Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Connecting with Guides?

ZooeyMcdonald

I have a question that's been bothering me for weeks that nobody in my physical life can answer without me stirring up family drama or being deemed as crazy. So I turned to my Guides for signs/answers, I have received some but they aren't clear or I can't interpretate them well. I'm new to this so I haven't been in contact with my Guides for long, only a few months. But I would be so grateful to get a clear yes or no answer to my question but I'm not sure how to go about it. What are some methods to communicate with Guides? Other than using a pendulum.

• Like 2

Hi Zooey

To be honest I just pray.

With sincerity and gratitude, I ask for guidance and I recieve it. 

Having a peaceful heart, an open mind and good intentions seems to be enough..

Try it and let us know how it went?

For example, you might ask how best to answer this post, with the above in mind, and then just relax into the moment. Normally the answer comes within a few moments..

Good luck!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hi Zooey

To be honest I just pray.

With sincerity and gratitude, I ask for guidance and I recieve it. 

Having a peaceful heart, an open mind and good intentions seems to be enough..

Try it and let us know how it went?

For example, you might ask how best to answer this post, with the above in mind, and then just relax into the moment. Normally the answer comes within a few moments..

Good luck!!!

I asked for a specific sign today and I'm not sure if what happened was a sign or not so I'm kinda overthinking it :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

I asked for a specific sign today and I'm not sure if what happened was a sign or not so I'm kinda overthinking it :(

Im no expert but, perhaps asking for a specific sign to begin with is a little too much? I have spent the last 15 yrs looking at cause and effect, and the latest insight was this, that every time I eat chilli, my anger levels rise. So I looked this up on the net and apparently I am what is known as a sanguine person, who should eat "cooler" foods!

The point is, just try different things and see what works for you. The stuff that you are naturally attracted to, will probably work best. With prayer, I ask for guidance and I recieve it. And so my faith and beliefs are growing exponentially in a natural way.. Who knows where this may lead.....?

Without more detail, its kinda difficult to say much more.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Im no expert but, perhaps asking for a specific sign to begin with is a little too much? I have spent the last 15 yrs looking at cause and effect, and the latest insight was this, that every time I eat chilli, my anger levels rise. So I looked this up on the net and apparently I am what is known as a sanguine person, who should eat "cooler" foods!

The point is, just try different things and see what works for you. The stuff that you are naturally attracted to, will probably work best. With prayer, I ask for guidance and I recieve it. And so my faith and beliefs are growing exponentially in a natural way.. Who knows where this may lead.....?

Without more detail, its kinda difficult to say much more.

Okay, do you recommend any specific prayer or just talk from my heart?

• Like 1

Just now, ZooeyMcdonald said:

Okay, do you recommend any specific prayer or just talk from my heart?

Its not either, or, but for now I would suggest something from the heart.

Think on something that you could use a little guidance on, then with a sincerity born of gratitude, ask for guidance. Go over the "issue" in your prayer, and just ask nicely lol..

For me, the moment I stop thinking directly about the prayer and what Ive been asking for - then it comes quite quickly. But I have been doing this for awhile.. Maybe I am a little more tuned- in, or maybe you are a natural?

If you can add a little emotion, some urgency, that may help?

• Like 1

I just like to make a general point about dabbling in occult matters. I think it's fine if you are personally guided by the higher ideals of love, compassion, kindness etc, but if not, you may be opening yourself up to some nasty experiences...

Have a nice day!

Lolz 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its not either, or, but for now I would suggest something from the heart.

Think on something that you could use a little guidance on, then with a sincerity born of gratitude, ask for guidance. Go over the "issue" in your prayer, and just ask nicely lol..

For me, the moment I stop thinking directly about the prayer and what Ive been asking for - then it comes quite quickly. But I have been doing this for awhile.. Maybe I am a little more tuned- in, or maybe you are a natural?

If you can add a little emotion, some urgency, that may help?

I think that maybe where I go wrong with it, I tend to think about my question 24/7 and it's constantly on my mind..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

I think that maybe where I go wrong with it, I tend to think about my question 24/7 and it's constantly on my mind..

I have heard it said that obsession is one step away from possession, as in demonic..

Im not talking about you Zooey, just making a general point.

Just pray and ask for guidance, for help, I honestly believe that God helps those who help themselves, so perhaps some kind of auto-suggestion like, "I will ponder and regard every aspect of ..........." and repeat.

Something other than is what is constantly on your mind now. Again, choose something that appeals to you, something you wouldnt mind pondering, something worthwhile, uplifting and wholesome...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I have heard it said that obsession is one step away from possession, as in demonic..

Im not talking about you Zooey, just making a general point.

Just pray and ask for guidance, for help, I honestly believe that God helps those who help themselves, so perhaps some kind of auto-suggestion like, "I will ponder and regard every aspect of ..........." and repeat.

Something other than is what is constantly on your mind now. Again, choose something that appeals to you, something you wouldnt mind pondering, something worthwhile, uplifting and wholesome...

Okay, thank you so much for your advice 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

I have a question that's been bothering me for weeks that nobody in my physical life can answer without me stirring up family drama or being deemed as crazy. So I turned to my Guides for signs/answers, I have received some but they aren't clear or I can't interpretate them well. I'm new to this so I haven't been in contact with my Guides for long, only a few months. But I would be so grateful to get a clear yes or no answer to my question but I'm not sure how to go about it. What are some methods to communicate with Guides? Other than using a pendulum.

Welcome to UM Zooey :st

Coming from my own point of view here. Keep in mind that sometimes things just aren't going to be clear, there may not be a yes or no answer. It's not really how guides work. Guides are supposed to be guiding, not giving all the clear path answers. Perhaps you seem to have muddy waters is because that's all there is on their side, and you need to make it a clear thing on your own from there.

The pendulum is one of the few straight up yes/no divination tools out there. Most other methods are a bit more complex or ambiguous in the delivery.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

Guides can come to you if you meditate with no thoughts or emotions to a level of nothingness. Once you're at that level, you focus on a guide to answer. 

Crazy Horse presented a good method too. 

• Like 1

If prayer actually worked, I would have been dead decades ago. I have known and still know many, many religious people who actually glorify the idea of punishment and eternal torture (HELL).

If you want to connect with your guides, let them come to you. Being receptive to your higher self for growth and development is not the same as asking a deity to intercede on your behalf. What if your prayer meant that a person you love had to die for your prayer to be answered. Would you still say the prayer if you knew that for it to be answered a stranger would die, or suffer a fate worse than death- even though you would never know of the pain your prayer caused someone? I guess that is the big question, because in a way, prayer is just a means of justifying selfish ideals. And as horrible as this may sound, being selfish for the purpose of existing comfortably is perfectly acceptable- even if it means the discomfort or pain of others, as long as I get mine. Think about where bacon or steak comes from.

If you want to know if your in the right place, at the right time, you must pay attention to subtle clues. A song on the radio, a smell, a coincidence. These are the things your guides will use, not words in your native language, or words from a book written by a stranger thousands of years ago that had to be interpreted. It will be real time, the "here and now", specifically designed with only YOU in mind.

Prayer in itself is just wishful thinking. If you pursue something that you want to occur, you need to be more specific with your goals and find a way to make things happen within your very own will , your own intent. As absurd as it may sound, you control your destiny more than any unseen entity would ever be capable of. Having said that, I know that entities exist, and I know that they are capable of doing things in amazing ways that exceed the wildest imagination. But, to let those entities control my path in this world would be a game of master and servant. Society plays into that game, and forces conformity. To the enlightened, becoming the master of ones fate is the prime directive. Problems are not always a bad thing, view them as lessons in a classroom- because you are learning something new. Use the word demon if you wish, because if it is something that presents itself as an unsolvable riddle- doesn't mean that there is not an answer, you are just looking at it from the wrong view point.

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Welcome to UM Zooey :st

Coming from my own point of view here. Keep in mind that sometimes things just aren't going to be clear, there may not be a yes or no answer. It's not really how guides work. Guides are supposed to be guiding, not giving all the clear path answers. Perhaps you seem to have muddy waters is because that's all there is on their side, and you need to make it a clear thing on your own from there.

The pendulum is one of the few straight up yes/no divination tools out there. Most other methods are a bit more complex or ambiguous in the delivery.

The question won't really affect my future or anything like that, at least I hope it won't. I have used the pendulum and it showed me the answer 'Yes' but I can't help but feel like I'm doing it wrong and that I'm accidentally moving my hand 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

'Spirit Guides' are just a fancy way of saying 'communicating with the subconscious'. 

