Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We are Perfect Beings?

Crazy Horse

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

No, since we make mistakes we are not perfect.  A perfect diamond has no flaws.  People have flaws.  But, if by perfect, you mean as good as we can be in our non-perfect state, I'd still say no.  Genetic disorders, diseases, birth defects, etc. render people less than perfect.  

Hello G,

In a relative sense we make mistakes, we hurt each other and even ourselves, thats true, but thats not what I am getting at!

I am talking in the ultimate sense. This idea of "Life Essence" or that "Spark of Divinity", our "Supra Conscious Mind" whatever you want to call it. The part of us that moves from one life to the next, our Soul, our Spirit, our Essential Nature. 

This I believe is perfect. I believe that we are born perfect, without sin. Physically and mentally there can be issues, but in essence, I believe that we are perfect beings.

But because of the religious dogma and theology of the last two millenia, we have this idea of original sin. This idea has infected our institutions, our way of thinking, our very psyche. We are told that we are sinners and separate from God. This has had a devistating impact upon our experience of life.

So, to recognise this perfection, to realise that we are not separate from God, and then to start to act with such a belief in mind, then all these issues such as war, poverty, crime and corruption, they would increasingly be filtered out from our day to day life until those things were only distant memories.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

I don't think we're perfect, or original sinners......so I would consider both untrue.  Does telling yourself something that's not true help in some way?

Yes, telling ourselves something that is not true might help, not that Im saying that we're not essentially perfect, but affirmations and auto suggestion does work.

I watch a video the other day of Darren Brown, testing the theories of MK-Ultra. In one part he took a guy down to the shooting range, this guy fired a riffle for the first time ever,  he had limited success, then DB put this guy into a hypnotic state, told him he was a crack shot, and then brought him back. So this guy has a second attempt and he hits the bullseye with almost every shot.

Now if we believe in this idea of us being perfect at our core, this auto-suggestion, to become anything you wanted, then we are just unearthing what was already there. So its not so much as telling yourself an untruth, more like tapping into that source of unlimited abilities. 

Edit: to add, we could use hypnosis and auto-suggestion, via willing participants, to bring out some truly amazing abilities and insights, for example, being put into a deep state of relaxation, and then being told, "you see the true nature of Reality" I think would be an amazing thing - whatever that true nature actually is, you would recognise it!!

Edited by Crazy Horse
  • Like 1