Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens and time travel

flabbins

Not sure if this has been brought up before but I have a nagging problem with the abduction and missing time theory.

If aliens can time travel/bend space and time to get our planet to abduct humans, why do they seem to drop abductees off somewhere else and a few hours later? If they can time  travel surely they would drop them back in exactly the same spot they were abducted and at the same time? 

• Like 3

I like that idea. The problem is that aliens are just like the mythical powers that be and they need to leave bread crumbs along the way. That's just how powerful groups operate. It's a universal law that cannot be violated.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, flabbins said:

Not sure if this has been brought up before but I have a nagging problem with the abduction and missing time theory.

If aliens can time travel/bend space and time to get our planet to abduct humans, why do they seem to drop abductees off somewhere else and a few hours later? If they can time  travel surely they would drop them back in exactly the same spot they were abducted and at the same time? 

it would be illogical for intelligent alien beings not to do this.

Therefore it's probably because either they can't  time travel/bend space or they are not here abducting people.....

Edited by Dejarma

16 hours ago, flabbins said:

Well, to be fair, the Earth is both revolving around its axis and the sun, and the sun is moving in orbit around the galactic centre, and the galaxy is moving through the universe. Even if you could somehow travel through (just) time, the Earth, etc. wouldn't exist in the exact same physical location as it was a few hours previously, so you couldn't just drop them back at the same place. Although I guess if you play pretend that aliens have magic super-light travel technology, you could pretend the aliens know enough to account for that, too.

...no wonder the Doctor has such trouble with short hops in the TARDIS.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

The ability for someone or something to go back in time...is not feasible and a impossible feat.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, Erno86 said:

The ability for someone or something to go back in time...is not feasible and a impossible feat.

why do you say that is impossible? You usually advocate for all sort of things like that.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Erno86 said:

Einstien disagrees

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, flabbins said:

Assuming this was happening, a logical explanation could be that travelling here takes an incredible amount of effort/energy and to warp time is not as easy as just flicking a switch. So they create a worm hole or whatever in order to get here, but then the same technology is impractical just to take someone back half an hour. Far better to just steal their womb and stop their wrist watch and put them back where they found them.