Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if Nikola Tesla...

Aquila King

(I'm not here saying any of this is literally true, just thinking about what life would be like today if, and how history might have changed due to this or that. Just a fun 'what if?')

We all know Nikola Tesla was a world famous inventor. Though what if one of his most famous supposed inventions, namely, the remote energy tower, were actually made real and mainstream?

For those that don't know, Tesla was working on a way to remotely send electric energy through radio waves (or something like that, I don't know the specifics), so that basically everyone would have unlimited power to fuel every piece of technology they actually use. No batteries, no fueling stations, nothing. Just pick up remote power like a radio picks up radio waves. And a constant stream of power as well.

What if this would actually have happened? How would the world we live in today be different in this fictional timeline? What then?

Thoughts?

• Like 5

I would like to believe that the technology would have been shared worldwide and that the third world countries out there would have the freedom of power in their rural homes and that it may have improved their lives and health over the past decades rather than what many have suffered instead. Secondarily, depending on the system, maybe it would have removed fuels as any sort of motivation for warfare or competition.

The more I ponder, this alone might have changed our world today much more drastically than it seems at first think. Nice question :)

• Like 3

I like the idea of electrically powered aircraft crossing the globe drawing power from a network of power transmitters. It would also save an awful lot of Disruption to Train Services due to Damage to Overhead Power Lines. It might also mean that it might be economic to convert long distance rail lines, particularly in the U.S., to electric power, as it would surely cost  a whole lot less than stringing up wires over hundreds of miles. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 1

I am not sure that Tesla had plans other than making such system work just for long range power transport like that from power plants to cities etc? But such systems will be made, eventually and Tesla surely has to be given credit.

6 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

I am not sure that Tesla had plans other than making such system work just for long range power transport like that from power plants to cities etc? But such systems will be made, eventually and Tesla surely has to be given credit.

It's already in use.

After 1890 inventor Nikola Tesla experimented with transmitting power by inductive and capacitive coupling using spark-excited radio frequency resonant transformers, now called Tesla coils, which generated high AC voltages.[39][41][124] Early on he attempted to develop a wireless lighting system based on near-field inductive and capacitive coupling[41] and conducted a series of public demonstrations where he lit Geissler tubes and even incandescent light bulbs from across a stage.[41][124][125] He found he could increase the distance at which he could light a lamp by using a receiving LC circuit tuned to resonance with the transmitter's LC circuit.[40] using resonant inductive coupling.[41][42] Tesla failed to make a commercial product out of his findings[126] but his resonant inductive coupling method is now widely used in electronics and is currently being applied to short-range wireless power systems.[41][127]

Wiki

Harte

• Like 7

On 2/17/2018 at 5:56 PM, Aquila King said:

(I'm not here saying any of this is literally true, just thinking about what life would be like today if, and how history might have changed due to this or that. Just a fun 'what if?')

We all know Nikola Tesla was a world famous inventor. Though what if one of his most famous supposed inventions, namely, the remote energy tower, were actually made real and mainstream?

For those that don't know, Tesla was working on a way to remotely send electric energy through radio waves (or something like that, I don't know the specifics), so that basically everyone would have unlimited power to fuel every piece of technology they actually use. No batteries, no fueling stations, nothing. Just pick up remote power like a radio picks up radio waves. And a constant stream of power as well.

What if this would actually have happened? How would the world we live in today be different in this fictional timeline? What then?

Thoughts?

This was an example of dangerous thinking by Tesla.  He wanted to take a high-power AC  generator and give it a direct short circuit to ground.  

quoting about the concept:

Tesla developed his own ideas on how a worldwide wireless system would work. He theorized from these experiments that if he injected electric current into the Earth at just the right frequency he could harness what he believed was the planet's own electrical charge and cause it to resonate at a frequency that would be amplified in "standing waves" that could be tapped anywhere on the planet to run devices or, through modulation, carry a signal.[2] His system was based more on 19th century ideas of electrical conduction and telegraphy (instead of the newer theories of air-borne electromagnetic waves), with an electrical charge being conducted through the ground and being returned through the air.[3] Tesla's design used a concept of a charged conductive upper layer in the atmosphere,[3] a theory dating back to an 1872 idea for a proposed wireless power system by Mahlon Loomis.[4] Tesla not only believed that he could use this layer as his return path in his electrical conduction system, but that the power flowing through it would make it glow, providing night time lighting for cities and shipping lanes.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower

1 hour ago, atalante said:

This was an example of dangerous thinking by Tesla.  He wanted to take a high-power AC  generator and give it a direct short circuit to ground.  

quoting about the concept:

Tesla developed his own ideas on how a worldwide wireless system would work. He theorized from these experiments that if he injected electric current into the Earth at just the right frequency he could harness what he believed was the planet's own electrical charge and cause it to resonate at a frequency that would be amplified in "standing waves" that could be tapped anywhere on the planet to run devices or, through modulation, carry a signal.[2] His system was based more on 19th century ideas of electrical conduction and telegraphy (instead of the newer theories of air-borne electromagnetic waves), with an electrical charge being conducted through the ground and being returned through the air.[3] Tesla's design used a concept of a charged conductive upper layer in the atmosphere,[3] a theory dating back to an 1872 idea for a proposed wireless power system by Mahlon Loomis.[4] Tesla not only believed that he could use this layer as his return path in his electrical conduction system, but that the power flowing through it would make it glow, providing night time lighting for cities and shipping lanes.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower

Mad Science at its finest! 

