Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

mini movies when eyes are closed

mleybick

Hi guys,  I am not psychic in anyway. However, when I nap during the afternoon, while still awake I often see a brief 5 to 20 second movie. I actually watch it plain as day, but I have to keep my eyes closed and my mind relaxed. I have recorded up to 40 or so in my journal.  I have watched football games, scrolling on facebook, astronauts, people in white lab coats performing lab work, and even gatherings of people. I don't know why this happens, but I enjoy these little movies. I do not see any great messages, but I suspect I am picking up some kind of signal or frequency. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mleybick said:

but I suspect I am picking up some kind of signal or frequency. 

Who knows where dream content originates. I certainly believe the thoughts of others can be picked up. In fact I believe it has been statistically shown in controlled experiments.

Are the movies like watching as someone else or as a third person?

Interesting. Has this been happening long? Have you been able to link what you see with anything in the news AFTER the film you see? I get flashes sometimes, then, sometimes enough I jerk to block as if something is coming at me, but this is related to a different matter. Not something that lasts over 5 seconds. Trying hard to think, but, no, 5 seconds is about the top length of my occasional little scenes or sensing something coming to hit me. Mine are scenes not movies as you describe.

• Like 1

I think this is a pretty common phenomenon and have experienced similar myself.   The mind never stops working, even when we're sleeping.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 0:45 PM, mleybick said:

I do not see any great messages, but I suspect I am picking up some kind of signal or frequency. 

I came across this thread while searching for an explanation to what I have been experiencing.  Recently, when relaxing on my bed with my eyes closed, I see a small square resembling a television screen with video playing.  The picture is monochrome and without sound but full motion is taking place.  This is not a dream as I can hear all the sounds in the room and outside while the video is playing.  I can even open my eyes then close them again and the video is still playing.  It is the weirdest thing I have ever experienced.  It is as if I was watching a cartoon on television at a distance.  If I move my eyes, the image moves with my eyes.  Very strange.

• Like 1

I can see 'little movies' if I close my eyes in a very bright room.  Our sun room on a sunny day is a prime location.  My images  are moving ones and viewed from a height, like a birds eye view, and they are normally in a sepia tint!  I have watched people working in a huge warehouse and in a department store.  No idea where these images originate from.  Not memories for sure as I don’t make a habit of hovering above warehouse or department store floors.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting your experiences Susanc241.  It makes me feel less weird about what happens to me.  I'm jealous you can see your mini movies so clearly.  Mine are at a distance and hard to make out.  mleybick  mentioned keeping a journal of the occurrences.  I may give that a try.  Hope someone can come up with a scientific explanation for the phenomenon.  

• Like 1

I once mentioned this to my optician and he looked at me as if I was mad, before saying he had never heard of it before.  Suspect it is not a function of the eye itself or an after image but originates in the brain.    I will say my warehouse and department store views are in miniature, like looking down on a model village or model railway, but I can make out the people and their movements.

On 01/03/2018 at 9:22 AM, Susanc241 said:

I can see 'little movies' if I close my eyes in a very bright room.  Our sun room on a sunny day is a prime location.  My images  are moving ones and viewed from a height, like a birds eye view, and they are normally in a sepia tint!  I have watched people working in a huge warehouse and in a department store.  No idea where these images originate from.  Not memories for sure as I don’t make a habit of hovering above warehouse or department store floors.

I see sepia cars normally vintage driving along an old fashioned looking Street I have seen this since I can remember I don't have a clue why either

• Like 1

Here is just a thought about seeing these images.   Say reincarnation is possible (don't know if it is or not), but if it were could it be what we've seen in another place and time travel with us from one life to another?

• 1 month later...

Very interesting comments. I enjoy this subject but find it difficult to talk about with my friends, you know it's that "what's has he been drinking" attitude. I might add that most of the time my mini movies are more like watching an old tv with rather poor reception. But,  sometimes they are very clear and in color. The most clear ones I've had have been in black and white, almost cartoon like in nature.