Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control ?

docyabut2

No. Turning educational institutes into high security prisons is not the answer. Removing the ability of the NRA to lobby polititions , dictate gun laws,and play on the fears of people to buy more guns will do more than anything else. Remove the source to remove the problem.

Hank

• Like 2

It's amusing just how many people think the NRA cares about the 2nd Amendment.  Staunch 2nd Amendment supporters hate the NRA as well...just for different reasons.

• Like 2

With every union in the US backing Democrats and lobbying much, much more money it's a joke to think the NRA has anything to do with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

What I`m asking why are so many kids are killing kids in schools, since after the 70`s

AT nailed it.  The reason is the lack of respect.  And until we find a way to return respect, it won't matter what is banded, people will find a way to kill the weakest among us.

• Like 2

It's them damn TV shows, It's them damn movies, it's them damn vidya games, it's them damn comics, it's them damn mentally ill.

No you know WHAT IT IS. It's the freaking guns. What's the common link between ALL mass SHOOTINGS?? Yeah GUNS. Restrict guns and you limit the guns the mentally ill can get their hands on. Oh BTW the Florida shooting, the guy who did it wasn't mentally ill. He had a passed a background check and psych eval. Everything is else is just an excuse, it's that simple.

"If it wasn't a gun it would be a knife." Cool, less people dead. That's great! Trying to equate guns to knives is a moronic way of thinking.

Yes, people kill people. Not guns but people can't kill as many people if they didn't have the guns.

EDIT: Also for the love of (ironically) God. Don't get me started on the church crap being in schools.

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Yes, people kill people. Not guns but people can't kill as many people if they didn't have the guns.

Even if there were no guns. Diy weapons are pretty easy to construct. Such as explosives, molotovs, even a flamethrower can be constructed. One pipe bomb tossed into a crowd can take many lives. A dirty bomb can contaminate large areas. Ill motivated gun violence is bad, but I can think of worse weapons. Its people. Plain and simple. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

It's them damn TV shows, It's them damn movies, it's them damn vidya games, it's them damn comics, it's them damn mentally ill.

No you know WHAT IT IS. It's the freaking guns. What's the common link between ALL mass SHOOTINGS?? Yeah GUNS. Restrict guns and you limit the guns the mentally ill can get their hands on. Oh BTW the Florida shooting, the guy who did it wasn't mentally ill. He had a passed a background check and psych eval. Everything is else is just an excuse, it's that simple.

"If it wasn't a gun it would be a knife." Cool, less people dead. That's great! Trying to equate guns to knives is a moronic way of thinking.

EDIT: Also for the love of (ironically) God. Don't get me started on the church crap being in schools.

Yep that's why America is famous for shooting sprees. Places without guns just don't have that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Yep that's why America is famous for shooting sprees. Places without guns just don't have that. 

Nor do they have freedom.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Even if there were no guns. Diy weapons are pretty easy to construct. Such as explosives, molotovs, even a flamethrower can be constructed. One pipe bomb tossed into a crowd can take many lives. A dirty bomb can contaminate large areas. Ill motivated gun violence is bad, but I can think of worse weapons. Its people. Plain and simple. 

They'd be used all the time now instead of guns if they were easy and effective. Fact is that no they won't. Do you see any of that crap being used in places with strict gun laws? No you don't. Simple fact is that guns are the issue and ignorant Americans want to bury their head in the sand and don't want to face the REAL issue

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

You really think so?  Someone with a scalpel in that same situation, hit the alarm and as the crowd flows out into the hall, run through that crowd striking at the throat could kill even more before he is stopped.

Or are you saying that one or two is ok?  Right?  Well, one is one too many.  Or are you saying the hundreds of individuals that get killed in Chicago is ok, because it's one attacker, one victim?  Besides, most are just Blacks anyway.  Is that what you are getting at?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Seeing as I was the only one that mentioned guns and knives I take offense. I wasn't trying to equate the two. I was saying mentally unstable people will kill regardless of what is available.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Seeing as I was the only one that mentioned guns and knives I take offense. I wasn't trying to equate the two. I was saying mentally unstable people will kill regardless of what is available.

Same point I was trying to make.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

No you know WHAT IT IS. It's the freaking guns. What's the common link between ALL mass SHOOTINGS?? Yeah GUNS. Restrict guns and you limit the guns the mentally ill can get their hands on.

