Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Dana123456

Unexplained Light Streak Moved Through House

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Dana123456

My 10 yo daughter and I were sitting in the living room facing each other. We were talking about normal things and out of no where a very bright, streaking sort of light, came out of my dark office went through the hall into the kitchen and disappeared. The only way I can describe it is that it looked like a shooting star inside my house. The light was very bright white and with some blue, brighter than any normal light. Bright like lightning. It went in a straight line and was about mid level from floor to ceiling.

When this happened, before I even had the chance to say anything, my daughter who had her back to this event, turned in it's direction and said, "what was that!?!?" I swear if she hadn't have also seen it I would have questioned whether I had seen it because it was like nothing I've ever seen and it's certainly not something I can explain. It gave me chills to the bone and it all happened in a split second. This the one and only time this has ever happened to me.

I looked online and many ppl say things about camera type flashes of light but only a few talk about the light moving across the house like this one did. I will say there is a window in my office and I immediately looked out my window to see if anyone was outside or any cars but I saw nothing and this was not a beam of light like a flash light or laser beam it was autonomous and it moved in a streak. And the brightness and the way it moved so perfectly straight makes me question any type of car reflection.

I am open to scientific or paranormal explanations. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea of what this might be or what might have caused it.

Thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
papageorge1
22 minutes ago, Dana123456 said:
  • Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea of what this might be or what might have caused it.

I had such an experience once. I and a friend of my son had a ‘what was that’ moment when a small white light in the daytime streaked across the wall in our TV room. Never saw such a thing before or since.

What was it? I have heard spirit entities find orbs the easiest (least energy requiring) way to manifest. That is one possibility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

Was it on the ground floor?

Was it during the day or night time?

Have you any mirrors in the rooms?

Where is the sittingroom in conjunction to the office, hall and kitchen?

How far was the light from where you were?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightScreams

Any chance of ball lightning? it's often the size of a grapefruit.

29f5p46b-1351571455.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q

Edited by NightScreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dana123456

It was about 5-6 ft off the ground, ground floor, no mirrors and it moved in a straight line. It was about 10 feet away from us. Was absolutely not the shape of a ball but rather about the size of half a baseball bat and sort of an elongated oval shape or a flat, elongated disk. I looked up ball lightening and it was nothing like that. Nor was it static electricity from what I read and saw on the internet. It was really like shooting star in it's shape and movement. My house is an open floor plan and if you picture my house as a square cube, it went diagonally from one corner to the opposite side of the house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dana123456

Clarification -  it wasn't really a hard disk shape with defined lines just what the light streak reminded me of but it was definitely elongated and was approx two feet wide by 3 or 4 feet in long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldrover
3 hours ago, Dana123456 said:

My 10 yo daughter and I were sitting in the living room facing each other. We were talking about normal things and out of no where a very bright, streaking sort of light, came out of my dark office went through the hall into the kitchen and disappeared. The only way I can describe it is that it looked like a shooting star inside my house. The light was very bright white and with some blue, brighter than any normal light. Bright like lightning. It went in a straight line and was about mid level from floor to ceiling.

When this happened, before I even had the chance to say anything, my daughter who had her back to this event, turned in it's direction and said, "what was that!?!?" I swear if she hadn't have also seen it I would have questioned whether I had seen it because it was like nothing I've ever seen and it's certainly not something I can explain. It gave me chills to the bone and it all happened in a split second. This the one and only time this has ever happened to me.

I looked online and many ppl say things about camera type flashes of light but only a few talk about the light moving across the house like this one did. I will say there is a window in my office and I immediately looked out my window to see if anyone was outside or any cars but I saw nothing and this was not a beam of light like a flash light or laser beam it was autonomous and it moved in a streak. And the brightness and the way it moved so perfectly straight makes me question any type of car reflection.

I am open to scientific or paranormal explanations. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea of what this might be or what might have caused it.

Thanks

Do not be too specifuc, but where do you live? It might shed some light on things. I have to be bunt and tell you that I discount any paranormal explanations, but it m8ght be that something interesting has happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dana123456

I live in north central texas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333

After I read your story I went searching a little to see if I could find anyone else who experienced anything similar, and in this excerpt this person also described it like a shooting star, as you did.   Here is the excerpt:

 

"The same thing happened to me too. I'm 14 years old and I'm in my room on January 20,2018. And I had asked God to please send me a sign ever since last night. But while I was asking I saw 3 black orbs while I was praying. I searched it and it said they could mean death. But I don't know if that was the sign he sent me or not? But again today I asked again to make sure because I really want to believe he's real. I mean life didn't just happen out of nowhere right? Lol. But anyways, it was maybe 5/10 minutes afterwards that I was laying in my room by myself. My light WAS on but the light I saw was even brighter. It wasn't like a orb though. It like zoomed by me like a shooting star".

 

Didn't you say it was a bluish-white light?   In meditation classes I've heard of this coloring associated with positive energy.

 

Edited by Brandy333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astral Hillbilly

I have seen sunlight reflecting off a chrome car bumper as it's moving, which can cast a similar light across a wall in a home. I'm not saying that's what you saw, just a possibility.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MTR

Hi Dana. I believe I have a video of what you are talking about (FYI: I was searching google to see  if anyone else had a similar experience and found your post - I had to join this site just so I could reply to you). Background: I have a security camera in my lounge and it automatically notifies me when it detects motion. I received a notification around 2:30am and when I reviewed it - I saw a streak which sounds similar in description to what you saw. Unfortunately I can’t upload the video to this site so have inserted a link to a share of the video.  Watch the video - you will see a bright streak of light (it’s very fast) zooming in a straight line and disappears into our TV. I have looked at it in slow motion and have also inserted a still of it.

Video of the streak: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1RVnOywzgbe8ZCdBhSYS5eUFqlcmsku53/view?usp=drivesdk

Still Image: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1FrkgtEbY4BlDe5ArvGK5kaz2sjwX_3iY/view?usp=drivesdk

I have tried to explain it as possibly car lights or lights reflecting somehow from somewhere, maybe a camera glitch but there are some things about this that don’t add up:

1) the streak is in front of our wall not on the wall like car lights would be - I estimate half a meter in front of the furniture so my felling is it’s flying or shooting 2) it’s in a straight line (reflections or lights tend to blur/mould to surfaces) so again a shot rather than a passive reflection 3. And where is the light source coming from (it’s 2:30am - nothings on) - our house is 2 storey and our lounge is on the top level.

Basically I don’t know what this is which is why I searched google in the first place. All I can say is it is unexplained.

One more thing to add - earlier that evening (around 11:30pm my camera also picked up weird flying lights in the lounge) - I have also included that video link:

https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1hGFJdFg9SBotruLq_je6Hg1LWjdz9SoH/view?usp=drivesdk

We are calling them fairies - perhaps lucky fairies (this happened over a 5 minute time period). On this topic I also searched and found a video a lady had filmed which has similar flying lights - she was there at the time unlike my video.  Hers were much more active (I think they could be bugs) but again they are unexplained. I don’t know why these all happened on the same night but it has been only the one time so far (very strange). Hope this helps. Let me know what you think (maybe some things don’t need explaining).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
2 hours ago, MTR said:

Hi Dana. I believe I have a video of what you are talking about (FYI: I was searching google to see  if anyone else had a similar experience and found your post - I had to join this site just so I could reply to you). Background: I have a security camera in my lounge and it automatically notifies me when it detects motion. I received a notification around 2:30am and when I reviewed it - I saw a streak which sounds similar in description to what you saw. Unfortunately I can’t upload the video to this site so have inserted a link to a share of the video.  Watch the video - you will see a bright streak of light (it’s very fast) zooming in a straight line and disappears into our TV. I have looked at it in slow motion and have also inserted a still of it.

Video of the streak: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1RVnOywzgbe8ZCdBhSYS5eUFqlcmsku53/view?usp=drivesdk

Still Image: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1FrkgtEbY4BlDe5ArvGK5kaz2sjwX_3iY/view?usp=drivesdk

I have tried to explain it as possibly car lights or lights reflecting somehow from somewhere, maybe a camera glitch but there are some things about this that don’t add up:

1) the streak is in front of our wall not on the wall like car lights would be - I estimate half a meter in front of the furniture so my felling is it’s flying or shooting 2) it’s in a straight line (reflections or lights tend to blur/mould to surfaces) so again a shot rather than a passive reflection 3. And where is the light source coming from (it’s 2:30am - nothings on) - our house is 2 storey and our lounge is on the top level.

Basically I don’t know what this is which is why I searched google in the first place. All I can say is it is unexplained.

One more thing to add - earlier that evening (around 11:30pm my camera also picked up weird flying lights in the lounge) - I have also included that video link:

https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1hGFJdFg9SBotruLq_je6Hg1LWjdz9SoH/view?usp=drivesdk

We are calling them fairies - perhaps lucky fairies (this happened over a 5 minute time period). On this topic I also searched and found a video a lady had filmed which has similar flying lights - she was there at the time unlike my video.  Hers were much more active (I think they could be bugs) but again they are unexplained. I don’t know why these all happened on the same night but it has been only the one time so far (very strange). Hope this helps. Let me know what you think (maybe some things don’t need explaining).

