Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman suing over alleged big foot encounter

Unusual Tournament

Woman suing state over alleged big foot encounter

A woman who says she spotted a sasquatch in the San Bernardino mountains has filed a lawsuit to prove it.

"He looked like a Neanderthal man with a lot of hair," Ackley told KABC's Rob McMillan. "About 800 pounds. I was trying to tell it to please not hurt us, and that's when he just stared at me."

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-suing-state-over-alleged-big-foot-encounter/703083588

• Like 3

Now, let's see them serve the legal stuff on BF. What a waste of time lol

• Like 5

:unsure:

I am disappointed in seaturtlehorsesnake for messing the poor guy around. One minute she's telling us she's marrying him, then it's all off, then it's back on and now she's suing the State because he approached her and their daughters presumably with a view to a visitation chat. Pull yourself together and (Sas)squash your craving for publicity!

1 hour ago, acute said:

I don't quite understand this.

Why is she suing exactly?

For not being warned that Bigfoot is in the area ........... I think.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sundew said:

California. Well, I'm shocked. 

Exactly. 

I'm wondering...did this lady eat some lovely mushrooms prior to this 'encounter'...or perhaps ingest some other substance? 

• Like 4

I'm no believer in the big hairy dude but, if by some slim chance these things were roaming around the woods here in the good ole US of A , it would not surprise me in the least that our government would hide this from us. The hit the National Parks systems would take, not to mention the timber industries and many other business's would take.  Plus the sheer panic and law suits from family members who have lost loved ones out on state and government lands.

They would want to heard everyone into big cities. I would rather take my chances with a 10 foot tall beast then live in a big city. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Why not said:

I'm no believer in the big hairy dude but, if by some slim chance these things were roaming around the woods here in the good ole US of A , it would not surprise me in the least that our government would hide this from us. The hit the National Parks systems would take, not to mention the timber industries and many other business's would take.  Plus the sheer panic and law suits from family members who have lost loved ones out on state and government lands.

They would want to heard everyone into big cities. I would rather take my chances with a 10 foot tall beast then live in a big city. 

Are you kidding?  National parks would be overwhelmed by people wanting to see a Bigfoot. They would be turning people away by the thousands. Landowners would become millionaires. States could charge any tax for using forests they wanted and people would pay it. Bigfoot would generate millions and millions of dollars in revenues for everyone from convenience store owners to land barons.

• Like 4

I can't make anything out of her extremely short video other than a dark blob or shadow.  She figures it was 800 pounds while up in a tree...  That's some guessing...

• Like 1

Sure seems to me like she saw a bear and freaked out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Are you kidding?  National parks would be overwhelmed by people wanting to see a Bigfoot. They would be turning people away by the thousands. Landowners would become millionaires. States could charge any tax for using forests they wanted and people would pay it. Bigfoot would generate millions and millions of dollars in revenues for everyone from convenience store owners to land barons.

Plus, and this applies to when this argument is used to cover why we're not being told about other cryptids (which incidentally, don't exist either) the logging companies could make great capitol about how little impact their practices have made if we could still miss a whole species hiding out in the area they've been working in.  Extra $5 per yard for bigfoot friendly timber.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

Extra $5 per yard for bigfoot friendly timber.  

OK I laughed out loud at that :D. Great :)))

• Like 1

I don't believe in Bigfoot, but I approve of this.

How come these blobs always weigh 800 pounds? Maybe it weighs 363 kilos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maureen_jacobs said:

Who is representing her?

prolly Johnnie Cochran.

I hope she wins the lawsuit, ands I hope she makes something out of it, I would hate to think that she would have to pay the lawyers fees after she lost. It surprises me that she could even find a lawyer that would take the case. Lawyers in California must be desperate.

• Like 1

Is it cheap to take lawsuits in the US. I am asking because this suggests its dirt cheap.

"Lets sue them for not telling ME a non existent animal was in the woods, after all what have I got to lose?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Is it cheap to take lawsuits in the US. I am asking because this suggests its dirt cheap.

"Lets sue them for not telling ME a non existent animal was in the woods, after all what have I got to lose?

I know small claims court is cheap. I think she's trying to make a point more than anything else, that she called for help but just because she said it was Bigfoot, they laughed her off...realistically they probably should investigate any call for help regardless of what the caller thinks it is.

• Like 1

Yes. Let's sue over a creature that hasn't been proven to exist.

Next in line, Toothfairy!

Better watch your back Easter Bunny.

Here's looking at you Santa.

:lol:.

• Like 3