Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2018

BrooklynGuy

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:
Great move by the Giants

Giants acquired ILB Alec Ogletree and a 2018 seventh-round pick from the Rams in exchange for 2018 fourth- and sixth-round picks.
The Rams just signed Ogletree to a four-year, $42 million extension in October but evidently didn't like his fit in DC Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense. L.A. was gashed by the run last season, and playing Ogletree and Mark Barron, a pair of converted safeties, at inside linebacker was a big reason for that. Both are extremely athletic, but they were too light and got pushed around by offensive linemen. The Rams recoup the fourth-rounder they sent to K.C. in the Marcus Peters deal with this move and clear a bunch of cash off the books for future long-term deals. Linebacker was a massive need for the Giants. Mar 7 - 4:01 PM

preacherman76 I'm really hooping my G-Men can put a competitive team together this year. Obviously they need a QB and O-Line help. I would have liked to seen a more proven head coach come in but hopefully Shurmer can put a competitive team on the field.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

OverSword The Hawks had a great run, time to rebuild imo. 

Definitely.  In Pete Carols 2nd year the only player left from his 1st was the punter, 2 years later we won the superbowl so tear it all down if that's what it takes.

• Like 1

What a freaking day for the Cleveland faithful!!!!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

preacherman76 I'm really hooping my G-Men can put a competitive team together this year. Obviously they need a QB and O-Line help. I would have liked to seen a more proven head coach come in but hopefully Shurmer can put a competitive team on the field.

I don't think they are going for a QB in this draft. I think they are gonna play Eli for 1 or 2 more years while grooming Web. O line is where we need the most help. There are a couple good FA's but they will be expensive cause not a lot of good ones are hitting the market. There is some good talent in the draft. One or 2 FA's and a couple second and third round picks, hopefully will be enough. Move Flowers over to the right side, they might be good enough to compete.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

What a freaking day for the Cleveland faithful!!!!! 

I don't get exactly what happened there. They made a couple trades right? What were the details?

• Like 2

Ahh Damn, I see they traded for that QB from the Bills. Crap. There goes any chance the Giants had of get Barkly. Well if that's the case I hope they trade down and build a sick O-line in the draft.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I don't get exactly what happened there. They made a couple trades right? What were the details?

They picked up Jarvis Landry, pro bowl slot WR from the dolphins, Tyrod Taylor from the Bills as their bridge QB and Green Bay's #1 CB Demarious Randall. 

They did all of that without giving up any of their 5 picks in the first two rounds and they still have like 80 million in cap space. 

I think I'm sniffing Barkley and Mayfield in the draft for the Browns.  

• Like 2

This kinda forces the Giants to address their main problems. I don't know to much about college players. I heard there is a sick guard that people think is worthy of a high first round pick. Maybe trade down a few spots, get that guard and hopefully have 2 picks in the second round to pick up at least one more for the line. FA starts Monday I think, so the draft picture will come a lot more clear after the first week. I really think Eli should take a major pay cut for this year. There is a couple top level Oline FA's, that are gonna cost a fortune, but I don't see how they have much choice there. Eli could make spending that money less of a burden. I doubt he will though.

• Like 2

Maybe the Browns will win a couple games this year lol. 

They are making great moves, and are still in position to make a few more if they play this right. I can’t help but think they will find a way to still suck though lol. 

I know if I was a Browns fan I’d be really excited though. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Maybe trade down a few spots, get that guard and hopefully have 2 picks in the second round to pick up at least one more for the line.

I'm hoping Cleveland calls you guys and offers to trade the 4th and the 32nd and maybe some later round picks for the 2nd overall. That would let Cleveland get Barkley and the QB they want and move you guys back to a slot where drafting a guard starts to look more acceptable. 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

They are making great moves, and are still in position to make a few more if they play this right. I can’t help but think they will find a way to still suck though lol. 

Hey speaking of finding a way to suck have you seen the video of OBJ holding a blunt while the chick he's talking to is breaking up a white substance? IDK if anything will come of it because the video is somewhat ambiguous but its one of those that if you're an adult you know what it is he is doing kind of vids. 

New York Giants: Odell Beckham Jr. caught in compromising situation (Video)

• Like 1

Day one of the "legal tampering period" has been pretty quiet but I did just see this gem:

Vikings have reached out to Drew Brees’ agent

Hey its worth a shot even nearing 40 he's 3x the QB Cousins ever will be. 

• Like 1

Ndamukong Suh came in to work out with the Hawks this morning.  Not sure how I feel about hiring the guy that intentionally hurts QB's.  Well at least if we sign him Wilson will be safe.  The dude is hands down the scariest guy in the NFL.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Ndamukong Suh came in to work out with the Hawks this morning.  Not sure how I feel about hiring the guy that intentionally hurts QB's.  Well at least if we sign him Wilson will be safe.  The dude is hands down the scariest guy in the NFL.

Plus, he's a car guy. He had a radical 70 Chevelle he wrapped around a pole.

• Like 3

Woke up today to read an article from a local Cleveland beat writer pushing a rumor of an OBJ trade to Cleveland.

Not sure if it was based on sources or just on the fact that the Browns have OBJ's position coach and teammate from college.

In your opinion what should the team require to give him up?  

• Like 2

Free agency is heating up!!!!!!  

NFL Free Agency 2018: Live Updates, Rumors and Signings for March 13

• Cousins to Minnesota 
  • Bradford to AZ 
  • Kenum to Denver @.ZZ.
  • Bridgewater to the Jets
  • Allan Robinson to the Bears
  • Amendola to the Dolphins
  • Watkins to K.C.  

More dominos to fall soon 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Free agency is heating up!!!!!!  

NFL Free Agency 2018: Live Updates, Rumors and Signings for March 13

• Cousins to Minnesota 
  • Bradford to AZ 
  • Kenum to Denver @.ZZ.
  • Bridgewater to the Jets
  • Allan Robinson to the Bears
  • Amendola to the Dolphins
  • Watkins to K.C.  

More dominos to fall soon 

Kenum is from Brownwood TX.  We stayed at the worst motel EVER there. The bathtub hadn't been cleaned in a long, long time.

Now, as far as the NFL discussion goes, I won't be "in the mood" for a while. :lol:

Hell, I might find comfort with the Eagles this year.

Coach Pederson has nerve!! Reminds me of the "Texas gambler" at Baylor. I won't name who shall not be named.

Now, where did I put my "medicine" ;) 

Sounds like I need it today. :huh:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Woke up today to read an article from a local Cleveland beat writer pushing a rumor of an OBJ trade to Cleveland.

Not sure if it was based on sources or just on the fact that the Browns have OBJ's position coach and teammate from college.

From what I've seen so far, the Browns seem like they are getting their ducks in a row.

• Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

From what I've seen so far, the Browns seem like they are getting their ducks in a row.

I'm the eternal optimist but yeah I'm starting to feel pretty good about the moves made thus far. 

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Now, as far as the NFL discussion goes, I won't be "in the mood" for a while. :lol:

Keenum will be a bridge to whomever it is the Broncos draft at 5 but I'd be throwing on the Texans hat if I were you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm the eternal optimist but yeah I'm starting to feel pretty good about the moves made thus far. 

Keenum will be a bridge to whomever it is the Broncos draft at 5 but I'd be throwing on the Texans hat if I were you. 

It's funny, I was recently reflecting on Baylor. Just 2 years ago they were undefeated and scoring 50+ points per game. When they played some teams the O/U would be 100.

Then....the bottom fell out. I could cry about injuries, but I don't like to make excuses.

So, since this is the NFL thread I will ask: "Why can't the Browns get off the snide?"

BTW, I didn't spell Keenum right, thanks farmer. :lol: for leading me astray earlier.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

So, since this is the NFL thread I will ask: "Why can't the Browns get off the snide?"

Man ive become convinced that Joe Thomas is a curse. 

I know its insane. The guy is a hall of fame left tackle, but the team was on the rise when he was drafted but missed the playoffs on a fluke after a 10-6 season. Since then its been all downhill, now that hes talking about retiring the team looks to finally be on the rebound. The dude clearly made a pact with the devil to make the hall of fame or is being punished for killing puppies as a kid IDK. 

Ok so that was a joke (mostly) . 

Truthfully it comes down to ownership. The team hasn't had a good owner since Al Lerner died in 2002. His son who inherited the team cared a whole lot more about futbol than football. They made some good hires but the dysfunction from the top ate up the best of them (Butch Davis) and caused a whole bunch of folks to be hired who really just shouldn't have been. 

He sold the team to Jimmy Haslam who was a minority owner of the Steelers who was supposed to have used his time as minority owner as training for taking over his own team but he has consistently done stupid ass **** like hiring a coach before the GM and trying to force them together. Even today with the ridiculous amount of talent in the Browns front office (like world class) the power structure is still set up so the GM and coach are on equal levels and both report to the owner. 

Of course the GM reporting to the owner leads to decisions like drafting Johnny Manziel at #22 , or even worse from that draft was Justin Gilbert at #8 despite his measurable that guy DIDNT EVEN LIKE FOOTBALL. 

All of this mismanagement over time makes it hard to sign free agents or even to pull off trades which leads to a lack of talent on the field which is then replaced annually with bad draft choices and overpriced and undertalented free agents. 

The lack of talent leads to coaching turnover which means new systems which the current personnel don't necessarily fit in which leads to more purges of players. 

That's why the Browns intentionally tanked the last two years, get rid of some of the bloated contracts, get in line to draft that franchise QB high and start out with a young nucleus of players ala Seattle and LA 

So much like any other company the problems with the Brownies start at the top. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

The best left tackle in football has retired :

DYRJg9xW0AANJPb.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:37 AM, Farmer77 said:

All four first round picks, and next years second and third. In other words no, lol not gonna happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

All four first round picks, and next years second and third. In other words no, lol not gonna happen.

I figured it was a pipe dream kind of scenario but with that video coming out thought maybe NY might be getting sick of the primadonna. 

• Like 1