I believe spirit Guides are genuine spirits, for example I spoke to a town medium who is highly respected and she told me my spirit guide is my great grandmother, she also provided me with proof by telling me about things that she couldn't possibly know about. That's just my personal belief though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

I believe spirit Guides are genuine spirits, for example I spoke to a town medium who is highly respected and she told me my spirit guide is my great grandmother, she also provided me with proof by telling me about things that she couldn't possibly know about. That's just my personal belief though.

Your guide is just an idea. A means of basically asking yourself a question. Servitors (in chaos magick) function the exact same way, and people create them. But you are free to believe whatever you desire. 

13 minutes ago, CHILDRESS said:

If prayer actually worked, I would have been dead decades ago. I have known and still know many, many religious people who actually glorify the idea of punishment and eternal torture (HELL).

If you want to connect with your guides, let them come to you. Being receptive to your higher self for growth and development is not the same as asking a deity to intercede on your behalf. What if your prayer meant that a person you love had to die for your prayer to be answered. Would you still say the prayer if you knew that for it to be answered a stranger would die, or suffer a fate worse than death- even though you would never know of the pain your prayer caused someone? I guess that is the big question, because in a way, prayer is just a means of justifying selfish ideals. And as horrible as this may sound, being selfish for the purpose of existing comfortably is perfectly acceptable- even if it means the discomfort or pain of others, as long as I get mine. Think about where bacon or steak comes from.

If you want to know if your in the right place, at the right time, you must pay attention to subtle clues. A song on the radio, a smell, a coincidence. These are the things your guides will use, not words in your native language, or words from a book written by a stranger thousands of years ago that had to be interpreted. It will be real time, the "here and now", specifically designed with only YOU in mind.

Prayer in itself is just wishful thinking. If you pursue something that you want to occur, you need to be more specific with your goals and find a way to make things happen within your very own will , your own intent. As absurd as it may sound, you control your destiny more than any unseen entity would ever be capable of. Having said that, I know that entities exist, and I know that they are capable of doing things in amazing ways that exceed the wildest imagination. But, to let those entities control my path in this world would be a game of master and servant. Society plays into that game, and forces conformity. To the enlightened, becoming the master of ones fate is the prime directive. Problems are not always a bad thing, view them as lessons in a classroom- because you are learning something new. Use the word demon if you wish, because if it is something that presents itself as an unsolvable riddle- doesn't mean that there is not an answer, you are just looking at it from the wrong view point.

I haven't ever prayed to my guide, I've spoken out loud as if they were friends that I'd have a conversation with, but never prayed. I've just had a suspicion/hunch about something for a while now and I've asked for them to provide me with signs that could confirm my suspicion. It's nothing that could or would cause harm to anyone, it's out of love and curiosity.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CHILDRESS said:

actually worked, I would have been dead decades ago. I have known and still know many, many religious people who actually glorify the idea of punishment and eternal torture (HELL).

And I have known many religious people who are not actually glorifying the idea of punishment and Hell? That is not what we are talking about.

Nobody is asking for a deity to intercede, only for guidence, and nobody is praying for someone else to die! Prayer might be a means to justify a selfish wish, but then, it might not.

And prayer is not just wishful thinking, it is affirmative action, that can have some amazing outcomes, I know, because I have experienced such things for myself, but for sure, we control our destiny more than some unseen entity. 

If someone is a selfish, nasty person, then yes, I guess you might use prayer for selfish and nasty ends, although if it is to God that you are praying to, then I doubt very much that you will receive an answer, same goes for any unwholesome supplication.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

I haven't ever prayed to my guide, I've spoken out loud as if they were friends that I'd have a conversation with, but never prayed. I've just had a suspicion/hunch about something for a while now and I've asked for them to provide me with signs that could confirm my suspicion. It's nothing that could or would cause harm to anyone, it's out of love and curiosity.

Then you are on the right path. I have a few pendulums, but have better luck with divining rods when seeking an answer as concrete as yes or no- mostly when seeking something of value. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being reverent, as long as you aren't seeking something to act like a genie (djinn) in a bottle. Keep in mind that if you don't get an answer, it may not be time for you to have the information, or it is possible that the answer is more complex than a simple yes or no.

