Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'100,000 orangutans' killed

seeder

what  the hell is wrong with people?

'100,000 orangutans' killed in 16 years

More than 100,000 Critically Endangered orangutans have been killed in Borneo since 1999, research has revealed.

Scientists who carried out a 16-year survey on the island described the figure as "mind-boggling".

Deforestation, driven by logging, oil palm, mining and paper mills, continues to be the main culprit.

But the research, published in the journal Current Biology, also revealed that animals were "disappearing" from areas that remained forested.

This implied large numbers of orangutans were simply being slaughtered, said lead researcher Maria Voigt of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42994630

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seeder

• Still Waters

• and-then

• Sir Smoke aLot

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush meat??

1 hour ago, and then said:

Bush meat??

heck of a lot if so....isnt it?

I was shocked when i actually did some short project for school to help my cousin. It was about monkeys. Youtube for example, well, for every good video about  monkeys there are at least two where something bad is happening to those animals.

One comment in Youtube comment section totally shocked me. Video was about monkey 'training' ( which is actually nothing about training, just pure brutality - like taming wild horse but ten times more cruel because of physical pain ) and there 'trainer' was 'teaching' him to stand on two feet... Comment on Youtube was ( one among dozens of similar comments ) : '' I would be pleased if you used police shocker on it while it stands in pain! '' or '' Yeah, kill them they are devils creatures God want's us to kill them! ''.

Many people enjoy to beat them, to be cruel to them... I just wish i wasn't looking at all those videos... Laboratories experiments and beating up, coconut farming... My advice, do not go there guys. Maybe even the most basic medicine techniques would not advance if thousands of monkeys weren't murdered and tortured, after all is it like 98% of their DNA is said to be similar or same to ours. Monkeys got blessed this do not surprise me at all.

Already posted, sorry.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked