Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russians indicted for campaign interference

OverSword

It's already in the Russia thread.

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

Seriously?????  Way to spend the taxpayers money.  Guess what?  Internet trolls from Russia said mean things online against Hillary.  That should make half the people on this forum guilty too.

Criminally guilty?  Wire fraud, bank fraud, aggravated identity theft, etc.  That stuff seems a little more serious than just whining about Hillary. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Criminally guilty?  Wire fraud, bank fraud, aggravated identity theft, etc.  That stuff seems a little more serious than just whining about Hillary. 

So how do you think that wire fraud, bank fraud and identity theft could sway the outcome of the election?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So how do you think that wire fraud, bank fraud and identity theft could sway the outcome of the election?

Well, if I stole Donald Trump's identity and used it get money from his bank account and send it to a prostitute via wire transfer........

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

It's been obvious for awhile now that Mueller isn't looking to nail Trump for any actual crime because there is no evidence of such.  He's trying to craft a nice narrative that seems to implicate Trump in a "pattern of obstructionist behavior" or some such silliness.  When the final report is issued, innuendo will be at the heart of it and Mueller should be held accountable for wasting the time and money on such a partisan witch hunt.  

The instant that that report is finalized, Trump should demand that Sessions step down if he isn't going to do his job and constitute another Special Counsel to investigate the shenanigans at the FBI and DOJ.  He shouldn't have to wait but the Left will just scream bloody murder if anything is done before that investigation is completed.

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Oh, it IS, but that's not exactly what Herr Bob was investigating, according to the wits in the MSM.  This was all about Trump and collusion.  Hey!  I know...maybe one of these chumps will roll over on Trump and he can finally be removed from office on the testimony of a felon...yeah, that could work...

• Like 4

Just now, and then said:

It's been obvious for awhile now that Mueller isn't looking to nail Trump for any actual crime because there is no evidence of such.  He's trying to craft a nice narrative that seems to implicate Trump in a "pattern of obstructionist behavior" or some such silliness.  When the final report is issued, innuendo will be at the heart of it and Mueller should be held accountable for wasting the time and money on such a partisan witch hunt.  

The instant that that report is finalized, Trump should demand that Sessions step down if he isn't going to do his job and constitute another Special Counsel to investigate the shenanigans at the FBI and DOJ.  He shouldn't have to wait but the Left will just scream bloody murder if anything is done before that investigation is completed.

Oh, it IS, but that's not exactly what Herr Bob was investigating, according to the wits in the MSM.  This was all about Trump and collusion.  Hey!  I know...maybe one of these chumps will roll over on Trump and he can finally be removed from office on the testimony of a felon...yeah, that could work...

Yeah, that was kind of my point in the Russia thread.  It would have made a bit more sense for the FBI/DoJ to indict these guys instead of Mueller. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Guess what?  Internet trolls from Russia said mean things online against Hillary.  That should make half the people on this forum guilty too.

I have been accused of being a Russian troll because of my dislike of Hillary. :rolleyes:

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I have been accused of being a Russian troll because of my dislike of Hillary. :rolleyes:

You could be a Russian troll if you did like Hillary.  The purpose of the Russian social media campaign is to create divides and reduce trust in the various establishments:  https://www.axios.com/how-russians-use-social-media-to-divide-americans-1513305823-1664ea55-c345-487b-b1b1-d3e028243f88.htm

As such they pose as members on both sides of the arguments and fan the flames.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Their mandate is to 'investigate Russian interference in the US election'. It has nothing specifically to do with 'trump collusion', I don't think. This is exactly the sort of thing that the investigation is supposed to 'waste their time' on.

If they see that a crime has been committed, then they can hardly ignore it now, can they?

It's actually pretty silly to claim that these indictments are a waste of time when they are literally the type of interference the Counsel was formed to investigate.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You could be a Russian troll if you did like Hillary.  The purpose of the Russian social media campaign is to create divides and reduce trust in the various establishments:  https://www.axios.com/how-russians-use-social-media-to-divide-americans-1513305823-1664ea55-c345-487b-b1b1-d3e028243f88.htm

As such they pose as members on both sides of the arguments and fan the flames.

I believe that they'd have been far less successful without the help - witting or not - of our MSM stirring the passions against Trump during the entire campaign season and since.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, and then said:

I believe that they'd have been far less successful without the help - witting or not - of our MSM stirring the passions against Trump during the entire campaign season and since.

Oh, I'm not going to disagree with you on that.  It's one of the primary reasons why I think they helped him to that spot- collusion or not. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Their mandate is to 'investigate Russian interference in the US election'. It has nothing specifically to do with 'trump collusion', I don't think. This is exactly the sort of thing that the investigation is supposed to 'waste their time' on.

