Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman suing over alleged big foot encounter

Unusual Tournament

10 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Is it cheap to take lawsuits in the US. I am asking because this suggests its dirt cheap.

No it is Not cheap to hire a lawyer here in the states but some lawyers will work on a No win No charge schedule and others don't.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

I hope she wins the lawsuit, ands I hope she makes something out of it, I would hate to think that she would have to pay the lawyers fees after she lost. It surprises me that she could even find a lawyer that would take the case. Lawyers in California must be desperate.

You hope she wins and doesn't have to pay anything?    That seems silly. 

• Like 1

I used to intern for a judge at my lcoal court house, we used to get crazies like this lady all the time. Its entertaining for a second then more of " oh, Ms. Andersons back again...."

• Like 1

Another local paper gives a more in-depth look. She is a long time squatcher and is looking for a day in court to present her evidence. I say bring it on.

I've spent a lot of time in those mountains between Wrightwood and Big Bear Lake. The climate is high desert and it's very steep and rugged in a lot of places. (never seen a Bigfoot)

Edited by Calibeliever

I'm really unclear as to what/who she is suing. What does she want to have happen? What damages is she trying to claim? I just don't understand. 

13 hours ago, Myles said:

You hope she wins and doesn't have to pay anything?    That seems silly. 

I'm tired of the various Government bodies stealing everything from the tax paying public that they can get. I hope she takes the government for all she can get, and I know how expensive lawyers can be.

On 2/18/2018 at 8:38 PM, acute said:

I don't quite understand this.

Why is she suing exactly?

i think she's suing cause she was ridiculed by the relevant government authorities when she reported the sighting. 

11 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

I'm tired of the various Government bodies stealing everything from the tax paying public that they can get. I hope she takes the government for all she can get, and I know how expensive lawyers can be.

So you want to charge the tax payers to pay a woman who thinks she seen a creature that doesn't exist?    That makes no sense. 

I guess you'd be rooting for me to win a lawsuit against the government for not recognizing leprechauns?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Myles said:

So you want to charge the tax payers to pay a woman who thinks she seen a creature that doesn't exist?    That makes no sense. 

I guess you'd be rooting for me to win a lawsuit against the government for not recognizing leprechauns?

the lawsuit against the government yes. the leprechauns I am not sure about. As to bigfoot, no comment, for a reason.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, DirtyDocMartens said:

Are you kidding?  National parks would be overwhelmed by people wanting to see a Bigfoot. They would be turning people away by the thousands. Landowners would become millionaires. States could charge any tax for using forests they wanted and people would pay it. Bigfoot would generate millions and millions of dollars in revenues for everyone from convenience store owners to land barons.

Well a species that is more intelligent than your average ape can be more elusive than any other creature on land, and I would assume with better senses than humans (smell/hearing/sight) can definitely be harder to find.  Especially, if people commonly mistake them for bears.   There are a few elusive animals across the world.  The stories and claims around the world makes it a bit harder not to believe that the possibility of existence is true rather than not at all.

• Aardvarks
  • Snow Leopards
  • Jaguars
  • Mountain Lions
  • Wolverines
  • Black-footed Ferrets
  • Giant Forest Hogs
  • Red Pandas (a great example as it is mistaken for a raccoon or bear)

A man can easily walk past the same area and ignore the animals, if they believe what they are walking by is something more commonly seen.  Governments are actually doing these species a favour if they just let them be ignored.  The last thing people with compassion want to see is a more intelligent animal locked up in a cage just for viewing pleasure. 

Perhaps its conclusive existence could cause issues within our own scientific understanding of humans, and pretending it doesn't exist keeps our textbooks as they are.

Food for thought.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2018 at 5:35 AM, Hammerclaw said:

How come these blobs always weigh 800 pounds? Maybe it weighs 363 kilos.

Don't think biggie has gone metric just yet

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 0:08 AM, Scorpius said:

Governments are actually doing these species a favour if they just let them be ignored.  The last thing people with compassion want to see is a more intelligent animal locked up in a cage just for viewing pleasure. 

The Gov doing species a favor....that's good LOL....

