Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

6 minutes ago, tcgram said:

We did find out that a problem client is supposedly moving out of the state.   I hope, I hope, I hope it's true.   

I see an impending office party! You'll be the one dancing on the desk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I see an impending office party! You'll be the one dancing on the desk.

If she does move, I will be the first one on the desk!!   She has been a pain for the past 10 years.   We have had to call state WIC many times as she misuses the program, then calls constantly to complain.  

heya o/  just posted a new blog entry. 

How are y'all?

• Like 1

Average day here too. Watered the plants, ate food, worked, pet the dog, watched TV etc. Regular human day I suppose.

How are the mummies doing? I hear they come to life when nobody is looking like in Toy Story and they dance to Walk Like An Egyptian.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tcgram said:

If she does move, I will be the first one on the desk!!   She has been a pain for the past 10 years.   We have had to call state WIC many times as she misuses the program, then calls constantly to complain.  

I have my own system with difficult clients. When I recognize them on caller ID, I answer the phone and say "Dominos Pizza. We deliver in 30 minutes or less."

Just kidding. I don't even like answering the phone.

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

I have my own system with difficult clients. When I recognize them on caller ID, I answer the phone and say "Dominos Pizza. We deliver in 30 minutes or less."

Unfortunately, a lot of time she just shows up unannounced.   She will ask for anything she sees and will take anything that is not glued or strapped down.  We have to keep an eye on her.  

• Sad 1

Hi, Rockstar. Greetings, internet person. As it happens, I took off my bandages and am dacning right now.

Keep that hose away from me. Mummies don't like water.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

don't lie to us. You know you do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm tired tonght. I need stimulation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm tired tonght. I need stimulation.

tried calling you but got Dominos so....

I clear the chat if I suggest a topic so not gonna do it seriously again :)

how do you like your pizzas? that seems safe enough to suggest.

I am generally an extravaganza type, hold the green peppers

• Like 2

Or if you don't like disco, there's always Gwen Stefani and No Doubt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

tried calling you but got Dominos so....

I clear the chat if I suggest a topic so not gonna do it seriously again :)

how do you like your pizzas? that seems safe enough to suggest.

I am generally an extravaganza type, hold the green peppers

I'm a boring guy, so pepperoni is fine. But feel free to add some black olives and mushrooms.

Don't worry about starting a conversation. You did nothing wrong last night. This is the famous DA thread: derail however you wish!

• Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

I'm a boring guy, so pepperoni is fine. But feel free to add some black olives and mushrooms.

Don't worry about starting a conversation. You did nothing wrong last night. This is the famous DA thread: derail however you wish!

Correct.   Ask away!!   

I'm weird I guess. My recent musings mentally have been :

how far did the pre-Goblecki Tepi folks spread and influence the region and did any end up down in pre-Egypt even... I mean take their technology with stone and add a couple thousand years. They must have rocked it (pun intended).

I really am sincere about wondering who built that 10k years ago and what became of them. Not all necessarily settled there locally. That was 500 years later anyway, it technically could have been anyone who settled there. It would seem they buried many over a time there, or else there was a huge battle and they built a large memorial to commemorate that before they were gone. 

just saying .... yeah black olives and mushrooms are good things. We always put lots of black olives in our enchiladas here, had some tonight in fact, with way too much cheese. Good stuff.

Yall have gotta stop talking about pizza I'm getting hungry. 

Here's a random thought/change of subject: I think starting next week I'm going to really start getting better sleep. I have sleep issues now but it's due to bad habits like staying out late or staying up late binge watching netflix. I need to just start reading and X and go to bed at Y.

• Like 1

It's that time of night once again, I'm heading to bed.  Gotta be up in the morning to go to work!   Have a good night/day!   

• Like 1

See? I mention a topic and the room clears :( 

I am grabbing a few pieces of the pizza and heading out. 

Love you guys and gals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I am grabbing a few pieces of the pizza and heading out. 

Grab me a slice please.

You need KMT for your answer but mine would be that there's not much of a chance for there to be any connection to Egypt. 10k years 'Egypt' didn't exist, it was more like separate groups of folks around the nile. I know there was trading with the levant but not sure how far north or when it really began. I tried to 'phone a friend' for your answer but every time I call I keep getting dominoes for some reason. 

I've only read 1 book on Egypt but damn was it interesting. The only downside is it reduces the mystery factor. 

Edited by internetperson
  • Like 1

my reason for not being here is i worked 14 hours today!

i will fall asleep on my pizza. goodnight

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, internetperson said:

Grab me a slice please.

You need KMT for your answer but mine would be that there's not much of a chance for there to be any connection to Egypt. 10k years 'Egypt' didn't exist, it was more like separate groups of folks around the nile. I know there was trading with the levant but not sure how far north or when it really began. I tried to 'phone a friend' for your answer but every time I call I keep getting dominoes for some reason. 

I've only read 1 book on Egypt but damn was it interesting. The only downside is it reduces the mystery factor. 

I am no expert just they were said to be nomadic, so what if they roamed down there too and there was a lot of technology exchange? GT is amazing for the times and it would make sense to me if one group was that good with stone it is easily believable that with populations moving about and more time that who became Egyptians had plenty of cross pollination of thought and trading to have the skills always credited to ET by fringe thinkers. 

Not trying to make some new conspiracy thing, just imagining the times then and that it is a LOT of time. Look how far we have come in 2k years. The artifacts in stonework we see and the later achievements left for us to find and see are stunning and I think the knowledge was there, we just do not see much of this group who made GT because they were so nomadic, yet they plainly were very advanced anyway in some skills and thoughts.

12 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

my reason for not being here is i worked 14 hours today!

i will fall asleep on my pizza. goodnight

this will be me soon enough. A company I am affiliated with is opening a new store soon and so I will probably go from zero to 60-80 hours a week soon enough for a while :( 

nite Peppermint Girl :)

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I'm weird I guess. My recent musings mentally have been :

how far did the pre-Goblecki Tepi folks spread and influence the region and did any end up down in pre-Egypt even... I mean take their technology with stone and add a couple thousand years. They must have rocked it (pun intended).

I really am sincere about wondering who built that 10k years ago and what became of them. Not all necessarily settled there locally. That was 500 years later anyway, it technically could have been anyone who settled there. It would seem they buried many over a time there, or else there was a huge battle and they built a large memorial to commemorate that before they were gone. 

just saying .... yeah black olives and mushrooms are good things. We always put lots of black olives in our enchiladas here, had some tonight in fact, with way too much cheese. Good stuff.

I wonder the same kind of things, if more conventionally. I honestly don't see any connection whatsoever between GT and Egypt, but I'm only one of many who thinks about who the GT people were. We'll probably never know, unless they can finally find burials with viable genetic material. As for where they went, I doubt they went far. GT seems to have been abandoned about the time agriculture took hold, so I'm willing to bet the GT people stayed in the region and farmed.

And now I want enchiladas. With black olives.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked