Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Light bulb replacement

Lowflyer

I never really believed in paranormal activity, but just had an event that is changing my mind. I was in a basement of a house to fix a recessed light. I took the bulb out and had it in my hand while I walked over to my tools two feet away. Went back to the light and there was a bulb in the light. I still had the bulb I took out now a second bulb.  This all happened in less then 30 seconds. I could not believe  what I saw when there was a bulb in that light. 

• Like 1

Your first post. You must have been dumbstruck. 

First thought is an old owner (now departed) wanted to help with the repair project of his old familiar home. And he perhaps has kept some sense of humor about life.

37 minutes ago, Lowflyer said:

I never really believed in paranormal activity, but just had an event that is changing my mind. I was in a basement of a house to fix a recessed light. I took the bulb out and had it in my hand while I walked over to my tools two feet away. Went back to the light and there was a bulb in the light. I still had the bulb I took out now a second bulb.  This all happened in less then 30 seconds. I could not believe  what I saw when there was a bulb in that light. 

Did it work?

Having trouble processing it.  I am a very philosophical person who is opened minded not influenced by mainstream religion. I would welcome more events to make better sense.  I look at things scientificly, but there is so much we don’t understand about life. I hope there is more  to our existence then we experience.  A little exicted on one level about this, but questioning my own mental process. 

Maybe it was just one of those situations where you were on autopilot. 

I know it has happened to me that I automatically do things out of habit, and then can't remember if I did them.

It's like locking the door. I wonder if I did it, can't remember doing it, but I go back to check and I have.

Or driving home from work. It seems like if you've done it a thousand times, you don't even need to think while doing it. 

You just find yourself home, and can't actually remember the steps it took to get yourself there.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lowflyer said:

Many years ago now, 17 to be exact my uncle was knocked down and killed in a road traffic accident, the day after the Traffic Police liaison officer was at my parents house were the family had all gathered, every person was in the living room talking about the "accident" when the Police officer was updating us and running through what they thought had happened, the possible events leading to the accident. ie: suspicion that the driver was using a mobile phone - the moment the Police officer said that - the next minute in the back kitchen / dinning table area there was an almighty crash/bang. instantly when me and my mum left the room to see what it was the mirror which had hung on the wall had fall off the wall, the mirror is 4 foot so big, we thought the chain had broken or the bracket screwed into the wall had come loose. But no. the Chain was fine and so was the bracket, the only way that mirror came off the wall was by being lifted off. the same mirror as remained on the same wall, with the same chain and bracket and has never fallen off before or since. It's impossible to come off like i said unless its lifted. also it cant be hung half on or half off, the way its set up its either on or off. We've never been able to explain it. a few days later an eyewitness to the accident contacted the police to confirm the driver was indeed using their mobile phone. - was the mirror falling off the wall at the exact same time the police officer mentioned that scenario my uncle trying to confirm it or was it just a coincidence. - i cannot explain it and never will.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I have had three other experiences in my life, but dismissed them as mind games. However one of those was a cup half full knocking over and falling off a table. Four people seen  it happen.  It was in the dining room with everyone in the living room.  

The night of my wife’s mother passing we got a phone call close to the time my wife was born, an old woman wanting to order flowers for her daughter.  We both tried to talk to the woman, but she just asked the same thing a few times then hung up.  No record from bell-tell of the call.  

Another was I opened 4 bay windows walked into my kitchen got a drink went back they were shut.  

I never really gave much thought to these and moved on. However, this one I had the bulb I took out, and there was a another one. No spare bulbs were in the house. It was even the wrong type for that light. It would have been awesome if it was a different bulb that was put back. . I am skeptical of a spirit, more concerned about my mental processes. These things always seem marginal, in the corner of our vision sort of speak. It is interesting though whatever the reason. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lowflyer said:

Thanks for the responses. I have had three other experiences in my life, but dismissed them as mind games. However one of those was a cup half full knocking over and falling off a table. Four people seen  it happen.  It was in the dining room with everyone in the living room.  

The night of my wife’s mother passing we got a phone call close to the time my wife was born, an old woman wanting to order flowers for her daughter.  We both tried to talk to the woman, but she just asked the same thing a few times then hung up.  No record from bell-tell of the call.  

Another was I opened 4 bay windows walked into my kitchen got a drink went back they were shut.  

I never really gave much thought to these and moved on. However, this one I had the bulb I took out, and there was a another one. No spare bulbs were in the house. It was even the wrong type for that light. It would have been awesome if it was a different bulb that was put back. . I am skeptical of a spirit, more concerned about my mental processes. These things always seem marginal, in the corner of our vision sort of speak. It is interesting though whatever the reason. 

It is not always ghosts. It can be a reality glitch or your mental processes. Are you alone a lot? 

Few days ago I got into the library as usual, took out my laptop then my iPhone.  I always connect my phone to my laptop for charging, first thing I do, so I plugged the usb end into my computer then the lightning end into my phone realising it was not charging. Immediately looked down and saw the usb was still hanging not plugged in. Now, my usb is extremely hard to pull out and it is loud, it’s an old computer. It was only 4 seconds after plugging in that it was hanging now. Things like this happen, who knows why.