No. If nothing else convinced me they are not known to be out there, it is that we don't have any locked up for testing... not even in Area 51.

Consistent failure to persuade zoologists or anthropologists to investigate Sasquatch phenomena may be explained by the fact that most of the available evidence consists of eyewitness testimony, which scientists are not trained or accustomed to deal with. The professionals who are trained to evaluate testimony, and who take it very seriously, are lawyers. Since lawyers also dominate the political scene, where the purse strings of scientific research are held, the best way to achieve a scientific investigation may be to convince the lawyers first. To this end, a campaign for a judicial or legislative inquiry into the existing Sasquatch evidence is advocated.

Green, J. (1989). The Case for a Legal Inquiry into Sasquatch Evidence. Cryptozoology, 8, 37–42. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 1:09 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

The Gov doing species a favor....that's good LOL....

No. If nothing else convinced me they are not known to be out there, it is that we don't have any locked up for testing... not even in Area 51.

Obviously Area 51 is used to hide secret government Loch Ness Monsters. Duh.

• 2 weeks later...

California woman’s ‘Bigfoot is real!’ lawsuit has been dismissed for now

A lawsuit filed by a Crestline woman demanding that the state recognize the Sasquatch, aka “Bigfoot,” as an official species has been dismissed.

The court dismissed the case at the request of petitioner Claudia Ackley, on March 15, court records show.

Ackley said her attorneys advised her to drop the lawsuit she filed Jan. 18 in San Bernardino Superior Court against the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and the state Natural Resources Agency. She plans to refile the suit so it is compliant with the rules of the court. A hearing that was scheduled for Monday, March 19, was vacated by the judge.

“The attorneys wanted me to stop it and then for them to rewrite it,” Ackley said, adding that her attorneys told her if she had gone forward with her original filing, she would have been “eaten alive.”

In a March 17 Facebook post, Ackley informed her friends, “I only get one chance and I must do it correctly in order to proceed.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Night Walker said:

California woman’s ‘Bigfoot is real!’ lawsuit has been dismissed for now

A lawsuit filed by a Crestline woman demanding that the state recognize the Sasquatch, aka “Bigfoot,” as an official species has been dismissed.

The court dismissed the case at the request of petitioner Claudia Ackley, on March 15, court records show.

Ackley said her attorneys advised her to drop the lawsuit she filed Jan. 18 in San Bernardino Superior Court against the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and the state Natural Resources Agency. She plans to refile the suit so it is compliant with the rules of the court. A hearing that was scheduled for Monday, March 19, was vacated by the judge.

“The attorneys wanted me to stop it and then for them to rewrite it,” Ackley said, adding that her attorneys told her if she had gone forward with her original filing, she would have been “eaten alive.”

In a March 17 Facebook post, Ackley informed her friends, “I only get one chance and I must do it correctly in order to proceed.”

I really don't see how she has a case without physical evidence of it being real.   Imagine how crazy it would be if the state put up thousands of signs that read "Bigfoot territory.  Enter at your own risk".   

On 3/21/2018 at 11:44 PM, Myles said:

I really don't see how she has a case without physical evidence of it being real.   Imagine how crazy it would be if the state put up thousands of signs that read "Bigfoot territory.  Enter at your own risk".   

yeah, but what a great tourist idea and money spinner for the state. ;)

On 2/18/2018 at 9:00 PM, Maureen_jacobs said:

Who is representing her?

didn't you hear? nessie passed the bar last year...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, seymour glass said:

didn't you hear? nessie passed the bar last year...

I had no idea.  Thought it was “aliens”.

5 hours ago, Maureen_jacobs said:

Isn’t he dead?

come to think about it you're right but then again it shouldn't really matter since the chances of big foot hiring an attorney are pretty slim. :)

Edited by Captain Risky

Reply to DDMartin

The forest product industry has to be in the multi billion dollar range, these companies,CEO's etc probably donate lots of $$$ to the politicians, I think it is much to the benefit of the politico's to keep these creatures (if they exist) under wraps, its much easier for the politico's to hide private dollars,than to steal public tax dollars. yes pork barrel politics still run wild,but its the private money that the politicians want.. MHO