As far as using an oracle, be it rods, pendulums, Ouija boards, tarot, I-ching, or a medium, always remember that the answer will be from that moment in time not including the changes that could take place minutes, hours or days later. Ever notice that if it had been just one second later, or just one second earlier - an accident could have been avoided? The same applies to the way intuitive devices and feelings work. A sequence of events may need to occur to bring your desired answer to reality.

XenoFish pretty much nailed it, in that all abilities that you have when using tools and even a human medium all come from within you and from you. Even though, there times when external entities make their presence, their messages are often brief and direct. For me, three knocks always means that someone is going to die within a few days. That "warning" clearly did not come from my psyche, but from some thing other than a human spirit. It wasn't evil, it was just the messenger. It is understanding the natural course of events in our world, our environment, our lives that is the hardest part of deciphering the messages from across the veil. 

Crazyhorse, are you assuming that "God" is good, loving, and caring? Not that I care to get into any debate about the nature of any entity that I have read about, it is usually the deity that proclaim themselves to be without fault, caring, and loving that are the very ones that are most destructive and vile. The idea maybe a wonderful fantasy, but the followers of one particular religion that I was raised to believe are some of the most evil people I have ever known. I quit believing in the religious side of the supernatural years ago, because the religious books were misleading. I am not trying to offend you, but my experiences with people and with unexplainable events have lead me to think and believe as I do. Believe isn't even the proper word to use in my case, I should replace it with the word "KNOW." There is a difference between believing in something, knowing, and having an experience that leaves one with wisdom, or knowledge.   

Just because it shines like gold or silver, doesn't mean that it has value. Aluminum foil immediately comes to mind. It does have some value, but not nearly as much as it appears to be at first glance.

9 hours ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

I am not aware of "guides" other than people or dogs.

Addressing the bold:

I would be more interested in your original question which has been bothering you for weeks.  We are not family so it would not stir up any drama from our side.

48 minutes ago, CHILDRESS said:

Then you are on the right path. I have a few pendulums, but have better luck with divining rods when seeking an answer as concrete as yes or no- mostly when seeking something of value. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being reverent, as long as you aren't seeking something to act like a genie (djinn) in a bottle. Keep in mind that if you don't get an answer, it may not be time for you to have the information, or it is possible that the answer is more complex than a simple yes or no.

As far as using an oracle, be it rods, pendulums, Ouija boards, tarot, I-ching, or a medium, always remember that the answer will be from that moment in time not including the changes that could take place minutes, hours or days later. Ever notice that if it had been just one second later, or just one second earlier - an accident could have been avoided? The same applies to the way intuitive devices and feelings work. A sequence of events may need to occur to bring your desired answer to reality.

XenoFish pretty much nailed it, in that all abilities that you have when using tools and even a human medium all come from within you and from you. Even though, there times when external entities make their presence, their messages are often brief and direct. For me, three knocks always means that someone is going to die within a few days. That "warning" clearly did not come from my psyche, but from some thing other than a human spirit. It wasn't evil, it was just the messenger. It is understanding the natural course of events in our world, our environment, our lives that is the hardest part of deciphering the messages from across the veil. 

Thank you so much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am not aware of "guides" other than people or dogs.

Addressing the bold:

I would be more interested in your original question which has been bothering you for weeks.  We are not family so it would not stir up any drama from our side.

There's a friend that's close (ish) to my family. I haven't seen her for a while, she's about 10 years older than me. But for a good while I've had this strong hunch that she's somehow related to me, we've had people comment on how much we resemble one another, I never met my father because he left when I was a baby but I do know that he was from somewhere around Poland/that part of Europe and I know my family friend is Polish. But I can't explain why but the feeling that's there, it's not romantic or anything like that at all but I genuinely feel like she could be related to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

There's a friend that's close (ish) to my family. I haven't seen her for a while, she's about 10 years older than me. But for a good while I've had this strong hunch that she's somehow related to me, we've had people comment on how much we resemble one another, I never met my father because he left when I was a baby but I do know that he was from somewhere around Poland/that part of Europe and I know my family friend is Polish. But I can't explain why but the feeling that's there, it's not romantic or anything like that at all but I genuinely feel like she could be related to me.

Does your friend live with her biological parents or grew up with them?