Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum physics and conscious

White Unicorn

I just read an interesting article in Discover by Steve Volk about anesthesiologist Stuart Hameroff and Sir Roger Penrose getting together on quantum consciousness theories. 

It discussed how microtubules in living cells possibly be could connect with the quantum physics effects. 

Quantum physics might be vital to our awareness cognition and memories. 

Single cell organisms process information without a brain or neurons so microtubules might explain how this happens. 

My personal belief is that our consciousness can attain different levels of awareness even to the extent of entering a quantum physics connection within ourselves to explain some mystical experiences that link to the no time or place type of consciousness that guides us. 

I think these guys are onto something to bring more theories to test out. Microtubules might just be the connection to finally bring the spiritual aspects of life to the realms of science in my opinion.

I really believe that real woo woo is not paranormal just a science of nature not fully understood. Some people can use it or misinterpret their own experiences as religious demonic or  a Godly like connection. By use it, I mean some things apparently controlled by psychics etc don't have to be understood by them to use that something extra. The light switch is there for even a child to turn on a light, the woo woo of paranormal can work the same way if you know the process of connecting. These microtubules just might be that light switch. 

Any thoughts about microtubules having a quantum physics connection? 

I'm new to this theory, but I believe that we can connect to the quantum world in a way that consciousness can be effected by it or in another way we can effect some sort of quantum process. 

DSC180301W800.jpg

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me their views on this subject?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wes83 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/11/quantum-brain/506768/

Check this out.

If you haven't already. But I thinks the science may be pointing towards our brain operating at some sort of quantum level within itself, it doesn't really imply there is a quantum connection between two or more brains...

Thanks for the link :)

On 2/14/2018 at 1:53 PM, White Unicorn said:

Quantum physics might be vital to our awareness cognition and memories. 

Our memory comes from an ancient virus.

Researchers were intrigued by the idea that a protein could behave like a virus and serve as the platform through which neurons communicate. What Arc does is open a window through which memories can become solidified. Without Arc, the window cannot be opened.

(from the link)

• Like 4

On 2/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, quiXilver said:

so... Vikings started consciousness? :P

LOL but the Viking article was good too! One of the most famous Viking burials was a woman LOL

2 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

LOL but the Viking article was good too! One of the most famous Viking burials was a woman LOL

I think consciousness is infinite and can go higher and lower. Such as a rock would be low on the scale. Ours is a bit higher then a normal animal. Now when you leave the human body the consciousness may be opened up more.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I think consciousness is infinite and can go higher and lower. Such as a rock would be low on the scale. Ours is a bit higher then a normal animal. Now when you leave the human body the consciousness may be opened up more.

I agree :)

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my, I actually watched an episode of Ancient Aliens because they were talking about Sir Roger Penrose and the  studies that I referred to in my post.

They show some interesting archeological places and stories but other than that I don't like the actual show's views since everything is an alien in the end LOL

This show was okay until the guy with the funny hair says ancient alien theorists say yes ....... 

So the study I was interested in hearing more about on their show ended up with the conclusion that aliens are reincarnating in human bodies. Sir Roger Penrose studies are proving it?!  Ugh

Edited by White Unicorn