Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help identifying a song/melody

EllJay

I wonder if someone can help me identifying this music piece.

I have this short audio clip that you can listen to here. (just push the play button) >> https://clyp.it/yfe2auxy

I have heard this one lots of times before, but have forgotten who composed it, so any help would be appreciated. :)

That's Wagner's 29th Symphony in k-minor augmented to a sharp accidental, recorded in a tunnel while in great XTC writing a letter of appreciation for being alive entitled, "Dear God."

18 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's Wagner's 29th Symphony in k-minor augmented to a sharp accidental, recorded in a tunnel while in great XTC writing a letter of appreciation for being alive entitled, "Dear God."

Hmm, yeah well, that's not it...

While I can't help, I know it, and it's a lovely piece...  I'll be surprised if a classical enthusiast won't pop along soon and say "Ahah!! Thats...  "

It could also be a movie theme, but I'm leaning towards a classical piece.  Very familiar, but ..I just aren't very good at rememberising all them complicated names!

• Like 1

It's Smetana: Vltava (The Moldau) - it's the main theme ... so wait for the introduction to finish.  The main theme begins about the 43 second mark.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

While I can't help, I know it, and it's a lovely piece...  I'll be surprised if a classical enthusiast won't pop along soon and say "Ahah!! Thats...  "

It could also be a movie theme, but I'm leaning towards a classical piece.  Very familiar, but ..I just aren't very good at rememberising all them complicated names!

Yeah, it's a beautiful melody. Thankfully Kenemet knew this one.

7 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

It's Smetana: Vltava (The Moldau) - it's the main theme ... so wait for the introduction to finish.  The main theme begins about the 43 second mark.

Thanks mate, that's the one. Gonna bookmark it now, so I wont forget it again. :)

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

Wrong!

The letter was entitled... "Lieber Gott."

Is it the one they played in that ad where the kid was pushing a bike up a hill in a fake Yorkshire ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Is it the one they played in that ad where the kid was pushing a bike up a hill in a fake Yorkshire ?

No. That was Dvorak's New World Symphony in the Hovis ad.

4 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I like the feller with the triangle at around 2:23. Is that the only thing he has to do or does he have something else, do you reckon?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I like the feller with the triangle at around 2:23. Is that the only thing he has to do or does he have something else, do you reckon?

That's his full-time job. Obviously, he dings the thing for multiple orchestras to pay the bills.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

He's a multi-talented percussionist.  Dings upon command and does several other odd things.

• Like 3