Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My son saw a ghost today of me

Rainyday24

I was sitting on the couch today and my son stopped in the hallway in shock. He said mom I just seen a spirit but she looked like you and was wearing what you have on today. We are used to spirits . They have become a way of my life and are around me all the time. I have to sleep with a light on at night because they will continuously try to wake me up if I'm in total darkness. I really would not have thought much about him seeing the spirit today if we had not had an incident like this in July of last year. In July, I came home from work one morning and my son told me that a spirit looked just like his little brother and was playing all night long keeping him up . That seemed odd and I was wondering at first why this spirit child was showing himself as my youngest 8 year old son. I prayed over my ten year old son that night and asked for protection from this spirit. That night we slept and around 3 am my ten year old came into the bedroom and stood by my bed. The little boy looked like my 8 year old was standing beside him. He was happy and bouncy . I was exhausted so I told my ten year old to go back to bed . I asked him the next morning why were you up with your brother in the middle of the night? He looked at me oh momma you seen him too. My 8 year old was never awake. My 8 year old was hit by a car the next week . My son was injured but lived. We never seen that little boy again. I do find it concerning that he seen a spirit of me today. Has anyone else been through anything like this ?

Hi rainy, welcome to UM.

What did he see you doing exactly? This was today this happened?

There is nothing to be concerned about, I have seen this before, yeah, and it will be ok. I just am missing a bit for a clear picture of what happened. Thanks.

• Like 1

I believe these are just "doppleganger" spirits (possibly poltergeists disguising themselves for fun??. I'm not sure at all just my guess), my brother has seen one of my mum before, "she" walked down the hallway into the kitchen and out to the backyard (it was about 11pm when it happened).

He has also seen one of me before out the back, walking from 1 side of the house to the other heading towards my room, once again it was dark out.

The first time (he saw my mum) me and my mum were on the couch watching TV (he walked right past us). Second time I was upstairs when he saw "me" outside. Both times the entity was wearing the same clothes we had on at the time.

I honestly have no idea what he saw, maybe it was something malicious trying to lure him outside as both time it happened it was at night and he would have been alone out there, maybe it was just a trickster/poltergeist.

If I remember correctly he was probably around the age of your son the first time and then a few years older the second time.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

I believe these are just "doppleganger" spirits (possibly poltergeists disguising themselves for fun??. I'm not sure at all just my guess), my brother has seen one of my mum before, "she" walked down the hallway into the kitchen and out to the backyard (it was about 11pm when it happened).

He has also seen one of me before out the back, walking from 1 side of the house to the other heading towards my room, once again it was dark out.

The first time (he saw my mum) me and my mum were on the couch watching TV (he walked right past us). Second time I was upstairs when he saw "me" outside. Both times the entity was wearing the same clothes we had on at the time.

I honestly have no idea what he saw, maybe it was something malicious trying to lure him outside as both time it happened it was at night and he would have been alone out there, maybe it was just a trickster/poltergeist.

If I remember correctly he was probably around the age of your son the first time and then a few years older the second time.

Earthbound spirits are all liars and they are earthbound for a reason. They often appear what they are not. It is more to attach themselves to the living than for fun. Another explanation is some people can create "thought forms" of themselves. Sometimes when sleeping. 

• Like 3

Err so people now have spirit versions of themselves before they die? Well that's a new one on me.

3 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Err so people now have spirit versions of themselves before they die? Well that's a new one on me.

No, not always before they die, sometimes people see doppelgangers and do not die. I am still alive thirty years later, and it was not just me that saw it. Another thing, its not always just a body or face- in my case it was the same car I was driving, the driver and the passenger that were identical to me and my passenger. The car was headed the direction we had just come from. It was the first time in years I had seen the same model car I was in, much less the identical color scheme.

The world is stranger than most will ever fathom. And those that experience these bizarre events rarely share because of ridicule from people who are so skeptical and critical that it cripples the desire to spread the knowledge of paranormal intellect.

Not everyone lies for attention, not everyone fantasizes about paranormal topics.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, CHILDRESS said:

Not everyone lies for attention, not everyone fantasizes about paranormal topics.

Very true and yet without a skeptics eye we would all be chasing our own behinds down the rabbit hole.

I'm fascinated by the paranormal but mostly these events turn out to be something normal and explicable. What is a person to do? 

45 minutes ago, CHILDRESS said:

The world is stranger than most will ever fathom. And those that experience these bizarre events rarely share because of ridicule from people who are so skeptical and critical that it cripples the desire to spread the knowledge of paranormal intellect.

People shouldn't be put off by disbelief. It is critical to us all that people question things and look for answers. What should someone like myself do exactly? I'm looking for some evidence beyond a story and now I'm being told ghosts aren't just dead people but also alive people!

Sometimes, given the amount of paranormal activity some experience, it makes me wonder how I don't trip over a bag of leprechauns every time I go to the shop and yet...nothing.

No offence to the OP or anyone else but these days I need more than words to believe something exists. Too many lies have already been told for me to take all of these events at face value.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

I'm fascinated by the paranormal but mostly these events turn out to be something normal and explicable. 

I don't agree with that above statement myself. It seems tp me closer to 95% seem inexplicable and about 90% end unproven or unprovable either way. Very rarely do I see an absolutely certain conclusion ever figured out. Usually, it just ends with two sides favoring different possibilities has been my observation of what occurs.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't agree with that above statement myself. It seems tp me closer to 95% seem inexplicable and about 90% end unproven or unprovable either way. Very rarely do I see an absolutely certain conclusion ever figured out. Usually, it just ends with two sides favoring different possibilities has been my observation of what occurs.

I know, we've been over our stances many times :).  We agree to disagree on this point.

1 minute ago, I'mConvinced said:

I know, we've been over our stances many times :).  We agree to disagree on this point.

But this point is not actually an opinion but a logical point.

If no explanation can be proven correct and two intelligent sides disagree on what is most likely, then it is an error of logic to say it turned out to be anything. It is just an Unexplaed Mystery.

56 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But this point is not actually an opinion but a logical point.

If no explanation can be proven correct and two intelligent sides disagree on what is most likely, then it is an error of logic to say it turned out to be anything. It is just an Unexplaed Mystery.

I disagree. If a normal explanation exists then it is far more likely to be true than a paranormal one.

Our definitions of an 'event' or a piece of 'evidence' is part of the problem discussing this. Your view is already coloured by a belief in ghosts, I'm looking for proof without knowing if they exist or not. 

When you see a ghostly monk, I see a dark shape. In that case when I investigated further it was obvious, from other pictures and the dubious sources for the article, that it was actually an alcove in a wall captured from a funny angle. To me the case is solved, to you the jury is still out. Your wish to fit evidence to a pre-existing narrative makes me unable to trust your judgement.

2 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

When you see a ghostly monk, I see a dark shape. In that case when I investigated further it was obvious, from other pictures and the dubious sources for the article, that it was actually an alcove in a wall captured from a funny angle. To me the case is solved, to you the jury is still out. Your wish to fit evidence to a pre-existing narrative makes me unable to trust your judgement.

But, but, you never showed me a monk shaped alcove in that area.  You just claimed it was there without evidence. And those from the scene claimed it wasn't there.

You were right in the first place saying we have done this discussion before. Let's drop it until next time.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

But, but, you never showed me a monk shaped alcove in that area.

But, but, I did show you a dark alcove in the exact area. You're correct that I couldn't, without visiting, get an exact replica of their photo from their perspective, yet I could see what it was they captured. They also didn't produce a comparison shot of the area they claimed to have...

Let's leave it as you say.

20 hours ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

My wife saw one of her sister and had an entire conversation with her..meanwhile her real sister was with her b/f all night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NightScreams said:

My wife saw one of her sister and had an entire conversation with her..meanwhile her real sister was with her b/f all night.

Wow, the times my brother had his incidents. They didn't even acknowledge my brother.

Couldn't imagine talking to someone you thought was your sister and having find out that it wasn't. Could be something like sub-conscious astral projection or something. Honestly it's the most "unexplained" (using either natural or supernatural explainations) event that I can even think of happening

36 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Couldn't imagine talking to someone you thought was your sister and having find out that it wasn't. 

I am thinking it may still be a part of that sister. She may have energy for two experiences for reasons.