• Like 1

While this isn't exactly the same concept Tesla was envisioning, it shares a lot of similarities. Namely the correct frequency requirements for transmission through solid earth and rock. This really couldn't happen until the digital age though. 

https://www.afcea.org/content/?q=underground-radio-broadcasts-new-possibilities

A major difficulty in sending radio signals through earth and rock is that very low frequencies are required. Reagor explains that a typical AM radio station produces signals at one megahertz, or 1 million cycles per second. But the frequencies necessary to pass through dirt and rock must travel at least 30 kilohertz, or 30,000 cycles per second, or less.

The Through-The-Earth Communication system sends very low frequency (VLF) voice signals from the surface to depths of more than 300 feet vertically and through 550 horizontal feet of soil and rock. The radio transmits the signals in the 3- to 30-kilohertz range and uses digital audio compression technology to send wireless voice and data messages.

----------------

As for the topic I don't think wireless transmission of power would be healthy for humanity. Stationary HV power lines in close proximity are bad enough. Cell phones and laptops are detrimental and that's a much less powerful signal. Telsa was fond of charging himself using electroshock. I have felt current passing through me to ground, I found it unpleasant. The thing about genius is not every idea qualifies, and not every concept turns out to be what it was supposed to be. Think WD40.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2018 at 0:56 AM, Aquila King said:

everyone would have unlimited power

remotely sending electrical energy through radio waves is one thing but how was it suggested 'unlimited power' would be produced?

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

remotely sending electrical energy through radio waves is one thing but how was it suggested 'unlimited power' would be produced?

I believe it was more the idea that peoples access to power would not be limited by a physical power grid as opposed to being able to generate unlimited power. I could be mistaken though as that is just from memory of readings from years ago. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BorizBadinov said:

I believe it was more the idea that peoples access to power would not be limited by a physical power grid as opposed to being able to generate unlimited power. I could be mistaken though as that is just from memory of readings from years ago. 

ok, thanks;)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 5:47 PM, Harte said:

It's already in use.

Wiki

Harte

I've just done some short reading about the subject and man i was wrong about Tesla. It might be kind of minor assumption regarding his major interest but it changed whole picture of Tesla's work in my mind.

It happened already; HAARP 

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

It happened already; HAARP 

C.F. People who don’t understand what HAARP does.

• Like 1

Seeing as how the existing power lines are supposed to be bad for you, I'd imagine gigantic radiation emitting towers everywhere would be creating a cancer epidemic of Biblical proportions.

My friend the other day was speculating that if Tesla had lived longer, if he would have contributed to the Electrical Universe theory. He very much believes that this theory is the truth, and I was hard pressed not to just start looking away in disinterest. 

• Stars do not shine because of internal nuclear fusion caused by gravitational collapse. Rather, they are anodes for galactic discharge currents.[14]
  • Impact craters on Venus, Mars and the Moon are not caused by impacts, but by electrical discharges.[15] The same applies to the Valles Marineris (a massive canyon on Mars) and the Grand Canyon on Earth.[16]

Edited by DieChecker

• 2 weeks later...

This is how the world would look like if Tesla succeeded... and for sure he would, having more time and funding. This however had been done already about 10000 BC before he started working on his invention. Great pyramid was used to do exactly this! Read my thread in this forum...

Image result for tower 3 tesla

17 minutes ago, kborissov said:

This is how the world would look like if Tesla succeeded... and for sure he would, having more time and funding. This however had been done already about 10000 BC before he started working on his invention. Great pyramid was used to do exactly this! Read my thread in this forum...

Image result for tower 3 tesla

Except my people had no contact with them and our structures were built at a different date.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

Except my people had no contact with them and our structures were built at a different date.

The electrons would be injected by the GP to ionosphere but return back through elevations on the planet. As long as the frequency of the electrons is high enough to pass through the air, it shall be all good. No other structures would be needed.

17 minutes ago, kborissov said:

The electrons would be injected by the GP to ionosphere but return back through elevations on the planet. As long as the frequency of the electrons is high enough to pass through the air, it shall be all good. No other structures would be needed.

In your earlier posts you claimed Machu Picchu was involved in this power scheme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

In your earlier posts you claimed Machu Picchu was involved in this power scheme.

You need to reread all my posts (there are not so many) and pay attention...

1 minute ago, kborissov said:

You need to reread all my posts (there are not so many) and pay attention...

This is what your wrote

There are a few ancient sites which are aligned in a band around the globe. As has been reported Giza Plateau, Machu Picchu, Ester Islands, etc. are aligned on narrow band of 200 miles wrapped around the Earth. The general consensus is that this alignment is coincidental. The band of light created over the globe passing though these sites could help explain this alignment. The Great Pyramid of Giza was used to create this band of light.

It's right from your original thread.......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Minor details, does not change the overall hypothesis. What's a few millennia in the grand scheme of things?:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just now, Jarocal said:

Minor details, does not change the overall hypothesis. What's a few millennia in the grand scheme of things?:rolleyes:

Nobody likes a smartass......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nobody likes a smartass......

I can't be too smart of an ass, I smack rocks with blunt objects and stack them for a living.:D

And not concurring with the OP's conjecture but I took the way he wrote it as the pyramid glow making thingamajig was just in Egypt. It provided enough power to ring the planet and all the sacred sites were built along that band. Which would imply it still operational when Machu Picchu was constructed (no earlier than 800ad). Or that the Greeks, Romans, Medes, Persians, Hebrews, or anyone else mentions the green glow.

Edited by Jarocal
Part of post disappeared like a co2 cold water geyser in the sahara

Just now, Jarocal said:

I can't be too smart of an ass, I smack rocks with blunt objects and stack them for a living.:D

And not concurring with the OP's conjecture but I took the way he wrote it as the pyramid glow making thingamajig was just in Egypt. It provided enough power to ring the planet and all the sacred sites were built along that band.

Don't remember seeing anything about a band of light in the Inca accounts. Last time I checked it was a "summer residence" to escape the begging and complaining GP.