Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Captain Risky

Woman suing over alleged big foot encounter

49 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Captain Risky

Woman suing state over alleged big foot encounter

A woman who says she spotted a sasquatch in the San Bernardino mountains has filed a lawsuit to prove it.

"He looked like a Neanderthal man with a lot of hair," Ackley told KABC's Rob McMillan. "About 800 pounds. I was trying to tell it to please not hurt us, and that's when he just stared at me."

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-suing-state-over-alleged-big-foot-encounter/703083588

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar

Now, let's see them serve the legal stuff on BF. What a waste of time lol

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

I don't quite understand this.

Why is she suing exactly?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija

:unsure:

I am disappointed in seaturtlehorsesnake for messing the poor guy around. One minute she's telling us she's marrying him, then it's all off, then it's back on and now she's suing the State because he approached her and their daughters presumably with a view to a visitation chat. Pull yourself together and (Sas)squash your craving for publicity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
1 hour ago, acute said:

I don't quite understand this.

Why is she suing exactly?

For not being warned that Bigfoot is in the area ........... I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sundew

California. Well, I'm shocked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly
11 minutes ago, Sundew said:

California. Well, I'm shocked. 

Exactly. 

I'm wondering...did this lady eat some lovely mushrooms prior to this 'encounter'...or perhaps ingest some other substance? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why not

I'm no believer in the big hairy dude but, if by some slim chance these things were roaming around the woods here in the good ole US of A , it would not surprise me in the least that our government would hide this from us. The hit the National Parks systems would take, not to mention the timber industries and many other business's would take.  Plus the sheer panic and law suits from family members who have lost loved ones out on state and government lands.

They would want to heard everyone into big cities. I would rather take my chances with a 10 foot tall beast then live in a big city. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Good thing bigfoot isn't real. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DirtyDocMartens
1 hour ago, Why not said:

I'm no believer in the big hairy dude but, if by some slim chance these things were roaming around the woods here in the good ole US of A , it would not surprise me in the least that our government would hide this from us. The hit the National Parks systems would take, not to mention the timber industries and many other business's would take.  Plus the sheer panic and law suits from family members who have lost loved ones out on state and government lands.

They would want to heard everyone into big cities. I would rather take my chances with a 10 foot tall beast then live in a big city. 

Are you kidding?  National parks would be overwhelmed by people wanting to see a Bigfoot. They would be turning people away by the thousands. Landowners would become millionaires. States could charge any tax for using forests they wanted and people would pay it. Bigfoot would generate millions and millions of dollars in revenues for everyone from convenience store owners to land barons.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UFOwatcher

I can't make anything out of her extremely short video other than a dark blob or shadow.  She figures it was 800 pounds while up in a tree...  That's some guessing...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Sure seems to me like she saw a bear and freaked out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldrover
1 hour ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Are you kidding?  National parks would be overwhelmed by people wanting to see a Bigfoot. They would be turning people away by the thousands. Landowners would become millionaires. States could charge any tax for using forests they wanted and people would pay it. Bigfoot would generate millions and millions of dollars in revenues for everyone from convenience store owners to land barons.

Plus, and this applies to when this argument is used to cover why we're not being told about other cryptids (which incidentally, don't exist either) the logging companies could make great capitol about how little impact their practices have made if we could still miss a whole species hiding out in the area they've been working in.  Extra $5 per yard for bigfoot friendly timber.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
2 hours ago, oldrover said:

  Extra $5 per yard for bigfoot friendly timber.  

OK I laughed out loud at that :D. Great :)))

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

I don't believe in Bigfoot, but I approve of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maureen_jacobs

Who is representing her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

How come these blobs always weigh 800 pounds? Maybe it weighs 363 kilos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
5 hours ago, Maureen_jacobs said:

Who is representing her?

prolly Johnnie Cochran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles

Is that really all the video she got?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shiloh

I burnt my marshmallow on the campfire. I'm suing, and I believe my chance to win in court will be the same as hers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mysticwerewolf

I hope she wins the lawsuit, ands I hope she makes something out of it, I would hate to think that she would have to pay the lawyers fees after she lost. It surprises me that she could even find a lawyer that would take the case. Lawyers in California must be desperate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO

Is it cheap to take lawsuits in the US. I am asking because this suggests its dirt cheap.

"Lets sue them for not telling ME a non existent animal was in the woods, after all what have I got to lose?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightScreams
3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Is it cheap to take lawsuits in the US. I am asking because this suggests its dirt cheap.

"Lets sue them for not telling ME a non existent animal was in the woods, after all what have I got to lose?

I know small claims court is cheap. I think she's trying to make a point more than anything else, that she called for help but just because she said it was Bigfoot, they laughed her off...realistically they probably should investigate any call for help regardless of what the caller thinks it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unfortunately

Yes. Let's sue over a creature that hasn't been proven to exist.

Next in line, Toothfairy!

Better watch your back Easter Bunny.

Here's looking at you Santa.

:lol:.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.