Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Do you need to borrow my pickle spear?

Cheat.

Don't be cruel to a vegtabeul.

• Like 3

I don't get vegans, but I don't actually know any.

I get it. Looking at it from a strictly moral and sustainability focus, I get it.

But I also realllly lover a good thick steak medium done cooked with mushrooms and garlic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

My teacher I had for CNC actually made a bunch of pens from when a old tallship in England was undergoing repairs. 

I have a lot of lumber right now for making pens from buildings around a century and a half old. 

Right, tallship, not longship. I think longship is Viking, but I'm not nautical.

Every summer Chicago has a big tallship festival at Navy Pier. This summer I'll saunter around there with a crowbar and help myself to hull sections for you pens. They'll never notice.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I went back to check, sorry. You say if. It's been a few days and I was just referencing back to the thread title. 

No I am not an ET guy. That is why as this memory returned and released a lot of emotions and all of that is odd for me, I asked. I know what I saw, I know ET guys talk about lizard men and greys and stuff, so I wanted to know what was said about them to sort out why I am seeing this at all. If nothing else, the better I analyse what I went through the better I might answer someone else.

But, I am a weird bird and I do understand :). I would never call myself a sceptic, but I hope I am a critical thinker.

Right, tallship, not longship. I think longship is Viking, but I'm not nautical.

Every summer Chicago has a big tallship festival at Navy Pier. This summer I'll saunter around there with a crowbar and help myself to hull sections for you pens. They'll never notice.

Who stole a chunk of our ship? Side eye the mummy

• Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Yup. 

I only know because occasionally there's a tallship that docks in Pensacola. 

But it's a recent build. And the crew are Christian missionaries. 

(Why do missionaries feel the need to spread the word in the US? In the South?)

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

I'm now picturing a loony tunes style segment where the flotilla goes to sail off.... and immediately sinks. Que Kmt walking away with a sack full of planks. "Ain't I a stinker?"

• Like 2

Too bad, a friend of a friend works a the Oslo museum.

I was going to get him to bust a chunk off for you.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Shadow needs the wood

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

No I am not an ET guy. That is why as this memory returned and released a lot of emotions and all of that is odd for me, I asked. I know what I saw, I know ET guys talk about lizard men and greys and stuff, so I wanted to know what was said about them to sort out why I am seeing this at all. If nothing else, the better I analyse what I went through the better I might answer someone else.

Yeahp, my apologies. My own half memory playing tricks on me. 

The way you described it. Forgetting it for several years, then suddenly recalling it. The way you encountered it, sounds a lot like types of waking dreams or sleep paralysis. 

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

But, I am a weird bird and I do understand :). I would never call myself a sceptic, but I hope I am a critical thinker.

I call ,my self a little s skeptic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I know exactly which ship you're talking about and I can only say... "OOoooh."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, we are all weird to some degree, and there's something good about that. I am a skeptic, and I don't believe in ETs, but at the same time I sure don't see any harm in asking.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

(Why do missionaries feel the need to spread the word in the US? In the South?)

Because y'all need saving?

I'm now picturing a loony tunes style segment where the flotilla goes to sail off.... and immediately sinks. Que Kmt walking away with a sack full of planks. "Ain't I a stinker?"

:whistle:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

A skeptic can't be fooled, but they can be convinced.

A skeptic certainly can be fooled. I've been fooled many times. And probably still am being fooled. The process lends itself to fixing that, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

I'm back went and grabbed the dragon

Funny, that's what I usually tell people when I come back from the bathroom.

Well, okay, not dragon. Gecko.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Well, we are all weird to some degree, and there's something good about that. I am a skeptic, and I don't believe in ETs, but at the same time I sure don't see any harm in asking.

I like having questions being asked. I'm not a fan much of the certain types who can't notice they've defeated their own claims in the time they've been trying to make the case for their favored woo. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShadowSot said:

I like having questions being asked. I'm not a fan much of the certain types who can't notice they've defeated their own claims in the time they've been trying to make the case for their favored woo. 

We see that all the time in Alt History, don't we? It's happening right now again, as a matter of fact.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

*ponders*

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Funny, that's what I usually tell people when I come back from the bathroom.

Well, okay, not dragon. Gecko.

Dragon hes refusing to do anything

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

A skeptic certainly can be fooled. I've been fooled many times. And probably still am being fooled. The process lends itself to fixing that, though.

As long as you're still skeptical you can't be fooled.

Give me evidence, real evidence and I can be convinced of anything .

I am off to bed. I shall crawl into my cocoon and slip into slumber. I need to be well rested for my mummy friends tomorrow. Night, all!

comfortable_cozy_and_640_35.jpg

• Like 3

• The topic was locked