Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For those watching the Olympics...

Keel M.

If you could become proficient in any sport from either the Summer or Winter Olympics, which would it be? For me, it would be speed skating. I roller skated a LOT when I was little, but never got the hang of crossing one leg over the other in the turns.

I think for winter sports, figure skating. I was good at roller skating as a kid, but just never got the hang of not falling on my butt a lot ice skating.

For summer, probably archery. I used to be pretty decent at it. Though Athletics is pretty tempting because you get to throw all the weird stuff around.

• Like 1

I'd say bobsled.

Watching the on-board cameras is awesome. Sliding down the run at 88 MPH must be a real thrill.

• Like 2

I miss Winter.  There was a point in my life, where I was so comfortable on skiis, both nordic and alpine, that they became part of my body while on them.  I did some racing on the junior level.  Loved it, but only as a release, not enough to dedicate my life to it.  What those athletes sacrifice during their childhood is intense.  I knew a young woman who was on the Olympic path.  It. was. her. life.  And she seemed to thrive on it.

So Downhill and GS for me.    Slalom is too choppy for my liking, lacks flow.

Biathalon too is a great draw a very interesting mix of skills.  Few things are more amazing than skiing along a trail after an ice storm, through a forest of crystal trees.  Though personally, I'd like them to swap bows for the rifles, which leads to my Summer sport.

Summer Olympics do not interest me aside from the Archery.  None of that fussy running and leaping about stuff...  Too hot for that... :P

• Like 1

Ohhh yes archery!! I forget that's an Olympic sport because it's shoved to the late night rebroadcasts.