Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

bpud4.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, seeder said:

OH man dont even me started on Quiche....I LOVE Quiche and LOVE trying new flavours in it...

I went thru a smokey bacon and veg stage, then chorizzo  ...and even black pudding and blue cheese

black pudding is our name for blood sausage

Aren't they great, throw almost any food in them and they taste good.

Plus are good hot or cold

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Aren't they great, throw almost any food in them and they taste good.

Plus are good hot or cold

we also have an egg pudding! And yes its a dessert dish, sweet....might sound odd but its one of my faves...

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/baked-egg-custard-2/764b183b-20f6-49e9-9ddc-662e8db3cfe6

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seeder said:

we also have an egg pudding! And yes its a dessert dish, sweet....might sound odd but its one of my faves...

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/baked-egg-custard-2/764b183b-20f6-49e9-9ddc-662e8db3cfe6

Could almost turn it into a Custard tart, just missing the biscuit baseImage result for custard tart 

• Like 6

Oh yes....I just realised the recipe I posted wasnt in a pastry base....

we make them much the same as a quiche....with a pastry base...

or we make then into individual tarts....either way....a pastry base is preferred...

5f6a049e-305c-4129-9e8e-0c59403b5ee6.jpg

egg_custard_tarts_15352_16x9.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

Oh yes....I just realised the recipe I posted wasnt in a pastry base....

we make them much the same as a quiche....with a pastry base...

or we make then into individual tarts....either way....a pastry base is preferred...

5f6a049e-305c-4129-9e8e-0c59403b5ee6.jpg

egg_custard_tarts_15352_16x9.jpg

Custard tarts with sprinkle of nutmeg cold so good

• Like 2

Just now, Ruby04 said:

Custard tarts with sprinkle of nutmeg cold so good

Now youre talking my language!   man Ive realised Ive not had one for years....think I will pop in the bakery in town and get a bag full of custard tarts....

or just get the ingredients to make my own....what a great way to eat eggs!

• Like 4

now Ive got the munchies....but nothing sweet in the cupboards....grr.... shops are closed here now, its near midnight   :td:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

now Ive got the munchies....but nothing sweet in the cupboards....grr.... shops are closed here now, its near midnight   :td:

10:23am and on way to Costco. Ofcourse I’m not driver so it’s ok me being on phone 

• Like 2

i think i actually have to make mini quiches now! alls i got is chicken and/or spinach though

• Like 3

for the foodies here, and arent we all.... there is a thread for that too

I just posted there about my love for Faggots!!  :lol:    Yes its a real UK dish and I AM aware the word means different things in other countries... :lol:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2552644/faggots-with-onion-gravy

4-Faggots.jpg

• Like 4

quiches are nice because sometimes you have eggs, and then you add things to make them better than eggs, and then you have a quiche

that is my recipe, copyright me right now

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, seeder said:

I just posted there about my love for Faggots!!  :lol:    Yes its a real UK dish and I AM aware the word means different things in other countries... :lol:

Never came across that before - but since it mentioned gravy I was willing to look at the recipe - got as far 2 lines and saw "liver". Aghhh the nightmares begin!!

Liver - just awful as a food stuff.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Never came across that before - but since it mentioned gravy I was willing to look at the recipe - got as far 2 lines and saw "liver". Aghhh the nightmares begin!!

Liver - just awful as a food stuff.

thing is....its all usually minced so no 'lumps of liver'...

being a (not wealthy) child of the sixties I grew up on cheaper cuts of meat....such as liver, kidney, lambs hearts...as did many UK people at the time...

we always were given a lump of dried out liver with gravy and I too hated the stuff....

until that is....I learned to cook.... now I LOVE a good liver and bacon dinner....with mash and onion gravy......the trick for me was NOT serving it as a lump, like a steak....but to slice it real fine so it cooks in a moment.... that way its tender...

sample recipe

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/138215/Liver-and-bacon

Its a good, nutritious and CHEAP source of meat

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, seeder said:

bpud4.jpg

Reminds me of one of my favourite parts of going across the border: Full Irish Breakfast

Sausages, Bacon, Potato bread, beans, tomato, mushrooms, Black pudding and ... wait for it ......white pudding.

• Like 3

Lambs heart dinner...again....a CHEAP cut of meat...ask your butcher/supermarket and try!!

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/slow-braised-stuffed-lamb-hearts.html

Stuffed-beef-hearts-1-ab591d30-171b-46ce

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

being a (not wealthy) child of the sixties I grew up on cheaper cuts of meat....such as liver, kidney, lambs hearts...as did many UK people at the time..

I remember it well ... Dad: eat you liver, Me: No, DAD Do you know there is people starving across the world, Me: give them the liver.

or to that effect.

Unfortunately I never learned to cook. Tried when my own kids were younger - but they refused point blank to eat charcoal as its always turned out.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Reminds me of one of my favourite parts of going across the border: Full Irish Breakfast

Sausages, Bacon, Potato bread, beans, tomato, mushrooms, Black pudding and ... wait for it ......white pudding.

I think they stole the traditional Full English Breakfast!!   Then added white pudding :lol:

web-fried-food-pa.jpg

BUT....I prefer to have boiled (canned) tomatoes instead of beans....and now the bloody cafes serve them with CHIPS!

Chips for a breakfast?....OK fried potatoes arent far off being chips really... the one above is missing the black pudding tho

this one isnt,,,, but Id want MORE black pudding than that, and MORE mushrooms too

20120808-216637-british-bites-guide-to-a

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

Just now, seeder said:

I think they stole the traditional Full English Breakfast!!   Then added white pudding :lol:

Lol: or the english stole the Irish one and subtracted the white pudding :D

• Like 3

LADIES take note of our...and the Irish....full breakfasts.... thats a way to a mans heart !!

You might think thats a big plate of food for breakfast....perhaps it is....but you dont need to eat for hours after :lol:

• Like 3

and now Im really bloody hungry.... :angry:

• The topic was locked