Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man claims to be a time traveler from 2030

UM-Bot

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

If he wins this week's lottery jackpot, I'm a believer.

No, what you should say is "If he gives me the winning numbers to the weeks lottery, I'm a believer"

• Like 5

It's Apex TV. That says it all for those who watched them before. I wonder how it managed to get into the news at all. It's a well-known mockumentary channel.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

If he wins this week's lottery jackpot, I'm a believer.

Ah, but if he does that then he will have changed the timeline .....  and that'll cause the entire universe to collapse in on itself.   And become a gigantic pizza.  With anchovies.   Or something.

What he could do is write down the lottery numbers and place them in a sealed envelope which is only then opened after the draw.   Likewise, make other predictions of specific events that will happen on specific dates, with the envelopes only being opened after the date.   So quite easy to prove, without affecting the timeline.  If, of course, he was genuine (and if he is, I'm a giant wombat).

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

Ah, but if he does that then he will have changed the timeline .....  and that'll cause the entire universe to collapse in on itself.   And become a gigantic pizza.  With anchovies.   Or something.

I could live die with that.

What if that's his plan?!!!

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

Raises the interesting question: how many anchovies can you fit on a pizza the size of the universe?! :o:D 

• Like 2

...again?

Self proclaimed time travelers are a bit of an old hat...

I'm actually surprised they didn't throw anything about North Korea into the predictions.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2

I wonder if "Ilana Remikee" is an anagram of something.

• Like 5

Don't tell me John Titor's found some new batteries for his flux capacitor. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Can you ellaborate on the "something" because i do not like anchovies on my pizza. 

Can not  be assed commenting on these ridiculous time travel claims...but the pizza bit caught my attention. ....now that is interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Essan said:

It wouldn't be the first time that winning the lottery killed someone :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Can you ellaborate on the "something" because i do not like anchovies on my pizza. 

Can not  be assed commenting on these ridiculous time travel claims...but the pizza bit caught my attention. ....now that is interesting.

This is the problem.  In an infinite universe, something could be, quite literally, anything ......   But more likely double pepperoni.   With chillis :) 

• Like 2

Presuming the "time traveler" is not from some remote, uncivilized tribe hidden in the deep jungle canopy, it should be rediculously simple to authenticate the claim.

He(or she) would have more CURRENT knowledge, that is, what happens in 2018.

Because they instead stretch it out into the relative far future, when no-one even remembers or indeed cares, they are FAKE.

• Like 1

pretty general predictions anyone can realistically make

No mention of Nth Korea either... or plastic in the oceans... or the middle east...you know...the kinds of things in all the media today

A time traveler and he only went back 12 years - what a waste.

• Like 5

Yeah, someone's going to expend all that energy to send a teenager back in time... I hope this becomes an SNL skit... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A man who claims to have traveled back in time has made several predictions about the future.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/315700/man-claims-to-be-a-time-traveler-from-2030

If he passed that test without medication then he is psychotic.

Notice in the future he describes there is nothing new? By that I mean he cannot tell you one genuine change to society which we cannot already predict as possible.

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

If he passed that test without medication then he is psychotic.

Notice in the future he describes there is nothing new? By that I mean he cannot tell you one genuine change to society which we cannot already predict as possible.

You can beat those without being psychotic. 

• Like 1

If he could say who wins the World Series in 2018 and Super Bowl in 2019 and it comes true then he's got my attention.

6 hours ago, Essan said:

What he could do is write down the lottery numbers and place them in a sealed envelope which is only then opened after the draw.   Likewise, make other predictions of specific events that will happen on specific dates, with the envelopes only being opened after the date.   So quite easy to prove, without affecting the timeline.  If, of course, he was genuine (and if he is, I'm a giant wombat).

How do we know he isn't the next winner?

39 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

If he could say who wins the World Series in 2018 and Super Bowl in 2019 and it comes true then he's got my attention.

Vegas would make him disappear in a hurry.

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

A time traveler and he only went back 12 years - what a waste.

Maybe his TARDIS ran out of rift energy and he's recharging it.

Edited by paperdyer
Added stuff