The common link is the desire to kill the weak.  It doesn't have to be guns and if it's not a gun, it will be something else?  The increase of attacks isn't because guns are accessible.  Guns have always been accessible.  What it is, is that society has gotten sicker because we have drifted from GOD.  If you don't like GOD, then try morals, or even spirituality.  When people have that sense of respect, there is no desire to kill others.

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

More kids have killed more kids since after the 70`s.Gun control will not stop the kids from killing, they still can find guns, or weapons.

Actually, looking at your list which followed later, not all the examples are the same (Kent state was not a student killing someone but the National Guard.)   However...

Its a mental problem not a gun problem. Trump`s right its more of a mental problem and a pole 67% people agreed.

There are lots of people with mental illnesses (and as many women as men) - yet most shooters are Caucasian and male.  If it was a mental problem, you'd have an equal number of men and women turning to guns and violence.

This might not be said, but my guess  its a abortion mentality. Kids feel people has the right to kill babies.

Infanticide and abortions have a very long history... back to the paleolithic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide  Before abortion was legal, we had a lot of deaths (it was not unusual for the pregnant girl to kill herself.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion#History_and_religion .

Government should ban the laws of abortion.

Abortions happen for many reasons, including the child dying in the womb.  In such a situation, the mother can and often does die of septicemia: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-20321741  So there you have the death of the child and the death of the mother who would have lived to have other children if this procedure was allowed.

And  the Ten Commandments should be back into the courts, and schools of do not kill for no reason,  telling  kids they`ll go to burning hell forever.:)

If we put up the 10 commandments (btw, they are not the basis for the Constitution or the laws... we get those from English law), then under the right to religion we have to put up the Protestant 10 Commandments and the Catholic 10 Commandments (they are slightly different) plus the relevant Mormon doctrine, the Satanist doctrine (they have sued successfully to do this), the Wiccan doctrines, the Buddhist doctrines, the Jewish (there are not 10 Commandments in Judaism but 613 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments) , Baha'i principles, etc. - and all the variants of Christianity taught by all those small storefront churches.

Are you sure you want all of those up?  If you put up one, then you must put the others up.  If you teach one, you need to teach the others.

So guys what is the reason for all this has been happening since after the 70`s when abortion started to be legal,  so tell me of another reason.  I am a women and know women are going real mad for all my suggestions.

It's not a quick and simple answer, but part of it lies in the expectations of "what it means to be a Caucasian male" and the rather toxic culture around it and the idea that a "real man" keeps guns to defend his principles and his family and his position in society.  There is an expectation that the way of life that Caucasian men in the 1950's had (got the preferred jobs, education for veterans, a job that turned into a lifetime career, a family lifestyle that had only one working person and an adult who took care of household and children) is one that they feel is the RIGHT way of life.  Everything else threatens them and they need to take steps to prevent it.

Did you see the film from the news crew today where they took a 13 year old (with his mother) to stores and had him try to buy beer, cigarettes, and lottery tickets... he was refused at each establishment.  Then he went to a gun show and bought a gun from a private seller... no questions asked.

It's VERY easy for an angry young man to get a gun.  Once he has a gun that makes him feel like he has power, it's easy to get ammunition.  And  it's easy to find destructive solutions.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The common link is the desire to kill the weak.  It doesn't have to be guns and if it's not a gun, it will be something else?  The increase of attacks isn't because guns are accessible.  Guns have always been accessible.  What it is, is that society has gotten sicker because we have drifted from GOD.  If you don't like GOD, then try morals, or even spirituality.  When people have that sense of respect, there is no desire to kill others.

Ethics. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

Nor do they have freedom.  

They sure do, that's just NRA brainwashing. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Is the only reason you don't rape pillage and murder because your worried what your God will think? 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Is the only reason you don't rape pillage and murder because your worried what your God will think? 

In essence, that is correct.  Whether you call it GOD, Brahma, Ethics, Spiritualism, Morals, Creator, Supreme Being, Purple Unicorn, or Great Spirit Father.

• Like 1

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Ethics differ too.  They are the same thing.

No, that is the difference between the two. :huh: They are definitely not the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

In essence, that is correct.  Whether you call it GOD, Brahma, Ethics, Spiritualism, Morals, Creator, Supreme Being, Purple Unicorn, or Great Spirit Father.

Then your not free at all, are you. 

That's very concerning that you think like that. I'm really glad I don't live near you. Most people try to be good no matter what, that you need a God to remain so indicates real problems IMHO

• Like 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked