it takes, do it.  We lost our Super Sonics and I feel terrible for anyone else that has to go through that.  The word sucks does not do it justice.

• Like 3

Just now, Farmer77 said:

You're always so nice to me so I wont tell you how i actually feel about the Steelers struggles this year :D

But I will say im not excited that Bell has chosen to make the Cleveland game the game he returns in. I think thats going to fix alot of big ben's problems.

I don't give anyone flack for what team they like.  Unless they are playing against my team, then I'll do some good-natured ribbing.  ;)  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I don't give anyone flack for what team they like.  Unless they are playing against my team, then I'll do some good-natured ribbing.  ;)  

You mean like the time you paid the refs to win Superbowl 40?  Seriously, you put an asterix next to that one don't you?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You mean like the time you paid the refs to win Superbowl 40?  Seriously, you put an asterix next to that one don't you?

I have to admit, there were some questionable calls during that game.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I have to admit, there were some questionable calls during that game.  

First Pennsylvanian I've ever heard admit that.  Are you just humoring me?  Oh wait you're in Ohio.  NM. :D

Steeler_Ref.jpg

Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

First Pennsylvanian I've ever heard admit that.  Are you just humoring me?  Oh wait you're in Ohio.  NM. :D

Steeler_Ref.jpg

Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow Black and yellow

Hey, I call it like I see it, doesn't matter if it's my team or someone else.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm addicted to NFL. At first it was mainly my fantasy team that led to me watching more than just the Seahawks, but I've kinda fallen in love with the game.

Those ****ing adverts though are an absolute nightmare. I now know more about American products than UK ones. Also know about 30 different ways to get depression, constipation, headaches, nausea and sudden death. "Please buy our product, but be careful: it could kill you".

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm addicted to NFL. At first it was mainly my fantasy team that led to me watching more than just the Seahawks, but I've kinda fallen in love with the game.

Those ****ing adverts though are an absolute nightmare. I now know more about American products than UK ones. Also know about 30 different ways to get depression, constipation, headaches, nausea and sudden death. "Please buy our product, but be careful: it could kill you".

I couldn't agree more EMM, I'm so sick of the commercials.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I read this and was reminded of, "Side Effects" by Steve Martin.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1