19 hours ago, NightScreams said:

Now, this is really trippy! I have not experienced dopps speaking, as in just chatting with you like that, so this is interesting to hear about. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Now, this is really trippy! I have not experienced dopps speaking, as in just chatting with you like that, so this is interesting to hear about. Thanks.

It may be something that happens more than people realize if they aren't paying enough attention. The question is, if we say for the sake of argument that dopps are true/exist then how is this possible but all I can refer to is what science calls bi-location. Or as Einstein mentioned, that you can be in 2 different states at the same time. The proof is that basically scientists made a machine that consisted of a tiny metal paddle made of semiconductor material just visible to the naked eye. By supercooling the device to just above absolute zero (minus 273C), then raising its energy by a single quantum, they made it vibrate by getting thicker and thinner at a frequency of some 6 billion times a second, producing a detectable electric current. They even managed to get it to vibrate in two energy states at once, both a lot and a little. They still have yet to get it to be in 2 places at once but at least for a first step in simplest of quantum motion..it's a start.

"Quantum theory dictates that a very tiny thing can absorb energy only in discrete amounts, can never sit perfectly still, and can literally be in two places at once,"

So from that any hypothesis on how a double would be temporarily created, how it's position in space is determined is to make quite a leap in assuming many things. Bilocation is often explained from spiritualists and mediums. They explain it that it happens when one’s astral body detaches itself from the physical body and travels elsewhere. The astral body is sometimes called the “desire body” because it travels where it desires to be, although the person may not be aware of it.

The Astral body is best explained by Stuart Hameroff (co-creator of Orch-OR theory) by saying an after life is scientifically possible in that consciousness from the quantum bits in microtubules inside neurons can leak or dissipate into the universe, still held together through quantum entanglement at the Planck Scale....along with some other complicated stuff. Hameroff is one of the few people willing to go out on a limb and stand by it as he has challenged his critics to debate him but none of them actually do. I take that to mean they're insecure in their understanding of how the brain works. You may also enjoy a book titled "the cosmic veil" the author posits his own scientific theory into how the paranormal works which is a stigma for scientists to study simply because they rely entirely on funding for their research and the stigma over the decades has caused most of them to shy away from such topics despite the fact that it may hold the missing fundamentals they need to complete their theories on understanding the universe

Here's another story of bilocation you may find interesting. "A case of bilocation happened to Vivian, an audit clerk in a rubber shoe manufacturing company I (not me but the author of this story) used to work in. One Saturday, she stayed home and did not report for work because she was not feeling well. However, at least three coworkers and two supervisors swore they saw her in the factory that day and even answered a question asked by one of them concerning the whereabouts of a chemical compound."

I haven't tried to verify any truth to the story or where it originates but there are quite a few stories of dopplegangers.

Edited by NightScreams
clarify
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NightScreams said:

It may be something that happens more than people realize if they aren't paying enough attention. 

Man, this makes so much sense LOL. I mean if you don't know it is a double you are talking with, why even wonder? We may do it more than we realize :)

• 6 months later...
On 2/18/2018 at 11:20 PM, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

my mother saw my dopplegänger in the backyard too once. it was in the daytime tho. i hadn't been back there all day.

On 2018-02-20 at 1:44 AM, NightScreams said:

Would be great if you could hire one so you dont have to go to work :-)

On 2/20/2018 at 8:09 PM, NightScreams said:

about vivian. i think it's true. i had something like that happen to me. back in the '80s i sang in the choir at church and we sang at the 11 a.m. service that Sunday. the choir director kept insisting he saw me in the congregation at the 8 a.m. service. i kept telling him he was wrong. i wondered if it was my doppelganger.

I think we are seeing with the internet that the quantity, quality and consistency of doppelganger stories are out there. There are always the seemingly well attested to historical cases.

It seems in these cases that if someone has intense thoughts about being somewhere others can see them there. What a universe!!

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and two friends of mine, who were brothers, were on holiday in France back in the 90s. When we got home their mother said that she saw the eldest brother come in the front door and go upstairs a few days before we got home. She called to him and asked why he was back from holiday early and went upstairs to talk to him. Of course there was nobody there but she was adamant that she saw him.