Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

We currently have 2 cats, but we spotted "Lava kitty" as we called him while camping in the lava fields of New Mexico.

Somebody abandoned the poor animal. Lots of lizards to munch on though.

33435916621_012154220d_o.jpg

Aww, cutie!!   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I love that fur pattern but never knew the right name for it. The last of a feral colony I brought with me to the wilds from Florida when I retired from the cop shop has finally passed over and it seems really wrong around the old farmstead now. I have had cats for generations for decades from that little family of felines. We had silver, black and black and white mostly in that group

I had never seen one like that, but my wife knows all things cats. :lol:

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Your cat again?

LG has become part cat now

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I still have the dead Pygmy Owl on my back porch.

Kmt, I'd like to formally offer it's skeleton to the Chicago Field Museum as a replacement for Sue your former raptor.

LOL So kind of you, but we already have oodles of dead owls.

You can't believe what people bring in from their back yards.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

LG has become part cat now

There are vastly worse things :DDD  cats can be the very best pets to have.

• Like 2

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

There are vastly worse things :DDD  cats can be the very best pets to have.

Cats are cool.

• Like 2

Oh are you a museum sort? I could use a source to auction off a nice collection of Maxfield Parrishes. My friend in NYC museum circles seems to not have any art connections for that. Most do not know what they even are anymore :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Oh are you a museum sort? I could use a source to auction off a nice collection of Maxfield Parrishes. My friend in NYC museum circles seems to not have any art connections for that. Most do not know what they even are anymore :(

I'm with a natural history museum. We have a lot of art in our collections, but the sort by Parrish is really more the purview of an art museum or a reputable auctioneer.

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Fantastic art for sure, but search for galleries.

ah that is what is gone, also, no more chat room, hence why these threads are fun. That was a mess. Once in a while you could get a good topic going but there was always some jerk to botch it up or that one mod then and his gf who would do it. I see she remains here and never knew she was aware what all he did, but HE was a wacko and liar on many sad levels, with about a half dozen alts on here I knew about, so there were more for sure. Haven't seen him turn up yet though. He needs to be gone.

• Like 1

The main thing about my group of them is I was obsessed as a child with them and bought them up in the 70s when some of his prints in his own hand made frames were around. I also have one or two that I am confident may not exist anywhere else. One is a calendar cover he did for a electric company when he was new, a limited run, which I got from my Uncle who was a VP there then. Still in its wrapper. That may be a one off. The rest can be had alsewhere. My other prize is a Jello ad he did a booklet with several of his sketches throughout. I paid a lot for that at auction :). For what it was. My little vice. Good ole Max and no clue why I had such an obsession as a small child over him either.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

LOL So kind of you, but we already have oodles of dead owls.

You can't believe what people bring in from their back yards.

Not a taker for the dead owl then?

He's really cute though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He's really cute though.

Stuff him and keep him?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

Stuff him and keep him?

If no one else wants to, I'll just plant him in the backyard next spring.

Dead shells of things creep me out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

@Not A Rockstar DA became our chatroom. First DA was started by Aqulia and got to 1,002 pages and now we have pt2

It's 1,004 pages if you count all of those posts of yours we Mods had to remove. :lol:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He's really cute though.

I might recommend finding a respectable taxidermist and having it stuffed for your living room. Display it right next to that elephant foot and hippo butt.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

It's 1,004 pages if you count all of those posts of yours we Mods had to remove. :lol:

:innocent:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

If no one else wants to, I'll just plant him in the backyard next spring.

Dead shells of things creep me out.

Ashes is the only dead things I have

• Like 1

Just now, tcgram said:

:innocent:

I'm willing to bet you, TC, have never had a single post removed at UM. I was joking about Ruby, though. It's certainly not her posts we removed.

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

I'm willing to bet you, TC, have never had a single post removed at UM. I was joking about Ruby, though. It's certainly not her posts we removed.

I honestly don't remember if I have or haven't.  

• Like 1

Just now, tcgram said:

I honestly don't remember if I have or haven't.  

You're too nice. Even I have had several posts removed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Lol always.

Truthfully, I don't think I've had a mod removed one. I know I removed a video last night (hadn't finished watching before posting) about bald men can be attractive, it had f word in it and thought hmm I don't think I can keep that posted

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

You're too nice. Even I have had several posts removed.

I've been angrified a couple of times.

Now I'm friends with some of them.

• Like 4

Just now, Ruby04 said:

Lol always.

Truthfully, I don't think I've had a mod removed one. I know I removed a video last night (hadn't finished watching before posting) about bald men can be attractive, it had f word in it and thought hmm I don't think I can keep that posted

That's the sort of video that ends up being reported to us Mods. It was wise (and kind) of you to screen it. And too bad. We bald men need all of the validation we can get.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked