Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

38 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Try at the very least to get some soup down. And you must see a doctor, especially if this has been going on for a few days. They really need to get to the bottom of what's going on. Push them to help you more than they already are.

Wayyyyyyyy ahead of ya :) 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tcgram said:

Got the running done for now.  Took about 3 hours altogether.  Taking a short break before I do more laundry, vacuum the carpets, clean the bathroom and the litter boxes.  

I'm going to dissect you one day and figure out how you work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I'm going to dissect you one day and figure out how you work.

It's simple....I don't like to sit still unless I'm exhausted or sick.    LOL     I bid you all a good night/day, off to bed for me as I have early meetings all week at work.  :) 

• Like 3

TC, Thought I’d so too. Here I present swarthy Yul Brynner posing in film noir lol

23EDC059-429F-4007-B2C7-F27C2BBAD99A.jpeg

• Like 2

Here is original for contrast. I seem so serious in all my pics now, even selfies. Guess being ill will do that 

edited - accidentally had too close up a photo originally lol

B63BFCB4-F241-4F94-AD38-87206BAC47FB.jpeg

Edited by AMP1974
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tcgram said:

It's simple....I don't like to sit still unless I'm exhausted or sick.    LOL     I bid you all a good night/day, off to bed for me as I have early meetings all week at work.  :) 

You do a more meaningful job.

Edit: That said, you're irrepressible.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Sleep well, TC, and have some good meetings tomorrow. At least you'll get to sit still while you're sleeping. Goodnight!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

You do a more meaningful job than most.

Don't sell yourself short. You camels are hard workers.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Don't sell yourself short. You camels are hard workers.

*Head bump*

I love this thread.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Currently doing laundry. My youngest was kind enough to put away food from shopping, clean kitchen and take trash out and to curb since i spent the evening in the hospital with friend. I had to make a pit stop on the way home for my winning lotto ticket and the all important toilet paper. Boy i feel sorry for the person who found out the hard way that we were out.. even the waddle to the closet would have offered no help.. hahahaha

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

Currently doing laundry. My youngest was kind enough to put away food from shopping, clean kitchen and take trash out and to curb since i spent the evening in the hospital with friend. I had to make a pit stop on the way home for my winning lotto ticket and the all important toilet paper. Boy i feel sorry for the person who found out the hard way that we were out.. even the waddle to the closet would have offered no help.. hahahaha

Toilet paper is everything. I've been wondering how your friend is doing in the hospital.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Toilet paper is everything. I've been wondering how your friend is doing in the hospital.

Doing much better. He had the abcess drained today and is still on the IV antibiotics. Hopefully the drainage tube will be removed tomorrow. Likely he will have a Wednesday discharge date, but will have to return in a month to get a foot of his colon removed. I treated him to McDonald's coffee and sausage biscuits this afternoon as he had not eaten since Saturday at 6pm, I made a run to Walmart, which is right across the street and got him a miniature pecan pie and a miniature salted caramel cake. One of the basement dwellers said he is going to cook pepper steak and rice tomorrow. Sounds great to me but i think that rice may be on the no eat list for someone with diveriticulitis

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

Doing much better. He had the abcess drained today and is still on the IV antibiotics. Hopefully the drainage tube will be removed tomorrow. Likely he will have a Wednesday discharge date, but will have to return in a month to get a foot of his colon removed. I treated him to McDonald's coffee and sausage biscuits this afternoon as he had not eaten since Saturday at 6pm, I made a run to Walmart, which is right across the street and got him a miniature pecan pie and a miniature salted caramel cake. One of the basement dwellers said he is going to cook pepper steak and rice tomorrow. Sounds great to me but i think that rice may be on the no eat list for someone with diveriticulitis

Your friend is lucky to have you. I'm glad he's improving and hope he'll continue to do so. I know how important diet is with diverticulitis.I wish him the best. And next time I'm in the hospital, feel free to stop by with food!

AMP, hope you're feeling better. At this time I will bid you all a good night/day, and hope to see you all tomorrow. Goodnight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Your friend is lucky to have you. I'm glad he's improving and hope he'll continue to do so. I know how important diet is with diverticulitis.I wish him the best. And next time I'm in the hospital, feel free to stop by with food!

AMP, hope you're feeling better. At this time I will bid you all a good night/day, and hope to see you all tomorrow. Goodnight!

Thank you.

If i were within a few hours drive  would be there in a heartbeat with picnic baskets filled with all kinds of goodies.

Sleep well.  I shall be following suit once i get the laundry into the dryer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Overdueleaf said:

I had to make a pit stop on the way home for my winning lotto ticket and the all important toilet paper. Boy i feel sorry for the person who found out the hard way that we were out.. even the waddle to the closet would have offered no help.. hahahaha

This part reminded me Vans ex roommate/housemate must be low or out of it now lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

This part reminded me Vans ex roommate/housemate must be low or out of it now lol 

Reminded me of the same thing! I'm so glad you two are out of there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Oh, definitely yes!

An 80 degree day is unlikely over the next few months and since Chicago winters can get brutal, I've decided to get you a cute little something to keep your head and ears warm. Consider it an early Christmas present.

oVjJAii.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Reminded me of the same thing! I'm so glad you two are out of there.

I’m happy I’m back home (dad’s) and Vans here with me. Also thankful I never moved in to that house. 

Im still laughing on n off at him saying I was taking his milk, 1 I only drank flavoured milk I brought, 2 I normally don’t drink much milk (Reflux) but when I did have plain milk it was at home the milk dad brought. 3 when I did use his milk it was because Van asked me to please get him glass of milk (middle of game or coughing fit needing fluids etc) which his rent was meant to cover. 

TMI but we’ve been here 4 nights tonight and gone through 1.5 full rolls and 1 part roll. That’s with me peeing a lot, they’re slightly bigger rolls but that’s 3 people one who has bladder of 2 lol. Plus there’s no pile of it in the bowl un flushed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

@Likely Guy

How have you been doing since the ladder incident? Are you fully recovered?

Totally recovered, it took about six weeks. :)

• Like 4

So our lake house is being evacuated due to flooding :(

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

TMI but we’ve been here 4 nights tonight and gone through 1.5 full rolls and 1 part roll. That’s with me peeing a lot, they’re slightly bigger rolls but that’s 3 people one who has bladder of 2 lol. Plus there’s no pile of it in the bowl un flushed. 

Okay that's it. New rule. If ever I move in with someone or get married or whatever, we're going to have separate bathrooms. The pile of toilet paper sitting unflushed in the toilet bowl you mentioned was like the worst possible visual ever. I'm sorry you had to experience it first hand.

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked