Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucid dreaming and Spirit Guides?

ZooeyMcdonald

I know I asked a lot of questions about Spirit Guides but because I've only recently learnt about them they intrigue me a lot. My question is have you ever met your guide in a lucid dream? If so, what happened? (You don't have to share information if you wish not to)

There are a lot of ideas out there as to what a spirit guide actually is. If you are new to this whole thing, I would advise you start doing a couple things.

The biggest one is start a sort of diary or journal and write down your experiences and personal thoughts, and maybe good ideas or insights you take from others there. How you will come to see a spirit guide is going to be heavily affected by what else you come to believe, so let it stay fluid for now and just enjoy and learn and write and read a lot. 

The next biggest thing is to make 90% of what you come to believe be your own experience and what you learn as you study. If you look for your information outside for the most part, you will rapidly get confused and even discouraged. There are so many naysayers and loons out here you will get answers all over the place and cannot know who you are talking with or what they actually know in reality. 

As for your question, no I have never met any of my guides in a lucid dream as in deliberately. I have seen or interacted with them some there, though. As a rule, what they actually are is a part of myself, so running into them makes sense in the paradigm I work with. Early on though,  when I bought into the notion that a guide was apart from me, I did have some issues and confusions. I rapidly moved away from that model as not being sound enough. Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

I don't have "spirit guides" what is known as a "totem" is the actual animal aspect of myself. Although the concept of a spirit guide taking the aspect of a animal is not uncommon among Natives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

I know I asked a lot of questions about Spirit Guides but because I've only recently learnt about them they intrigue me a lot. My question is have you ever met your guide in a lucid dream? If so, what happened? (You don't have to share information if you wish not to)

All my lucid dreams mostly consisted of me and having the control to do what I wanted to, like run really fast or amuse myself by making a room change size or shape. though I wouldn't know what a spirit guide would look like if I saw anyone in such a dream.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Piney said:

I don't have "spirit guides" what is known as a "totem" is the actual animal aspect of myself. Although the concept of a spirit guide taking the aspect of a animal is not uncommon among Natives.

I had this dog a while back. Best dog I ever had. I've seen her plenty of times since she has passed. In dreams and in projections. I have wondered if our relationship had a deeper purpose.

I'm sorry I really don't have any advice for the OP. If I have guides they don't really present themselves to me in dreams or projections. I have talked to many people, but no one has ever come right out and said they are a guide.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I had this dog a while back. Best dog I ever had. I've seen her plenty of times since she has passed. In dreams and in projections. I have wondered if our relationship had a deeper purpose.

I'm sorry I really don't have any advice for the OP. If I have guides they don't really present themselves to me in dreams or projections. I have talked to many people, but no one has ever come right out and said they are a guide.

Among my people dogs guard the entrance to the afterlife and your own dog guides you in. Among certain Tibetans  personal dogs are youe "soul catchers" where you soul resides until it moves on. 

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

Among my people dogs guard the entrance to the afterlife and your own dog guides you in. Among certain Tibetans  personal dogs are youe "soul catchers" where you soul resides until it moves on. 

That is cool. Yea first time I saw her I woke up from a nap in the middle of the day. I was feeling a slight vibe, but didn't think it was strong enough to exit. So I just got up. When I walked out to my living room one of my rotties (I've only had rotties) came running up to me all excited to see me. Which was strange cause I had been home all day. I look up and both my dogs are asleep on the couch. So I look down at this dog, and I'll be damned it was her. Right then I knew I was projecting. As I reached down to touch her I guess I got to emotional, cause I got like slammed back into my body.

I wish we could have hung out a bit, but it was good knowing she was still around. Still happy to see me.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

You can ask as many questions as you like...but it can get a little tedious when you start a new thread about the same thing in your other thread, this could have been covered in the original thread. 

What are some methods to communicate with Guides? Other than using a pendulum.

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

You can ask as many questions as you like...but it can get a little tedious when you start a new thread about the same thing in your other thread, this could have been covered in the original thread. 

I'm new to this site so I'm just trying to get used to it 

In my lucid dreaming it's just me playing out ideas or for entertainment. However there is a place in the lucid dream that opens like a portal to other conscious levels like AP and another is a realm of a heaven like place where recently deceased people or even animals that I know go if they make it there. 

Now I won't go into many details but sometimes I hear a guide like entity calling me from that portal like place in my lucid dreaming. If I go through the portal in the lucid dream, I end up somewhere else where I see the guide like entity and it's actually a teacher in that realm. 

Lucid dreaming itself doesn't interact with guides in my opinion, but it can take you to other realms of consciousness just like different types of meditations can do. It's just a starting point not the actual end of higher awareness levels. 

Once you master lucid dreaming you can realize your own gifts of higher connections to what are really just enhanced physical senses of your body. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

In my lucid dreaming it's just me playing out ideas or for entertainment. However there is a place in the lucid dream that opens like a portal to other conscious levels like AP and another is a realm of a heaven like place where recently deceased people or even animals that I know go if they make it there. 

Now I won't go into many details but sometimes I hear a guide like entity calling me from that portal like place in my lucid dreaming. If I go through the portal in the lucid dream, I end up somewhere else where I see the guide like entity and it's actually a teacher in that realm. 

Lucid dreaming itself doesn't interact with guides in my opinion, but it can take you to other realms of consciousness just like different types of meditations can do. It's just a starting point not the actual end of higher awareness levels. 

Once you master lucid dreaming you can realize your own gifts of higher connections to what are really just enhanced physical senses of your body. 

Is it dangerous to do that? I want to try it but my fear is what's holding me back. I guess I'm scared of what I will see if I tried AP.

Fear can be difficult to overcome. If you are a fearful person, it’s probably not a good idea. When it comes to AP, there is nothing to fear but fear itself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

Would you say it's a scary experience? I do intend on trying it at some point but I'd like to master lucid dreaming first.

It can have its moments, but you just have to understand a couple things. First if something scary does come along it’s a reflection of you, well according to some anyway. Second thing and I know this one for sure, if you do find yourself in a scary situation call on God, or whatever it is you believe in, and they will show up and deliver you. 

I hate even giving these warnings honestly cause most people who do this never run into a problem, and only have awesome experiences. Seems to me just telling someone things could go wrong, could make them go wrong. But it’s necessary so you know what to do should that time come  

BTW just being in a fearful state will make it scary. I tell everyone the same thing when it comes to projection, drop the fear and you won’t have a problem. Heck dropping the fear could make a scary situation a valuable lesson. 

• Like 1

Oh another thing to remember is, if things did get to much to deal with, just think about going back to your body, an you will come right back. 

I’ve never had to do that myself, but I’ve heard it said that it works every time. My problem is never that I need to go back, but that I can’t stay out long enough lol

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That is cool. Yea first time I saw her I woke up from a nap in the middle of the day. I was feeling a slight vibe, but didn't think it was strong enough to exit. So I just got up. When I walked out to my living room one of my rotties (I've only had rotties) came running up to me all excited to see me. Which was strange cause I had been home all day. I look up and both my dogs are asleep on the couch. So I look down at this dog, and I'll be damned it was her. Right then I knew I was projecting. As I reached down to touch her I guess I got to emotional, cause I got like slammed back into my body.

I wish we could have hung out a bit, but it was good knowing she was still around. Still happy to see me.

I've experienced this....  Haven't we all had dreams where, we wish it was just a dream, but we believe it is real...and then, wallah, we wake up ...and we think...wow, it was just a dream....

How is that different from what you are talking about?

2 hours ago, joc said:

I've experienced this....  Haven't we all had dreams where, we wish it was just a dream, but we believe it is real...and then, wallah, we wake up ...and we think...wow, it was just a dream....

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are no musician in my eyes!

7 hours ago, joc said:

The vibration makes the difference, well at least in part. When you are out of body, so to speak, its so much different then a dream. For instance using this example when I reached down to touch the dog, I could actually feel her with my hand. I don't know about you, but I don't get physical sensations in dreams. I only get emotional sensations. However If I had reached down to say turn a knob, my hand would have went through it. Its like there are rules. You can touch taste smell living things, but objects its like you are a ghost.

Everything around looks unbelievably real. Colors even look more sharp. It almost feels more real then what we call reality.

Now this example is a little different then my normal experience in that I woke up to it. So I can certainly understand your confusion. It usually happens when I first lay down. I don't lose consciousness at any point, from meditation to exit.

That's not to say that it isn't a dream though. I really don't know. If it is a dream, its a very advanced way of dreaming. To me, much different then even lucid dreaming. Personally I cant help but to think its possible that something else is happening though. I mean imagine laying down, never losing consciousness, getting to a point were suddenly you feel this powerful vibration all over your body, then wilfully exiting. Now you are standing next to your bed looking at your body.

No matter what this actually is, the experience would make anyone question what's really happening. What's really possible.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The vibration makes the difference, well at least in part. When you are out of body, so to speak, its so much different then a dream. For instance using this example when I reached down to touch the dog, I could actually feel her with my hand. I don't know about you, but I don't get physical sensations in dreams. I only get emotional sensations. However If I had reached down to say turn a knob, my hand would have went through it. Its like there are rules. You can touch taste smell living things, but objects its like you are a ghost.

Everything around looks unbelievably real. Colors even look more sharp. It almost feels more real then what we call reality.

Now this example is a little different then my normal experience in that I woke up to it. So I can certainly understand your confusion. It usually happens when I first lay down. I don't lose consciousness at any point, from meditation to exit.

That's not to say that it isn't a dream though. I really don't know. If it is a dream, its a very advanced way of dreaming. To me, much different then even lucid dreaming. Personally I cant help but to think its possible that something else is happening though. I mean imagine laying down, never losing consciousness, getting to a point were suddenly you feel this powerful vibration all over your body, then wilfully exiting. Now you are standing next to your bed looking at your body.

No matter what this actually is, the experience would make anyone question what's really happening. What's really possible.

Great post! :tu:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Thanks for the explanation...I always know that I was dreaming...because I wake up.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are no musician in my eyes!

Why are you trolling me Truthseeker?  Your opinion is just that....your opinion.

23 hours ago, ZooeyMcdonald said:

Is it dangerous to do that? I want to try it but my fear is what's holding me back. I guess I'm scared of what I will see if I tried AP.

AP is usually scary the first time since you experience things more vividly than real life and it's so different.

Fear from the anticipation of running into something bad  can cause a bad encounter for some people, but you can swiftly come back from it, no harm done. 

It really gets awesome when you experiment for yourself about the reality of it or to just discover that it was only a state of mind imagining AP. 

When you APing in the current realm of seeing real physical places or things, try to see something different to you, such as a graffiti sign a road closing etc that you know changed from what you remember in the normal state. Visit that area when you wake to see if it has really changed. If that something different is there, you know it's AP that connects to the present realm of physical reality. 

AP can take you to other realms and times beyond the first levels, so it's well worth it to overcome your first fears of experiencing AP. 

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2018 at 0:26 PM, ZooeyMcdonald said:

Evidently my crown chakra is stuck in a wide open position ( so I have been told), so I have many experiences with spirit guides. We are all old friends now. They used to show up more as animals, but as I grew, a more personal relationship developed and I could understand them better as a being just like myself. This understanding makes them more human now.

some are teachers, some are challengers, some  are comforters, some are healers, some seem to be more and are task givers. 

It's hard to spot them at first until you have interacted with them many times, but you start recognize their energies. Spirit guides/angles/Jungian archetypes... who knows how to classify them. I certainly don't. They are just friends now. 

My absolute favorite is the one that comes and talks to me all night laying inches from my face sometimes. She knows that I don't like to have these saga like movie dreams that seem to last weeks, so she occupies my sleep time with her presence and conversation. She is very sweet. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2018 at 7:49 AM, SeekerWCF said:

Evidently my crown chakra is stuck in a wide open position ( so I have been told), so I have many experiences with spirit guides. We are all old friends now. They used to show up more as animals, but as I grew, a more personal relationship developed and I could understand them better as a being just like myself. This understanding makes them more human now.

some are teachers, some are challengers, some  are comforters, some are healers, some seem to be more and are task givers. 

It's hard to spot them at first until you have interacted with them many times, but you start recognize their energies. Spirit guides/angles/Jungian archetypes... who knows how to classify them. I certainly don't. They are just friends now. 

My absolute favorite is the one that comes and talks to me all night laying inches from my face sometimes. She knows that I don't like to have these saga like movie dreams that seem to last weeks, so she occupies my sleep time with her presence and conversation. She is very sweet. 

That sounds so lovely!!

• Like 2

I have had dreams with my human spirit guide but oddly enough they weren't lucid dreams. My default dream "setting" is lucid dreaming so when I have a non lucid dream it's either a drug induced nightmare (surgical drugs) or it's a precognitive dream or one of significance. Lucid dreaming is entertainment and non lucid means somethings up to put it simpler. As for spirit guides the first time was under regression hypnosis and my spirit guide then was my Moms dog who had passed on. I also have a human guide and she did come in dreams. I have a visualization for pain routine and it's a mix of self hypnosis and guided visualization which includes a room that I go to. I created it as a safe space and go there before any regression work. She's met me there a few times and it's always a surprise when she shows up. The visualization I do is for chronic pain from a birth defect and it helps so that I don't take any pain meds. 

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 2