Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

I don't think either of you are losers, nor are anyone I know on here.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Deep web. Spiderman and Mary Jane know exactly what that is.;)

well, they've been together for like 70 years. got to keep things fresh somehow

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Deep web. Spiderman and Mary Jane know exactly what that is.;)

I too remember when Seth McFarlane wrote Spiderman. 

• Like 1

Just now, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

Been split for about a decade now. According to Marvel's Editor in Chief marriage made the character old and unrelatable. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I don't think either of you are losers, nor are anyone I know on here.   

I'm a loser. 15 pounds and counting. I WILL meet my goal before my 40th birthday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

798.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, ShadowSot said:

Been split for about a decade now. According to Marvel's Editor in Chief marriage made the character old and unrelatable. 

i'm going to be honest, everything i know about spiderman comes from the song.

• Like 2

Just now, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

The Hee bee Jeebees one? Yeah, that was tight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

That's dumb. Good thing I'm not emotionally invested in the character.

Kinda hard to get emotionally invested anyways, considering there's a billion and one different versions of him. It's the same with every superhero essentially. There essentially is no character since it's constantly being rebooted with changes.

3 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

That's about all there is to know. The rest will change in the next reboot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm a loser. 15 pounds and counting. I WILL meet my goal before my 40th birthday.

That's the only kind of losing I will acknowledge.  ;) 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tcgram said:

I'm popping in and out today; working on cleaning out my van, doing laundry, got to go to the store.   And I'm a bit tired to be doing any of it but have the laundry started.  Hope everyone is having a more productive day than I am!   

I hope it's all going well, but you missed a prime opportunity. Had you let Likely Guy steal you van, he would've had to do the cleaning out. Then, when he was done, you could've stolen it back.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

There essentially is no character since it's constantly being rebooted with changes.

Eh, there's the core elements that get reinterpreted. But it's not much different than Doctor Who or James bond. Everyone has their favorite. 

Except lately Marvel has just decided to say screw it and throw out the parts people like and make everyone act like complete psychos. 

DC did that for a year or two then course corrected. 

Marvel made their flagship characters active psycho killers then blamed their falling sales on SJWs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm here, by the way. Let's dance!

gay_dance.gif

I'll be take points off your man card for this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

Eh, there's the core elements that get reinterpreted.

I guess I've stuck too closely to Japanese anime to really get into that sorta thing. :hmm: It's a different world over there.

With anime you simply have the original characters. There aren't any alternate renditions. Rather than rebooting with alternative versions of this and that, they just extend the series on forever and ever. That isn't without it's own problems, but you get what I mean. The original characters don't ever change.

4 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

But it's not much different than Doctor Who or James bond. Everyone has their favorite.

Lol, two other series I don't care for either.

Partly for the same reasons.

5 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Except lately Marvel has just decided to say screw it and throw out the parts people like and make everyone act like complete psychos. 

DC did that for a year or two then course corrected. 

Really now? I don't keep up with any American comics so I wouldn't know.

I really only know all that I do about super heroes because my dad was super into them. They were never my thing.

I really only care for the MCU, and a few other blockbusters, but beyond that I don't really care.

7 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Marvel made their flagship characters active psycho killers then blamed their falling sales on SJWs. 

I have heard however the controversies over SJWs entering the comic book world and hitting it big time. :huh:

It's a real shame. I blame a lot of the problems of the new Star Wars on SJWs infecting the series as well.

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Reminds me of a while back when a couple of kids I think came out with photos of the body of bigfoot in a freezer, and it made national headlines as legit (for all of about 2 hours or so) before being proven to be a bigfoot suit covered in ice. :lol:

Boy, the bigfoot fanatics went wild over that one.

I kind of remember that, and if I remember correctly, some doofus paid big, big money for it.

I weep for humanity.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I kind of remember that, and if I remember correctly, some doofus paid big, big money for it.

I weep for humanity.

I think we had a thread on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

For when Mr. Mummy arrives and inevitably asks:

What's the web?

• Like 1

Wonder if you guys could help me out here. Anybody know the name of the artist here of this song?

Someone made a fan-made anime music video but didn't give the name of the artist. Just curious.

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

With anime you simply have the original characters. There aren't any alternate renditions. Rather than rebooting with alternative versions of this and that, they just extend the series on forever and ever.

Eh, AU exists there too, just don't have so much impact. 

Blame the comics code authority. Now that it's repealed some of the smaller print stuff is able to get more of the market. 

9 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I really only care for the MCU, and a few other blockbusters, but beyond that I don't really care

I dunno if I care so much, as I get them for free and it's a way to kill time on a Wednesday. 

And the MCU is a good example of how to reboot a character but keep the core elements. 

11 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

have heard however the controversies over SJWs entering the comic book world and hitting it big time.

Yeah, that's the claim made. But flat sales show that the ones that show any sort of SJW influence sell well (Thor, Spiderman Miles Morales). While the Flagship comics like Spiderman or Captain America sell badly. Because they're just written poorly or have plots no one cares about or actively dislikes. 

(Spiderman but actually Doc  Ock, Captain America is secretly a member of Hydra and killing off Avengers) 

And these storyline play out for years now. People get tired of it. 

Then there's the business model Marvel has had for the last decade and change, where they relaunch with new numbering despite nothing actually changing on the books. And tie it into massive convulated cross overs. No one wants to read them, no one is really buying them. 

And as bad as the DC films are, they still release collected works the films are based on for sale. Marvel... Just does some weird collection thing tat doesn't really move. 

And Marvel has been making promises with comic book stores that they then renegade on and ignore. 

Those have a lot to do with their drops in sales. And I say that as a long term Marvel Zombie. It's already a bit inside baseball, but their sales have a lot more to do with crappy business practices and pushing out their writers and artists than SJW influence. 

As for Star Wars, theres other troubles. Too much humor. To much angst. Expectations versus the direction they went with. Plus Star Wars was never really that good in the first place. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Wonder if you guys could help me out here. Anybody know the name of the artist here of this song?

Someone made a fan-made anime music video but didn't give the name of the artist. Just curious.

According to the description on the video it's Hed Pe - Renegade

• Like 1

I'm craving sushi, not the raw stuff but the cooked stuff with veggies.  

19024908_10156355967174966_875614305440496444_o.thumb.jpg.455346c19655800d1b92d82ea9c42d3e.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I'm craving sushi, not the raw stuff but the cooked stuff with veggies.  

19024908_10156355967174966_875614305440496444_o.thumb.jpg.455346c19655800d1b92d82ea9c42d3e.jpg

That looks so good 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

That looks so good 

On the left is fried sweet potato, on the right is cooked salmon, kani, cream cheese and dipped in tempura batter.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked