Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Windows 10 freebies

Not A Rockstar

I am slowly finding things I like about Win 10. I still miss my old Win 7 system though. Still, I am a visual sort and I have to love a few of the new FREE themes coming out on the Store.

I love dragons and so you know Chinese New Year is one of my favorite things! The theme for that is really awesome and I have it on my new laptop right now. It is called Celebrate Lunar New Year.

Another great one if you love Japan like I do (I spent my childhood there) is Cherry Blossoms, a stunning collection of cherry blossoms and scenes that mean Spring classically to me.

What are some free things for win 10 that you like?

• Like 1

Just what I was thinking. I had a laptope which had Windows X briefly, but I didn't get on with it so I gave it back. 

3 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Another great one if you love Japan like I do (I spent my childhood there) is Cherry Blossoms, a stunning collection of cherry blossoms and scenes that mean Spring classically to me.

I miss her and will never see her again. I'm on the "no fly" list now My old friend....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rashore said:

Is Win 10 Windows 10 or Win 10 system or something? The title is awesome, but kind of clickbait as is, lol.

Not into clickbaiting. Can you make it say windows instead of win please? I always heard it called win 10. No effort to deceive anyone.

Launchbox and Dosbox

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

2018 is the Year of the Dog!  n020.gif

I was born in the Year of the Dragon...but I think I still like Year of the Dog the best. 

Now a theme for Year of The Dog might be fun to see :). I think I am a pig or something impressive like that which is prolly why I never got into Chinese astrology LOL.

1 minute ago, NightScreams said:

Launchbox and Dosbox

what do these do, NS? My one real grief over this windows 10 is that no matter what they say some of my games no longer run under it. Might either of those help with that? Mind you these are not DoS. They ran fine under 7. 8 even. I assume dosbox allows for running dos programs inside it?

I wish I could be more helpful, but my laptop came with 10 installed, I've had it about 2 years now.

I muted everything. No games, no frills at all.

The only advice I can give is you are asked to "Upgrade Windows 10" I wouldn't make the same mistake I did.

I bit on it and regretted it big time.

It took about 2 hours to download. That was the easy part. The upgrade slowed it down greatly. All of my preferences need to be reset after that. I hated it. I found where I could go back to an earlier version and couldn't click it fast enough. (I will add I'm on a fast connection)

Wouldn't you know it, 4 1/2 hours later it finally finished! :angry:

Even then I had lots of work to get back to where I was before the "upgrade"

Having said all that, I'm happy now with it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Not into clickbaiting. Can you make it say windows instead of win please? I always heard it called win 10. No effort to deceive anyone.

Yeah, was pretty sure you didn't mean it in a clickbait way. I asked because I don't use windows and wasn't sure what a better title would be. I changed it to read "Windows 10 Freebies".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I wish I could be more helpful, but my laptop came with 10 installed, I've had it about 2 years now.

I muted everything. No games, no frills at all.

Yeah I tried the upgrade back in the day and it would go through all that for hours as you describe then hang at 99%. Lucky save it turns out. But got this new laptop for Christmas and it is win 10. I really wish MS would realize that there are some of us out here who do not have smart phones and all the edge of high tech in our heirarchy  of needs. I want to surf, post, listen to music, play a few old favorite games and write offline. I do not need over half this trash slowing my little lappie down.

But, you are exactly right. That upgrade was that bad and that much of an ordeal Z man :). You exaggerated nothing.

• Like 1