Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
tommytolland

Day repeated itself

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

tommytolland

*need help*

Hi so basically on Friday i woke up late around 7.10 and my bus is at 8, i had a quick shower and had my cereal coco pops, finishing the box (which is vital) then left my house, im 18 and live alone as im a student. I took the bus and got in class just on the nick of time then went out with friends after class around 5 because i had met my friend nikki and she had asked. I met the rest of our friends at the centre of the city, i live in Glasgow, Scotland and the city is quite big, we met in george square. so we went out then the night got gradually more chaotic. There were arguments at a pub we were at so me and a few friends went to a club called garage. while in there i got like blackout drunk and was upset because i get like that when im drunk and i ran into the toilets and mustve fell asleep or something and then woke up the next morning in bed. I woke up feeling as though my friend would have been there because its a saturday or would have been, there was nobody there so i check my phone realising the time and date, the same as yesterday, Friday, 7.10, at this point im really confused cos i feel horrible and dont get what is going on so i get a shower and then go to get breakfast and the coco pops are still there with just enough for one more bowl, i leave get the bus and get in class in the nick of time, and when im there the day drags in till 5 with evrything and i mean everything happening the way it did the day before, at this point i started to freak out like majorly and had to go to the bathroom then when i left to walk to the bus stop i never met my friend because i didnt bump into her which cslmed cos then i thought i just had a weird dream and that feeling when you cant pin it all day. i get the bus home and on the way home i get a text from nikki saying went to class to meet you but u werent there a few of us are heading to town tonight if u wanna come. at this point i start to panic again and it almost like that butterfly effect where i hadnt met her becuase i was in the bathroom had changed the day or something. anyway i go home and go to bed early becuase i feel faint and then i wake up and its saturday and my body has slept in till like 12 so i dont get why i only repeated that one day?? i havent tol anyone about this but i legit am freaking out all the time incase it happens again and i dont know if it has an explanation but i need one to sleep better at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Lilly

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, tommytolland said:

*need help*

I have to wonder if something tragic happened that Friday night when you were blacked-out drunk and somehow the universe or something in the universe took you or some helpers pleading and gave you a do-over.

I know this makes no sense in our normal understanding of reality, but I have  come to believe our normal understanding is vastly incomplete.

Again, this is just me wondering.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave123
6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I have to wonder if something tragic happened that Friday night when you were blacked-out drunk and somehow the universe or something in the universe took you or some helpers pleading and gave you a do-over.

I know this makes no sense in our normal understanding of reality, but I have  come to believe our normal understanding is vastly incomplete.

Again, this is just me wondering.

I have had a similar experience, it was my first post here. I didn’t repeat the day but had some not logical happenings after my blackout. It even got weirder the more I investigated it. I even looked online and saw this type of experiences are not very uncommon after blackouts. Don’t know what it is, your suggestion is one of the options, others say our consciousness are pillars of our universe and when alcohol or other substances block our mind then there is sort of a reboot or confusion which has an effect on our reality. 

In all these cases the person doesn’t remember how he/she got home, and also no one else was there to confirm what happened either. Then strange things happen, reality glitches, they remember something happened when it actually never happened in the past, or a friend of them never even been their friend, etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333

I'm only posting this because I care, but you're only 18 so why are you getting drunk till you black-out?  Do you do this often?  If you keep this up you're either going to wind up dead, or you will wind up in a nursing home where you will have to be bathed, have your diaper changed and be fed due to the fact you drowned your brain cells with booze and can't function.  What a shame.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
10 hours ago, Dave123 said:

reality glitches

It's not reality glitching. It's cognitive functions that glitch. Some people live their lives on auto pilot, barely conscious of anything around them. 

https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm

Difficulty walking, blurred vision, slurred speech, slowed reaction times, impaired memory: Clearly, alcohol affects the brain. Some of these impairments are detectable after only one or two drinks and quickly resolve when drinking stops. On the other hand, a person who drinks heavily over a long period of time may have brain deficits that persist well after he or she achieves sobriety. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tyrant lizard
7 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

I'm only posting this because I care, but you're only 18 so why are you getting drunk till you black-out?  Do you do this often?  If you keep this up you're either going to wind up dead, or you will wind up in a nursing home where you will have to be bathed, have your diaper changed and be fed due to the fact you drowned your brain cells with booze and can't function.  What a shame.

That's bit extreme Don't you think.

 

It's fairly normal where I'm from for 18 year olds to get blind drunk - in fact, in homage to the OP, every Friday and Saturday night is like Groundhog Day up the town centre

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 hours ago, tyrant lizard said:

That's bit extreme Don't you think.

 

It's fairly normal where I'm from for 18 year olds to get blind drunk - in fact, in homage to the OP, every Friday and Saturday night is like Groundhog Day up the town centre

The brain damage involved in such habitual substance abuse is no laughing matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandy333
3 hours ago, tyrant lizard said:

That's bit extreme Don't you think.

 

It's fairly normal where I'm from for 18 year olds to get blind drunk - in fact, in homage to the OP, every Friday and Saturday night is like Groundhog Day up the town centre

No, in fact it is not extreme.   Once a lot of brain cells are gone, they're gone.   Nursing homes and State hospitals include populations of people, young and older, who repeatedly abused their bodies with alcohol and drugs.   Now they must depend on others for all their care due to brain damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar

Well, I think it is true that heavy drinking is common enough for young adults of both sexes. My heaviest phase was from about 17 to 21 or so before I wised up. One of those bad nights clinging to the commode and thinking seriously I could die and saying "God just let me live through this and I won't be this stupid again".

I lived. I did do it once more but was so disgusted with myself even while I was laying there with one foot on the floor to stop the spinning that that really was the last time I got that drunk. Passed out woke up and chose to get off that behavioral roadway for me. Not all my friends did, though, and none of them ended in places that seemed right for the kids I once knew and their potentials then, but that is my opinion. 

Just try to be your own best friend while growing up and having fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman

Anybody who hasn't been blackout drunk at least once in their life is missing out on the best unexplained mystery of all.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utd8799
12 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

No, in fact it is not extreme.   Once a lot of brain cells are gone, they're gone.   Nursing homes and State hospitals include populations of people, young and older, who repeatedly abused their bodies with alcohol and drugs.   Now they must depend on others for all their care due to brain damage.

Actually, you are being very extreme. You're telling an 18 year old College student that they're going to end up in a Nursing home incontinent and having to be fed after them telling you about getting drunk one night. That is extreme.

And you're not even telling the truth "Once a lot of brain cells are gone, they're gone." That simply isn't true, do you have any clue how much and how for long, on a completely consistent basis, your average person would have to drink to suffer from irreparable brain damage to such an extent that they could no longer control their bladder, bowel movements and be able to feed themselves? Because it's a hell of a lot and for a hell of a long time. Full blown alcoholics brains go back to normal levels of funcitionality after only a couple of weeks through nothing more than sobriety.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave123
39 minutes ago, Utd8799 said:

Actually, you are being very extreme. You're telling an 18 year old College student that they're going to end up in a Nursing home incontinent and having to be fed after them telling you about getting drunk one night. That is extreme.

And you're not even telling the truth "Once a lot of brain cells are gone, they're gone." That simply isn't true, do you have any clue how much and how for long, on a completely consistent basis, your average person would have to drink to suffer from irreparable brain damage to such an extent that they could no longer control their bladder, bowel movements and be able to feed themselves? Because it's a hell of a lot and for a hell of a long time. Full blown alcoholics brains go back to normal levels of funcitionality after only a couple of weeks through nothing more than sobriety.

True. Actually my dad had been a heavy alcoholic for 30 yrs drinking every day, having at least two blackouts a month. Now he stopped drinking almost 2 yrs ago, and we could see the difference after only a few months being sober. And after almost 2 yrs he is like a normal person, no need for a nurse to look after him. 

Yes alcohol is dangerous, but more in the sense of doing something stupid while drunk (like driving). 

Let’s face it, we have all been out with friends at the age of 18 not knowing when to stop. This kid didn’t ask you for judgement but for answers to what happened to him after a night out, if it was paranormal to live a day twice. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I guess you didn't read the link I supplied. Honestly, I could care less if the kid frys his brain and destroys his internal organs with habitual black out drinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utd8799
18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I guess you didn't read the link I supplied. Honestly, I could care less if the kid frys his brain and destroys his internal organs with habitual black out drinking. 

Yes but he's on a forum called "unexplained mysteries", not "substance misuse", if there is any truth to his story then that is not alcohol-related memory loss or effects on the brain. If he's telling the truth he woke up on the same day again and went to class. If he was still feeling the effects from the night before he would've jumped on the bus, gone to class out of routine, feeling a bit rough around the edges, got to class only to find that class wasn't on because it was Saturday and he hadn't realised. He claims he went through the whole friday again. So, only options are :

1. He's got such a serious drinking problem he managed to drink his way through to the following Friday, woke up after his week long binge and went through his usual Friday routine, only a week later, as he sobers up throughout the day he starts to freak out.

2. He's telling the truth and it's just plain weird.

3. The user has just made it up. Probably the most likely considering the circumstances, new member, first post, hasn't come back to see what anyone has said or talk about it further. A few red flags there.

Whatever the case may be, telling someone that they're going to end up in a nursing home in diapers and being spoon fed, as brandy did, because they mention a heavy night out is a bit of a ridiculous response on a paranormal forum!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

At most this is just a case of false memory due to being black out drunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221
16 hours ago, moonman said:

Anybody who hasn't been blackout drunk at least once in their life is missing out on the best unexplained mystery of all.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been just half cut let alone blackout drunk now and for most of my life I don't touch alcohol at tall, I've lost some good friends because of alcohol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dave123
8 hours ago, Utd8799 said:

Yes but he's on a forum called "unexplained mysteries", not "substance misuse", if there is any truth to his story then that is not alcohol-related memory loss or effects on the brain. If he's telling the truth he woke up on the same day again and went to class. If he was still feeling the effects from the night before he would've jumped on the bus, gone to class out of routine, feeling a bit rough around the edges, got to class only to find that class wasn't on because it was Saturday and he hadn't realised. He claims he went through the whole friday again. So, only options are :

1. He's got such a serious drinking problem he managed to drink his way through to the following Friday, woke up after his week long binge and went through his usual Friday routine, only a week later, as he sobers up throughout the day he starts to freak out.

2. He's telling the truth and it's just plain weird.

3. The user has just made it up. Probably the most likely considering the circumstances, new member, first post, hasn't come back to see what anyone has said or talk about it further. A few red flags there.

Whatever the case may be, telling someone that they're going to end up in a nursing home in diapers and being spoon fed, as brandy did, because they mention a heavy night out is a bit of a ridiculous response on a paranormal forum!

 

You are right. I think this case should be closed. The OP doesn’t even bother coming back to it, so why should we care? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.