Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread II

kmt_sesh

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Heh.;) No.

Damn 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Had a decent show rate of clients at work both yesterday and today.   Also have had some interesting people; yesterday had a 14 yr old who is going to be a mom at 15.  She said she didn't think she could get pregnant.   The pregnancy really hasn't  sunk in yet.   I feel bad for her as she really doesn't understand the responsibility that she is undertaking.  Then I had another want to know why we were shorting her foods.  I noticed that she did not load the card when she was supposed to and therefore, did not have food for this month.  People can be silly at times.   :rolleyes:

But it's somehow your guys' fault, right? And the younh mom distrubs me—kids having kids. Is there anyone who could counsel her to give the baby up for adoption?

5 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Damn 

If you want to go out behind town, you will find more than 20 feet of snow though,

That's why we invented snowmobiles.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Seriously. It's yet to snow at all here this year. :huh:

We've gotten some snow but it never lasts. Fine by me. I hate snow. Loathe it! I keep sending all our snow to TC.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

But it's somehow your guys' fault, right? And the younh mom distrubs me—kids having kids. Is there anyone who could counsel her to give the baby up for adoption?

Vans mom was 15 when she had him BUT she was on birth control she’s one of the 0.01% that birth control failed for. 

Sometimes things happen while not ideal they happen. 

The lack of proper sex education in America doesn’t help thou 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

The girl's sex ed teacher back when I was in high school was a hardline abstinence only sex ed coach... Then she got knocked up out of wedlock and everyone made fun of her for it. :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

The girl's sex ed teacher back when I was in high school was a hardline abstinence only sex ed coach... Then she got knocked up out of wedlock and everyone made fun of her for it. :lol:

You told me bout that before, no shock 

• Like 2

Just now, Ruby04 said:

Vans mom was 15 when she had him BUT she was on birth control she’s one of the 0.01% that birth control failed for. 

Sometimes things happen while not ideal they happen. 

That sex education thing is a huge problem. I mean, a 14 year old thinking she can't get pregnant. And many parents feel offended by sex ed, thinking it should be their job—except they do next do nothing.

Reminds me of my mom and I watching an episode of Oprah when I was home from college one day. She asked me what my dad and told me about sex, and I told her he'd never had "that" talk with me. My mom thought my dad would take care of it, and he thought she'd take care of it. Consequently, I never got the talk.

No wonder I'm so screwed up. Where do babies come from?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

You told me bout that before, no shock 

Lol, I forget who I tell what to sometimes. Sorry bout that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Where do babies come from?

Cabbage patches. :yes:

Edit: Though my dad told me that I was found on a stump, by a crow.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I don't think we have the right to say so unless they ask for advice like that but I did contact a local agency who will discuss options with her.  

• Like 1

That sex education thing is a huge problem. I mean, a 14 year old thinking she can't get pregnant. And many parents feel offended by sex ed, thinking it should be their job—except they do next do nothing.

Reminds me of my mom and I watching an episode of Oprah when I was home from college one day. She asked me what my dad and told me about sex, and I told her he'd never had "that" talk with me. My mom thought my dad would take care of it, and he thought she'd take care of it. Consequently, I never got the talk.

I never really had 'the talk', but I never really needed it since I basically knew the mechanics from a very young age... 

Anyway, it's my contention that the more informed kids are about it the less they feel the need to explore. Seems counterintuitive to some, but tends to ring true.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I told both of my kids at a young age.  I wanted them to be prepared.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I never really had 'the talk', but I never really needed it since I basically knew the mechanics from a very young age... 

Anyway, it's my contention that the more informed kids are about it the less they feel the need to explore. Seems counterintuitive to some, but tends to ring true.

I agree. :tu:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Cabbage patches. :yes:

Edit: Though my dad told me that I was found on a stump, by a crow.

Maybe the crow's your real parent and your dad absconded with you! :yes:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

I agree. :tu:

I've told my kids that I would prefer they wait until they are in a stable relationship and are able to handle the consequences should someone become pregnant.  

• Like 2

Maybe the crow's your real parent and your dad absconded with you! :yes:

:unsure:

I'm outta here for the evening, got to get some beauty rest.   Last one out, turn off the light and put the bacon away if @AMP1974hasn't eaten it all.   LOL   Good night/day!!  :)   

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I'm outta here for the evening, got to get some beauty rest.   Last one out, turn off the light and put the bacon away if @AMP1974hasn't eaten it all.   LOL   Good night/day!!  :)   

Don't worry, I wrapped up the bacon and hid it well. @AMP1974 will never find it. Sleep well and hope to see yuo tomorrow!

• Sad 1

• The topic was locked