Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Leiael79

"Footprint mountain"

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Leiael79

Hi! I came over this location searching google earth in the desert of Saudi Arabia. The mountain/hilltop looks like a perfect 390 m ( 1.200 feet ) footprint :) This is most likely a natural formation, just really spectacular. I can't find any information about this location or references to any mountaintops looking like this anywhere else. The internet is full of "giant footprints" but nothing quite as big as this one. To add to the "mystery" this location is close to the same area where the tales say that the giants walked with Nimrod when they built Babylon ( or something in that direction )  I am not religious and I do not believe in giants with 350 m long feet walking the earth, but I do love a little mystery ;) Check it out here on google earth: 27.2201541403, 39.6679152787

I am new to this website and managed to post it in a wrong thread.Hope I will get some serious opinions about this location from all of you :)

Capture.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney

Ship Rock was suppose to be t what brought the Dine' (Navajo) to the Southwest. Actually they came down from Alaska after a volcano erupted but everybody needs to create a story to justify a natural feature.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiprock

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leiael79

It is quite interesting how giant footprints can be found all over the world and how history talks about giants walking the earth. I don't believe so, but it makes great stories ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
42 minutes ago, Leiael79 said:

Hi! I came over this location searching google earth in the desert of Saudi Arabia. The mountain/hilltop looks like a perfect 390 m ( 1.200 feet ) footprint :) This is most likely a natural formation, just really spectacular. I can't find any information about this location or references to any mountaintops looking like this anywhere else. The internet is full of "giant footprints" but nothing quite as big as this one. To add to the "mystery" this location is close to the same area where the tales say that the giants walked with Nimrod when they built Babylon ( or something in that direction )  I am not religious and I do not believe in giants with 350 m long feet walking the earth, but I do love a little mystery ;) Check it out here on google earth: 27.2201541403, 39.6679152787

I am new to this website and managed to post it in a wrong thread.Hope I will get some serious opinions about this location from all of you :)

Capture.JPG

It certainly is very reminisent to a foot print, but it does not take an expert eye to see it is not one. 

Note the "toes" at the top...you also have a similar effect at the other end, let alone the obvious give away that it is a rock...it is part of the rock on the left. 

And the fact it is on google earth...if it had been sonething 'special' it would have been detected before.

Can you give us the date this was taken, it will be down the bottom somewhere.

Here are more interesting.....rocks, they are certainly interesting to look at.

Quote

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leiael79
5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It certainly is very reminisent to a foot print, but it does not take an expert eye to see it is not one. 

Note the "toes" at the top...you also have a similar effect at the other end, let alone the obvious give away that it is a rock...it is part of the rock on the left. 

And the fact it is on google earth...if it had been sonething 'special' it would have been detected before.

Can you give us the date this was taken, it will be down the bottom somewhere.

Here are more interesting.....rocks, they are certainly interesting to look at.

 

Oh for sure. This is lava rock and not an actual footprint. It looks very much like a footprint tho. I do know what I am looking at, but it is still rare that you come over special features like this searching satellite images ( this time on google earth) I found this location yesterday or the day before.

Edited by Leiael79
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
33 minutes ago, Leiael79 said:

Oh for sure. This is lava rock and not an actual footprint. It looks very much like a footprint tho. I do know what I am looking at, but it is still rare that you come over special features like this searching satellite images ( this time on google earth) I found this location yesterday or the day before.

It is very interesting. I do the same things with clouds. 

Maybe this one left the footprint..lol

hqdefault.jpg

Obviously the clouds are not permanent like the rocks, but there plenty of them....you can see some on google, or you can just watch the skies.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leiael79

Awesome! lol it looks like a giant ;) Mystery solved!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
4 minutes ago, Leiael79 said:

Awesome! lol it looks like a giant ;) Mystery solved!

Note quite.. the cloud giant has 2 feet..the mountain giant only had one foot. :D..but you keep searching google earth for another foot and i will keep watching the clouds for a one legged giant. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leiael79

hmmm....This might be his pet tho :D This looks like some sand thing ( natural) on google, but pretty funny! We DID find two footprints! I highlighted the areas

2-footprints.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leiael79

we should make a new topic, "weird stuff on google earth" and see who comes up with the strangest locations ;) Im on like donkey kong! heheheh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh

How about from this point forward, anything interesting you find on Google Erath you go ahead and post here. I've noticed a pattern by which you've opened several different threads about features you've found on Google Earth. There is no reason to have a new thread every time. Keep your discoveries in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.