Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
missyy22

I feel awkward listening to music/ wtching tv

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

missyy22

This isn't really related to anything that would be considered an unexplained mystery even though that's what this site is for but I can't log into yahoo right now so I posting it here......  Anyway I really feel awkward listening music. And I don't mean I don't like listening to it but I just feel awkward. I feel awkward with anything that gives you strong emotions and music kind of does. And also like I feel like I would be totally fine with it if I was listening to it in the dark. Because it also happens with thing like movies.... When theirs either a sad, violent, romantic or anything like that scene I always feel like my mood starts to match the TV and it makes me uncomfortable. I feel like my mood turns into whatever is on the TV. Is like the whole atmosphere around me starts to change or something and it feels lime im taking it in too much or something. I like it and hate it at the same time. Its so hard to explian.whenever something has such a strong emotion I get scared and uncomfortable I also cant watch youtube videos with people right in front of the camera talking to you because i get the same thing but more intesly. Like.i feel like i should be interacting with them or something. Or like it just feels like im taking in too many feelings/emotions at once. And also back to the music thing like if I'm swinging outside with my sister and I'm listening music (don't think I'm in like elementary school or something since I swing I'm in high school I just like swinging don't judge me) then once I come in and my music is off it feels.so uncomfortable because then everything is silent and the atmosphere feels weird and I feel so out in the open.... I'm also incredibly shy and even feel awkward with my self when I'm by myself 

Edited by missyy22
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish
27 minutes ago, missyy22 said:

This isn't really related to anything that would be considered an unexplained mystery even though that's what this site is for but I can't log into yahoo right now so I posting it here......  Anyway I really feel awkward listening music. And I don't mean I don't like listening to it but I just feel awkward. I feel awkward with anything that gives you strong emotions and music kind of does. And also like I feel like I would be totally fine with it if I was listening to it in the dark. Because it also happens with thing like movies....

When theirs either a sad, violent, romantic or anything like that scene I always feel like my mood starts to match the TV and it makes me uncomfortable. I feel like my mood turns into whatever is on the TV. Is like the whole atmosphere around me starts to change or something and it feels lime im taking it in too much or something. I like it and hate it at the same time. Its so hard to explain. whenever something has such a strong emotion I get scared and uncomfortable I also cant watch youtube videos with people right in front of the camera talking to you because i get the same thing but more intensely.

Like.i feel like i should be interacting with them or something. Or like it just feels like im taking in too many feelings/emotions at once. And also back to the music thing like if I'm swinging outside with my sister and I'm listening music (don't think I'm in like elementary school or something since I swing I'm in high school I just like swinging don't judge me) then once I come in and my music is off it feels.so uncomfortable because then everything is silent and the atmosphere feels weird and I feel so out in the open.... I'm also incredibly shy and even feel awkward with my self when I'm by myself 

I honestly think you should allow yourself to have these emotions. Not sure what kind of subconscious reason you have for repressing them (I'm not you), but just have them. The more you become accustomed to feeling things, you can better regulate your emotions. As to the bold, no one cares. That one thing that you should remember, no one cares as much as you think they do. I could get more into this, but it might be too 'dark' for someone in high school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
missyy22
13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I honestly think you should allow yourself to have these emotions. Not sure what kind of subconscious reason you have for repressing them (I'm not you), but just have them. The more you become accustomed to feeling things, you can better regulate your emotions. As to the bold, no one cares. That one thing that you should remember, no one cares as much as you think they do. I could get more into this, but it might be too 'dark' for someone in high school. 

"To dark for someone is highschool".... What is that supposed to mean. Just tell me what you were going to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
26 minutes ago, missyy22 said:

"To dark for someone is highschool".... What is that supposed to mean. Just tell me what you were going to say

Nothing insulting by any means. It's just that for one you should allow yourself to have emotions, and secondly not base your self-worth on what other people think (shyness), because honestly no one cares. People do not really think of you as much as you think they think of you.....if that makes sense. So for whatever reasons you feel shy around others, you shouldn't worry about what they think of you. The reason I said "too dark" is from my perspective, nothing matters. Life is meaningless, pointless, and there's no grand plan. You have to invent all that. They take it as a negative. So I have to forewarn people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, missyy22 said:

This isn't really related to anything that would be considered an unexplained mystery even though that's what this site is for but I can't log into yahoo right now so I posting it here......  Anyway I really feel awkward listening music. And I don't mean I don't like listening to it but I just feel awkward. I feel awkward with anything that gives you strong emotions and music kind of does. And also like I feel like I would be totally fine with it if I was listening to it in the dark. Because it also happens with thing like movies.... When theirs either a sad, violent, romantic or anything like that scene I always feel like my mood starts to match the TV and it makes me uncomfortable. I feel like my mood turns into whatever is on the TV. Is like the whole atmosphere around me starts to change or something and it feels lime im taking it in too much or something. I like it and hate it at the same time. Its so hard to explian.whenever something has such a strong emotion I get scared and uncomfortable I also cant watch youtube videos with people right in front of the camera talking to you because i get the same thing but more intesly. Like.i feel like i should be interacting with them or something. Or like it just feels like im taking in too many feelings/emotions at once. And also back to the music thing like if I'm swinging outside with my sister and I'm listening music (don't think I'm in like elementary school or something since I swing I'm in high school I just like swinging don't judge me) then once I come in and my music is off it feels.so uncomfortable because then everything is silent and the atmosphere feels weird and I feel so out in the open.... I'm also incredibly shy and even feel awkward with my self when I'm by myself 

That's symptoms of being on the autistic spectrum. I avoid certain movies and I only listen to music at night because it gives me too many mixed emotions. I also build with legos and rehash starship models....and oh yeah.   I like my pallet swing. :tu:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija

Hi, missyy22, welcome to UM. :D

I very rarely listen to any kind of music, I never have the radio on and watch YouTube without any sound(most of the time). This is because all these things 'take me away from me'. I don't know how else to describe it. I describe myself as being very sensitive ...... in all areas of my life.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.