Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Dana123456

Unexplained Light Streak Moved Through House

10 posts in this topic

Dana123456

My 10 yo daughter and I were sitting in the living room facing each other. We were talking about normal things and out of no where a very bright, streaking sort of light, came out of my dark office went through the hall into the kitchen and disappeared. The only way I can describe it is that it looked like a shooting star inside my house. The light was very bright white and with some blue, brighter than any normal light. Bright like lightning. It went in a straight line and was about mid level from floor to ceiling.

When this happened, before I even had the chance to say anything, my daughter who had her back to this event, turned in it's direction and said, "what was that!?!?" I swear if she hadn't have also seen it I would have questioned whether I had seen it because it was like nothing I've ever seen and it's certainly not something I can explain. It gave me chills to the bone and it all happened in a split second. This the one and only time this has ever happened to me.

I looked online and many ppl say things about camera type flashes of light but only a few talk about the light moving across the house like this one did. I will say there is a window in my office and I immediately looked out my window to see if anyone was outside or any cars but I saw nothing and this was not a beam of light like a flash light or laser beam it was autonomous and it moved in a streak. And the brightness and the way it moved so perfectly straight makes me question any type of car reflection.

I am open to scientific or paranormal explanations. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea of what this might be or what might have caused it.

Thanks

papageorge1
22 minutes ago, Dana123456 said:
  • Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea of what this might be or what might have caused it.

I had such an experience once. I and a friend of my son had a ‘what was that’ moment when a small white light in the daytime streaked across the wall in our TV room. Never saw such a thing before or since.

What was it? I have heard spirit entities find orbs the easiest (least energy requiring) way to manifest. That is one possibility.

freetoroam

Was it on the ground floor?

Was it during the day or night time?

Have you any mirrors in the rooms?

Where is the sittingroom in conjunction to the office, hall and kitchen?

How far was the light from where you were?

NightScreams

Any chance of ball lightning? it's often the size of a grapefruit.

29f5p46b-1351571455.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q

Edited by NightScreams

Dana123456

It was about 5-6 ft off the ground, ground floor, no mirrors and it moved in a straight line. It was about 10 feet away from us. Was absolutely not the shape of a ball but rather about the size of half a baseball bat and sort of an elongated oval shape or a flat, elongated disk. I looked up ball lightening and it was nothing like that. Nor was it static electricity from what I read and saw on the internet. It was really like shooting star in it's shape and movement. My house is an open floor plan and if you picture my house as a square cube, it went diagonally from one corner to the opposite side of the house. 

Dana123456

Clarification -  it wasn't really a hard disk shape with defined lines just what the light streak reminded me of but it was definitely elongated and was approx two feet wide by 3 or 4 feet in long. 

oldrover
3 hours ago, Dana123456 said:

My 10 yo daughter and I were sitting in the living room facing each other. We were talking about normal things and out of no where a very bright, streaking sort of light, came out of my dark office went through the hall into the kitchen and disappeared. The only way I can describe it is that it looked like a shooting star inside my house. The light was very bright white and with some blue, brighter than any normal light. Bright like lightning. It went in a straight line and was about mid level from floor to ceiling.

When this happened, before I even had the chance to say anything, my daughter who had her back to this event, turned in it's direction and said, "what was that!?!?" I swear if she hadn't have also seen it I would have questioned whether I had seen it because it was like nothing I've ever seen and it's certainly not something I can explain. It gave me chills to the bone and it all happened in a split second. This the one and only time this has ever happened to me.

I looked online and many ppl say things about camera type flashes of light but only a few talk about the light moving across the house like this one did. I will say there is a window in my office and I immediately looked out my window to see if anyone was outside or any cars but I saw nothing and this was not a beam of light like a flash light or laser beam it was autonomous and it moved in a streak. And the brightness and the way it moved so perfectly straight makes me question any type of car reflection.

I am open to scientific or paranormal explanations. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea of what this might be or what might have caused it.

Thanks

Do not be too specifuc, but where do you live? It might shed some light on things. I have to be bunt and tell you that I discount any paranormal explanations, but it m8ght be that something interesting has happened. 

Dana123456

I live in north central texas. 

Brandy333

After I read your story I went searching a little to see if I could find anyone else who experienced anything similar, and in this excerpt this person also described it like a shooting star, as you did.   Here is the excerpt:

"The same thing happened to me too. I'm 14 years old and I'm in my room on January 20,2018. And I had asked God to please send me a sign ever since last night. But while I was asking I saw 3 black orbs while I was praying. I searched it and it said they could mean death. But I don't know if that was the sign he sent me or not? But again today I asked again to make sure because I really want to believe he's real. I mean life didn't just happen out of nowhere right? Lol. But anyways, it was maybe 5/10 minutes afterwards that I was laying in my room by myself. My light WAS on but the light I saw was even brighter. It wasn't like a orb though. It like zoomed by me like a shooting star".

Didn't you say it was a bluish-white light?   In meditation classes I've heard of this coloring associated with positive energy.

Edited by Brandy333

Astral Hillbilly

I have seen sunlight reflecting off a chrome car bumper as it's moving, which can cast a similar light across a wall in a home. I'm not saying that's what you saw, just a possibility.