Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man rescued from London sewer after 3 days

Still Waters

A man who fell down a drain and became trapped in the sewer system for a reported three days, has been rescued by police in east London. 

The 48-year-old, who has not been named, is thought to have wandered through pipelines for up to 72 hours as he desperately tried to find his way out. 

Police hauled the man out on 8 February in Romford, six miles from Barking where he claimed he first fell in. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-rescued-drain-two-days-sewage-system-romford-east-london-a8214381.html

• Like 5

I've spent more than three days in sewer lines, but that was spread out over a ten-year career as an environmental scientist.  This guy did it the hard way.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

I've spent more than three days in sewer lines, but that was spread out over a ten-year career as an environmental scientist.  This guy did it the hard way.

I did one for a few hours looking for a runaway. But I was wearing a MSA full face respirator with NBC filters on it. 

Romford, a large town in the London Borough of Havering, tucked away right up in the far north east corner of the metropolis, situated on the River Rom, a tributary of the River Thames. It has not one but two churches dedicated to St Edward the Confessor, is first recorded in 55 AD as the Roman settlement and army camp of Durolitum, has a market which was established in 1247 and is the location of a sewer that a bloke fell into, where he ended up spending three days.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1