If they see that a crime has been committed, then they can hardly ignore it now, can they?

Mmmm...I wonder how much money and how much internet trolling our government does during Russia's (and everyone else's) elections?  But yeah if crimes like ID theft and wire fraud occurred hang'em high.  It will be interesting finding out how those crimes were used to change votes in our election.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Mmmm...I wonder how much money and how much internet trolling our government does during Russia's (and everyone else's) elections?  But yeah if crimes like ID theft and wire fraud occurred hang'em high.  It will be interesting how those crimes were used to change votes in our election.

You realise that it's not actually trolling, right? It's a disinformation campaign with a clear objective. Calling it trolling doesn't do it justice.

That's not what trolling actually is. Trolling serves no real purpose other than to create carnage or wind people up for amusement or simply because the person is a dick.

This had a clear and defined objective which was to sway public opinion through disinformation and sowing discontent. It's basically like what the US does to other countries, like in Iran and elsewhere. They have applied similar tactics in an attempt to create uprisings and overthrow governments.The only difference here is that it was done exclusively online.

This is a very big deal for the US that Russia has now done the same thing to them. And half of your population are acting as if nothing happened.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm a "skeptic" because I know the limits of "woo" and a Illuminati agent because I debunk fringe theories so join the club. :lol: 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I will forever read your posts in a Russian accent from now on.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm a "skeptic" because I know the limits of "woo" and a Illuminati agent because I debunk fringe theories so join the club. :lol: 

It doesn't pay any better than when I was called a "closet Christian". :P

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I will forever read your posts in a Russian accent from now on.

But, but, my Southern accent is sooo much cuter. ;)

• Like 6

Get back to me when Trump is impeached and removed. I'm sure that Mueller is relieved that he found something on someone, though. The witch hunt can continue, and the progressive sheep, as well as Hillary cheerleaders in the media, will see this as evidence of collusion. In the meantime, they won't look at the real reasons why Clinton lost to Trump.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I lost count on my end. This latest news will just fuel the paranoia to record levels.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

But, but, my Southern accent is sooo much cuter. ;)

Actually, that's a good point.

Hmm, okay, so when you agree with me you can have the southern one and when we're at opposite sides you can have the Russian one. That plays into both stereotypes pretty well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You realise that it's not actually trolling, right? It's a disinformation campaign with a clear objective. Calling it trolling doesn't do it justice.

That's not what trolling actually is. Trolling serves no real purpose other than to create carnage or wind people up for amusement or simply because the person is a dick.

This had a clear and defined objective which was to sway public opinion through disinformation and sowing discontent. It's basically like what the US does to other countries, like in Iran and elsewhere. They have applied similar tactics in an attempt to create uprisings and overthrow governments.The only difference here is that it was done exclusively online.

This is a very big deal for the US that Russia has now done the same thing to them. And half of your population are acting as if nothing happened.

Really ?  Because when I'm trolling what I do is to create carnage or wind people up for amusement or simply because I'm a dick. and Ialso with a clear and defined objective to sway public opinion but usually not with disinformation just my own version of the truth.  Regardless I doubt if it's illegal to sway public opinion with disinformation since our government does it to us all the time.  I really think this is just grasping at straws here.

1andry.jpg

• Like 5

Ah!  A typical Friday dump right before a long weekend.  Rosenstein states that no American was knowingly involved (collusion).  For something this major (attack on our democracy), you'd want this info out there at the beginning of the week and clear Trump at the same time.  Is that the case?  Nope!  The MSM and anti-Trumpers have egg on their face and they aren't even going to admit it.  And this Russian "matter" will disappear to page 19 in the news papers.  And most of the public will think Trump is still under investigation.  Who's more insidious, our government or the Russians?  It's interesting that these Russians were actively running pro-Trump rallies and then anti-Trump rallies in the same day in the same city.  I can see how that helped Trump.  Russia didn't have to do much to instill distrust between Americans and their government.  Rosenstein also stated that the Russian activity did not alter the outcome of the election in anyway.  This all amounts to a nothing burger.  The FBI has to save face and make it look like Trump wasn't the focus of the investigation.  Of course, none of those indicted will ever go to trial.  It's also interesting that all the anti-Trumpers on this forum haven't been flocking to this thread apologizing.  In fact, I suspect that this thread will have a short life spam.  By next week, they'll be picking up the Trump/Russian collusion mantra.

• Like 5

Here's the obvious bias from the writers perspective: represents the most detailed allegations to date of illegal Russian meddling during the campaign that sent Trump to the White House.

In other words if the Russians hadn't meddled, Hillary would be in the White house. Can they prove the Russians caused one person to vote for Trump?

• Like 2