Are you familiar with spirit orbs. Here's a pretty good discussion; Spirit Orbs

Many paranormal experts tell us that an orb is one of the easier forms (requiring less physical energy) in which a spirit can appear. Orb pretty much just means sphere so it is a common shape and I am not saying all orbs are spirits either but I believe some are; particularly more likely when showing unnatural qualities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SecretSanta
2 hours ago, MTR said:

Hi Dana. I believe I have a video of what you are talking about (FYI: I was searching google to see  if anyone else had a similar experience and found your post - I had to join this site just so I could reply to you). Background: I have a security camera in my lounge and it automatically notifies me when it detects motion. I received a notification around 2:30am and when I reviewed it - I saw a streak which sounds similar in description to what you saw. Unfortunately I can’t upload the video to this site so have inserted a link to a share of the video.  Watch the video - you will see a bright streak of light (it’s very fast) zooming in a straight line and disappears into our TV. I have looked at it in slow motion and have also inserted a still of it.

Video of the streak: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1RVnOywzgbe8ZCdBhSYS5eUFqlcmsku53/view?usp=drivesdk

Still Image: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1FrkgtEbY4BlDe5ArvGK5kaz2sjwX_3iY/view?usp=drivesdk

I have tried to explain it as possibly car lights or lights reflecting somehow from somewhere, maybe a camera glitch but there are some things about this that don’t add up:

1) the streak is in front of our wall not on the wall like car lights would be - I estimate half a meter in front of the furniture so my felling is it’s flying or shooting 2) it’s in a straight line (reflections or lights tend to blur/mould to surfaces) so again a shot rather than a passive reflection 3. And where is the light source coming from (it’s 2:30am - nothings on) - our house is 2 storey and our lounge is on the top level.

Basically I don’t know what this is which is why I searched google in the first place. All I can say is it is unexplained.

One more thing to add - earlier that evening (around 11:30pm my camera also picked up weird flying lights in the lounge) - I have also included that video link:

https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1hGFJdFg9SBotruLq_je6Hg1LWjdz9SoH/view?usp=drivesdk

We are calling them fairies - perhaps lucky fairies (this happened over a 5 minute time period). On this topic I also searched and found a video a lady had filmed which has similar flying lights - she was there at the time unlike my video.  Hers were much more active (I think they could be bugs) but again they are unexplained. I don’t know why these all happened on the same night but it has been only the one time so far (very strange). Hope this helps. Let me know what you think (maybe some things don’t need explaining).

I’m not able to view the photo or video because it wants me to sign in to google drive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MTR

Sorry everyone my links above didn't work - so I have uploaded the Streaking Light video to Youtube (I can see it here so it must be working now): 

I also think I have fixed the share issue with Google links above? 
If not this will show you what I was talking about...

Edited by MTR
Fixed Links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
12 hours ago, MTR said:

Hi Dana. I believe I have a video of what you are talking about (FYI: I was searching google to see  if anyone else had a similar experience and found your post - I had to join this site just so I could reply to you). Background: I have a security camera in my lounge and it automatically notifies me when it detects motion. I received a notification around 2:30am and when I reviewed it - I saw a streak which sounds similar in description to what you saw. Unfortunately I can’t upload the video to this site so have inserted a link to a share of the video.  Watch the video - you will see a bright streak of light (it’s very fast) zooming in a straight line and disappears into our TV. I have looked at it in slow motion and have also inserted a still of it.

Video of the streak: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1RVnOywzgbe8ZCdBhSYS5eUFqlcmsku53/view?usp=drivesdk

Still Image: https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1FrkgtEbY4BlDe5ArvGK5kaz2sjwX_3iY/view?usp=drivesdk

I have tried to explain it as possibly car lights or lights reflecting somehow from somewhere, maybe a camera glitch but there are some things about this that don’t add up:

1) the streak is in front of our wall not on the wall like car lights would be - I estimate half a meter in front of the furniture so my felling is it’s flying or shooting 2) it’s in a straight line (reflections or lights tend to blur/mould to surfaces) so again a shot rather than a passive reflection 3. And where is the light source coming from (it’s 2:30am - nothings on) - our house is 2 storey and our lounge is on the top level.

Basically I don’t know what this is which is why I searched google in the first place. All I can say is it is unexplained.

One more thing to add - earlier that evening (around 11:30pm my camera also picked up weird flying lights in the lounge) - I have also included that video link:

https://drive.google.com/a/ignited.co.nz/file/d/1hGFJdFg9SBotruLq_je6Hg1LWjdz9SoH/view?usp=drivesdk

We are calling them fairies - perhaps lucky fairies (this happened over a 5 minute time period). On this topic I also searched and found a video a lady had filmed which has similar flying lights - she was there at the time unlike my video.  Hers were much more active (I think they could be bugs) but again they are unexplained. I don’t know why these all happened on the same night but it has been only the one time so far (very strange). Hope this helps. Let me know what you think (maybe some things don’t need explaining).

My guess is the light source is coming from the camera itself. Can you provide the model of the camera you're using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MTR

It’s a WyzeCam 2.0. and has an infrared night vision capability. Note: I thought it could be a camera glitch too of some sort but I really don’t know (it’s never happened before and only time will tell if it happens again). I’m interested to see what Dana says (her description has a lot of similarity) if this is the same or not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dana123456

Hi, yes, it’s similar but mine streaked for a little longer over a bigger area from one corner of the house to almost the opposite corner and it lit up the downstairs (I have an open floor plan). It even curved around a pantry wall appearing to disappear just before it went out the kitchen window. But the position is the same for sure. It was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen. That I know for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MTR

Thanks Dana123456 - that's good to know. As above, I don't know what it was and I am sure as more people have security cameras and mobile phones with video cameras on them, that more of these will be caught in footage. One more thing I want to add: Someone earlier had asked if it was ball lightning...I believe I have seen ball lightning when I was around 12 or 13 (I didn't know what it was at the time, I only realised what it was some time later) and my experience suggests what you saw wasn't that (I will explain):  I was at home on a new years night (this is going back some 40 years ago), up late, the lights were off and I was in the kitchen as there was a major electrical storm that night (no rain, just thunder and lightning). We lived on a farm and I was up watching the light show from the kitchen windows over the valley where I saw hundreds of lightning strikes flashing all over the horizon - it was spectacular. Our house had a long hall connecting the lounge to the kitchen (passing bedrooms) when there was a very close lightning burst and thunder boom that shook the house (it felt right above us). It made me look behind me toward the lounge and there coming down the hallway was a ball of light (it was just above the floor, I can't be sure if it was bouncing or just floating) but it was definitely coming my way - sort of spinning forward - it all happened so quickly but at the same time the ball was not zooming. It came down the hall, into the dinning room and into the kitchen, hit our pantry door and sort of spun for a little longer in the one spot (going up the door a little) then disappeared (like a balloon popping - or melting). I don't think it went through the door but just ran out of ball - like a bubble eventually pops. It didn't move around - it just came in a straight line from lounge to kitchen - approximately 15m in total distance, possibly taking 5 seconds to reach the pantry and another 3 seconds before it disappeared. When I saw it, it made me jump away from the kitchen to the dinning room (as if to avoid it) and it went by me - I don't recall any sound, just light. It sort of looked like a small fire ball - maybe more like a liquid look than fire (about the size of a softball - a little bigger than a baseball) but the ball was a golden colour, maybe white and very clean (I liken it to a ball of hot glass on the end of a glass blowers stick - that golden white look). I didn't feel any heat at all, nor did it burn anything. I told my parents, they had no idea what it was but unfortunately in those days we didn't have video cameras setup like we have now but I wish we had (for the same reason as your original message) - because you think "Did I really see that" :-D? All the best and I look forward to seeing if anyone else has a video one day to add to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
On 22/01/2019 at 10:01 PM, papageorge1 said:

paranormal experts

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dana123456

mine was not a ball but a long bright shooting star light streak 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
44 minutes ago, Dana123456 said:

mine was not a ball but a long bright shooting star light streak 

It sounds like a spirit of a pet,small dog in particular,have you lost any pets in the not too distant past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
On 24/01/2019 at 5:46 AM, MTR said:

It’s a WyzeCam 2.0. and has an infrared night vision capability. Note: I thought it could be a camera glitch too of some sort but I really don’t know (it’s never happened before and only time will tell if it happens again). I’m interested to see what Dana says (her description has a lot of similarity) if this is the same or not? 

The IR bulb is a light source. The IR could've been defecting of an insect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_95
Posted (edited)

Hey! I’m in North Carolina and I’ve been trying to find someone with a similar experience. My experience was similar and has never happened before or again. I’m not sure if you still use this page, but I just wanted to say I’m happy to know I’m not alone.

 

Edited by Still Waters
Added link to own thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.