Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 15
seeder

BREAKING: Active shooter at high school

998 posts in this topic

Quote

 

Shooting at Parkland, Florida school - reports

Police in Parkland, Florida, are responding to reports of an active shooter at a local high school.

The Broward Sherriff's Office said it was "working a developing incident" at Stoneman Douglas High School.

"There are reports of victims," it added, warning that the shooter was still at large and urging people to avoid the area.

A local Fox news affiliate reported seeing several people being treated for injuries outside the school.

Helicopter video showed armed police at the building's perimeter.

Coral Springs Police department, meanwhile, tweeted instructions to teachers and students to "remain barricaded inside until police reach you".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43066226


 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no...how horrific. 

Just turned on my TV set, they're saying the shooter is still at large. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching the coverage now, it doesn't look good.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why?  I just can't understand the mindset.  How are parents sending kids to schools in the US anymore?

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Why?  I just can't understand the mindset.  How are parents sending kids to schools in the US anymore?

If I had school age children I'd be sending them to a private school (even if I had to eat beans and do without in order to afford it). 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, suspect may now be in custody. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

If I had school age children I'd be sending them to a private school (even if I had to eat beans and do without in order to afford it). 

Exactly.  Those poor kids

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

"Many have been killed"  Says a Florida Senator Bill Nelson.

Edited by .ZZ.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im just waiting on the BBC news starting at 9pm....4 mins away for me....so far all I can do is READ about it

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

They have live coverage of the suspect being arrested from a helicopter camera.

Very clear.

Edited by .ZZ.
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

"Many have been killed"  Says a Florida Senator Bill Nelson.

Oh no...just teenagers. This makes me feel absolutely ill. 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

They have live coverage of the suspect being arrested form a helicopter. Very clear.

Just came on here too. Thank God they have him in custody now. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ggrrr.... BBC TV news havent run the story and its been on 15 mins already....the stories are about the African President Zuma, who has died...

all I can see about it is the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen.... still, links have been supplied above, so Cheers for that 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why the hell will anyone shoot kids?   Yes I know its happened before in the US..... I could maybe understand it if a kid shot a bully who had tormented him for years, but shoot multiple kids?

Christ what went wrong in that persons life?

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just now, seeder said:

why the hell will anyone shoot kids?  

because in vast majority of cases it is the kids themselves who is doing the shooting, either due to mental issue, or they are sick of being bullied, and school administration not do anything about it, and punish those that stand up for themselves 

Edited by aztek
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are graphic videos out there already, I hope nobody here links to them, they are very disturbing.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aztek said:

because in vast majority of cases it is the kids themselves who is doing the shooting, either due to mental issue, or they are sick of being bullied, and school administration not do anything about it, and punish those that stand up for themselves 

 

thats why Im glad the UK is very strict on gun laws....we can have them, but you need to have NO criminal record... and then only certain types of guns....usually only farmers and pest control use them....and those involved in sports shooting....

as a result, If we have a problem with a kid at school we stand toe to toe and fight, the good old fashioned way.. and those sports field fights are over in seconds with the worst damage being a bloody nose/fat lip or black eye

Not the death of many other kids....

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, seeder said:

. I could maybe understand it if a kid shot a bully who had tormented him for years, but shoot multiple kids?

 

it's not about  only one or two bullies, it is them, kids who laughed at them and did nothing about it, it's those kids who the shooter envied, for whatever reason,  maybe a girl who rejected him and told everyone about in details, or even added things that never took place, to embarrass him more there can be many reasons. at that age, a girl problem, or a reputation problem are life and death matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe the shooter was a High School student as well. Kids killing kids...very disturbing (to say the least). 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, seeder said:

 

thats why Im glad the UK is very strict on gun laws....we can have them, but you need to have NO criminal record...

kids do not get guns legally,  nor laws matter when guns bought illegally.  so laws do not play any role here one way or the other

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aztek said:

it's not about  only one or two bullies, it is them, kids who laughed at them and did nothing about it, it's those kids who the shooter envied, for whatever reason,  maybe a girl who rejected him and told everyone about in details, or even added things that never took place, to embarrass him more there can be many reasons. at that age, a girl problem, or a reputation problem are life and death matters.

 

Possible I agree.... dont the schools in the US have at least ONE talk a year on how to deal with bullying?  Heck my school did, and that was over 30 years ago.

The first lesson was...TELL a teacher whats going on....dont hide it inside....

then of course a bully was hauled in front of the headmaster....(a figure most kids fear in UK schools)  and a letter sent to the bullies parents about his behaviour...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aztek said:

it's not about  only one or two bullies, it is them, kids who laughed at them and did nothing about it, it's those kids who the shooter envied, for whatever reason,  maybe a girl who rejected him and told everyone about in details, or even added things that never took place, to embarrass him more there can be many reasons. at that age, a girl problem, or a reputation problem are life and death matters.

 

I think we can also add into the mix....the fact that kids today have things like facebook....bullying and nasty messages can be done there too

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aztek said:

kids do not get guns legally,  nor laws matter when guns bought illegally.  so laws do not play any role here one way or the other

No, but it's harder to get hold of a gun when most adults don't have the either ;)  

On an island with no cars, you rarely get anyone killed by a joy-rider ....

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, seeder said:

 

Possible I agree.... dont the schools in the US have at least ONE talk a year on how to deal with bullying? 

they do, but it is not how to defend yourself, or show a bully you are not an easy target, it is about basically do nothing, tell school official, and if it happens again, repeat doing nothing.  basically if you stand up for yourself, you are just as bad as a bully, and you will face more consequences than a bully himself. 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Essan said:

No, but it's harder to get hold of a gun when most adults don't have the either ;)  

On an island with no cars, you rarely get anyone killed by a joy-rider ....

on the island full of cars it is pointless to theorize what would happen if there was no cars.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 15

  • Recently Browsing   4 members

    • Hawkin
    • skliss
    • Myles
    • RavenHawk