Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

Made it back from the hospital, they admitted my hubby overnight for observation.  His abdominal hernia has flipped, causing a bowel obstruction.  They put an NG tube in the hopes that it will drain his stomach and therefore, his hernia will flip back over.   If not, he will be having surgery soon.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

Made it back from the hospital, they admitted my hubby overnight for observation.  His abdominal hernia has flipped, causing a bowel obstruction.  They put an NG tube in the hopes that it will drain his stomach and therefore, his hernia will flip back over.   If not, he will be having surgery soon.  

Hopefully it'll all resolve itself pretty soon. *hugs*

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tcgram said:

OUCH hope he feels better soon :(

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tcgram said:

agh, that's rough, i'm sorry. hoping for the best

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Glad you're home but sorry your hubby has to spend the night. I really hope the hernia flips back over.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone.  :)  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

...Where is everybody?... :cry:

fe5.gif

I'm here now. I needed to have some dinner.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

6jekebh.png

Looks like someone offered the ghost candy

• Like 1

I'm heading to bed, going to take tomorrow off work and go up to the hospital.   Have a good night/day!   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I'm heading to bed, going to take tomorrow off work and go up to the hospital.   Have a good night/day!   

Goodnight see you tomorrow :)

5 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Goodnight everyone... :sleepy: 

Goodnight see you tomorrow :) 

14 minutes ago, tcgram said:

You too, TC. Get a good night's sleep and have a good day tomorrow, as much as possible. I hope hubby will be feeling better by then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Goodnight everyone... :sleepy: 

Goodnight, Aquila. See you tomorrow.

• Like 1

@kmt_sesh Pretty sure you'd already know about this, but saw it earlier and thought it was worth sharing

18 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

@kmt_sesh Pretty sure you'd already know about this, but saw it earlier and thought it was worth sharing

I'm very familiar with Unknown Man E but hadn't seen this video, so I watched it. I thought it was well done—and for some reason a video with a British narrator always sounds better. He was found in a famous tomb designated TT320 (or DB320) in the late 1800s. They now suspect he was a prince named Pentaweret, son of Ramesses III, the last great pharaoh.

It's an interesting story. Pentaweret's mom, Tiye, was a secondary queen who nonetheless wanted her son to be the next king, although he had not been chosen as the crown prince by Ramesses III. The mom orchestrated an elaborate conspiracy that today is called the Harem Conspiracy. No one was ever certain if they succeeded in killing this king, but recently they CT scanned his body and the imaging showed Ramesses III had his throat slit ear to ear, to the extent that his cervical vertebra were damaged. So, yes, they killed him. I've seen the CT scans and they're pretty gruesome. I've also seen Unknown Man E's CT scans, which are not as interesting as Ramesses III's.

Sorry, I drone on too much. I love this stuff. As I recall, I once started a thread on Ramesses III's CT scans.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm very familiar with Unknown Man E but hadn't seen this video, so I watched it. I thought it was well done—and for some reason a video with a British narrator always sounds better. He was found in a famous tomb designated TT320 (or DB320) in the late 1800s. They now suspect he was a prince named Pentaweret, son of Ramesses III, the last great pharaoh.

It's an interesting story. Pentaweret's mom, Tiye, was a secondary queen who nonetheless wanted her son to be the next king, although he had not been chosen as the crown prince by Ramesses III. The mom orchestrated an elaborate conspiracy that today is called the Harem Conspiracy. No one was ever certain if they succeeded in killing this king, but recently they CT scanned his body and the imaging showed Ramesses III had his throat slit ear to ear, to the extent that his cervical vertebra were damaged. So, yes, they killed him. I've seen the CT scans and they're pretty gruesome. I've also seen Unknown Man E's CT scans, which are not as interesting as Ramesses III's.

Sorry, I drone on too much. I love this stuff. As I recall, I once started a thread on Ramesses III's CT scans.

That's really interesting.

So the mom wanted her son to be king and helped kill her husband?

Sounds common in history.

2 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

That's really interesting.

So the mom wanted her son to be king and helped kill her husband?

Sounds common in history.

Yes, it reminds me of the people who say if they lived in ancient times, they'd want to be a king or queen. Not me, thank you. I'd rather be a scribe. That way I knew all the juicy gossip and state secrets, and no one even cared I was there.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked