Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

10 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I am no expert just they were said to be nomadic, so what if they roamed down there too and there was a lot of technology exchange? GT is amazing for the times and it would make sense to me if one group was that good with stone it is easily believable that with populations moving about and more time that who became Egyptians had plenty of cross pollination of thought and trading to have the skills always credited to ET by fringe thinkers. 

Not trying to make some new conspiracy thing, just imagining the times then and that it is a LOT of time. Look how far we have come in 2k years. The artifacts in stonework we see and the later achievements left for us to find and see are stunning and I think the knowledge was there, we just do not see much of this group who made GT because they were so nomadic, yet they plainly were very advanced anyway in some skills and thoughts.

I'll admit I know virtually nothing of GT other than the basics and that it is indeed very very fascinating. 

The Egyptians had a progression of working with stone similar to modern progression with technology. IIRC it started with tombs. Again IIRC some tombs collapsed in on themselves, they had to keep fixing them, then they figured how to make them stronger. Also there're lots of pyramids (pre giza) other than the pyramids of Giza. Sneferu or whatever his name is built tons of them and one was going to be bigger than the largest one in Giza. 

EDIT: Come to think of it, this was far after 10k bc so this doesn't address your theory so nevermind.

Edited by internetperson

17 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

my reason for not being here is i worked 14 hours today!

i will fall asleep on my pizza. goodnight

Make sure you check for facial pepperonis when you wake up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Do you suppose they moved there and settled in from another, perhaps larger culture we have not identified yet? 

3 minutes ago, internetperson said:

I'll admit I know virtually nothing of GT other than the basics and that it is indeed very very fascinating. 

The Egyptians had a progression of working with stone similar to modern progression with technology. IIRC it started with tombs. Again IIRC some tombs collapsed in on themselves, they had to keep fixing them, then they figured how to make them stronger. Also there're lots of pyramids (pre giza) other than the pyramids of Giza. Sneferu or whatever his name is built tons of them and one was going to be bigger than the largest one in Giza. 

Yes, I have seen Saqqara and it was impressive as old as it is, though plainly not yet perfect. I also got to see Giza and some other spots but nothing as much as I wanted to. Was there on military business so time was hard to come by to tourist it. Was blessed to see as much as I did though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Do you suppose they moved there and settled in from another, perhaps larger culture we have not identified yet? 

Who? GT or Egypt? We don't know enough about the GT population to say at present. The Prehistoric Egyptians came from north Africa and the Levant.

• Like 1

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

Yes, I have seen Saqqara and it was impressive as old as it is, though plainly not yet perfect. I also got to see Giza and some other spots but nothing as much as I wanted to. Was there on military business so time was hard to come by to tourist it. Was blessed to see as much as I did though.

Saqqara would be my first stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Pretty average day for me, as far as crazy goes. So the status quo is maintained and I'm as nuts as usual. Now, let's see who's around

Where are @Ruby04 @ShadowSot @Aquila King @seaturtlehorsesnake @Not A Rockstar @internetperson @newbloodmoon @ChaosRose ...and anyone I might have missed?

@tcgram is present and accounted for, but who knows what mischief that @kmt_sesh is getting into.

Hey! I'm working here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Who? GT or Egypt? We don't know enough about the GT population to say at present. The Prehistoric Egyptians came from north Africa and the Levant.

GT. I am convinced there were cultures further back than we yet know about so GT fascinates me is all. I guess I just mean if they could know that, so could other sultures and they were close enough for a bit of cross over or an escaped slave who had been taught to end up elsewhere, etc. Things we will never know about, as it was as vivid and varied as we are today as lives go.

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Saqqara would be my first stop.

Valley of Kings Karnak Temple for me.

Edited by internetperson
  • Like 1

@internetperson  which part of Florida are you at? I was born in Orlando and just moved my Mom from the Panhandle when dad died this past Winter.

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

GT. I am convinced there were cultures further back than we yet know about so GT fascinates me is all. I guess I just mean if they could know that, so could other sultures and they were close enough for a bit of cross over or an escaped slave who had been taught to end up elsewhere, etc. Things we will never know about, as it was as vivid and varied as we are today as lives go.

If GT and similar Anatolian sites have taught us one thing, it's to keep digging. You never know what might be there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Hey! I'm working here. 

Well, stop it. What are you thinking!

• Like 2

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

@internetperson  which part of Florida are you at? I was born in Orlando and just moved my Mom from the Panhandle when dad died this past Winter.

Weird you asked me this I was about to ask you bout LA, I went there years ago with friends. They have family in the country. Was so much fun, got to shoot guns and had a low boil which is amazing. 

To answer your question I'm in Jacksonville. 

man we got to the Valley of the Kings by the worst cab ride hell could devise and I was so over heated I ended up back in the cab about passing out while the other three with me went in and looked around some but came back soon so could get back to the hotel on time. One of the saddest moments of my life to be in that hellish cab in Egypt and unable to do more than just relax and ignore the cabbie who kept peeking in at me as if I was gonna steal his seat or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, internetperson said:

Weird you asked me this I was about to ask you bout LA, I went there years ago with friends. They have family in the country. Was so much fun, got to shoot guns and had a low boil which is amazing. 

To answer your question I'm in Jacksonville. 

I am north of Alexandria and south of Monroe. Town name wouldn't help :).

Been all over St Augustine but not Jville so much.

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Pretty average day for me, as far as crazy goes. So the status quo is maintained and I'm as nuts as usual. Now, let's see who's around

Where are @Ruby04 @ShadowSot @Aquila King @seaturtlehorsesnake @Not A Rockstar @internetperson @newbloodmoon @ChaosRose ...and anyone I might have missed?

@tcgram is present and accounted for, but who knows what mischief that @kmt_sesh is getting into.

This is right up there as one of my top 5 favorite posts on this site thus far.

It's like the class clown got the chance to speak through the school's intercom.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Been all over St Augustine but not Jville so much.

Not a lot of reasons to come to Jax unless you want to lose to yours truly in pool (hyuck hyuck) but every American should go to St Augustine at least once. 

• Like 1

I'm jumping in here reading all your posts in the middle of the conversation and have no effing clue what the @#$% anyone is talking about here. :w00t:

7 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

This is right up there as one of my top 5 favorite posts on this site thus far.

It's like the class clown got the chance to speak through the school's intercom.

Greetings, and I'm gld you liked that post. Took long enough to call out all those names like that. :lol:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Well, stop it. What are you thinking!

I'm thinking I need like, three money. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, internetperson said:

Not a lot of reasons to come to Jax unless you want to lose to yours truly in pool (hyuck hyuck) but every American should go to St Augustine at least once. 

St Augustine was awesome but a bit crowded. I liked Old Town tremendously but the city encroaches so very much it struggles to retain the feeling it still has imo. The storms also wiped out some good things. There was a fish joint built over the water you could look down and see the fish under you while you ate that is gone now entirely. 

Ah well, life goes on :).

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Greetings, and I'm gld you liked that post. Took long enough to call out all those names like that. :lol:

Got us all sprinting here like:

zoidberg-28.gif

"woopoopooopoooopoop"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

now you know how to get a roll call going lol.

• The topic was locked