Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control ?


docyabut2
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

But that's not what happened. 

Stores stopped selling guns because of the current social climate.

They're feeling pressured not to. 

And this happened without any laws being passed.

I don't think so. The downturn has been since Trump took office, not just since the Florida high school shooting....

http://fortune.com/2017/09/11/trump-gun-sales-decline/

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/gun-sales-fall-by-100-million-due-to-the-trump-slump.html

Quote

American Outdoor Brands, one of the largest gun manufacturers in the United States, experienced a 48.5 percent decrease in firearms revenue this quarter compared with the same time last year, The Guardian reports. Sales fell $100 million as a result of what has been called the "Trump slump."

The political climate has influence over gun sales. The expectation of many Americans that Hillary Clinton, the vocal pro-gun-control candidate, was going to win the presidential election in November is considered largely responsible for last year's surge.

People buy firearms at the highest rates when they fear regulations will be enhanced. 

So, in a way, you are right. Because the political climate is such that people are not fearing gun legislation, or were not till recently. 

I imagine gun sales will spike with all the talk of bans and heavier legislation. ------------ Ironically all the work done by the Parkland kids is going to increase sales for the Gun Manufacturers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I don't think so. The downturn has been since Trump took office, not just since the Florida high school shooting....

http://fortune.com/2017/09/11/trump-gun-sales-decline/

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/gun-sales-fall-by-100-million-due-to-the-trump-slump.html

So, in a way, you are right. Because the political climate is such that people are not fearing gun legislation, or were not till recently. 

I imagine gun sales will spike with all the talk of bans and heavier legislation. ------------ Ironically all the work done by the Parkland kids is going to increase sales for the Gun Manufacturers.

Nope.

There was a guy at the local store (I won't name it). I have seen that guy at that gun counter for years. Ever since I've lived here.

Certainly, still after Trump was POTUS.

Now he's not.

The gun counter is stripped bare and I guess he's out of a job. 

And that just happened. Not even right after Parkland, but after this movement started happening.

They are targeting businesses, advertisers, etc. And they're getting their way. 

It may make it more difficult to purchase guns even in the absence of legislation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you are right about the possibility of an unintended effect.

People will see that guns are disappearing from shelves, and even if they weren't inclined to purchase any before...now they might. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah even Walmart pulled all of the AR-15 or similar semi-autos from their shelves in most stores and said they weren't going to sale those type of rifles anymore. But it seems the movement hasn't stopped the local sport stores, gun and ammo stores, pawn shops and now online purchases from still selling any semi-auto rifle you want.

And I suspect online sales taking up most of the gun sales market is also another reason why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

The kids demonstrated the constitution of the right to live and the pursuit of happiest , should included  pro life of abortions that mess these kids minds up.:(  guns and NRA have been  always been around.:(

 

Edited by docyabut2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2018 at 3:31 PM, Gunn said:

Yeah even Walmart pulled all of the AR-15 or similar semi-autos from their shelves in most stores and said they weren't going to sale those type of rifles anymore. But it seems the movement hasn't stopped the local sport stores, gun and ammo stores, pawn shops and now online purchases from still selling any semi-auto rifle you want.

And I suspect online sales taking up most of the gun sales market is also another reason why.

Maybe they are still trying to re-stock after the wayObama's Operation Fast & Furious cleaned them out?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2018 at 7:35 AM, ChaosRose said:

Nope.

There was a guy at the local store (I won't name it). I have seen that guy at that gun counter for years. Ever since I've lived here.

Certainly, still after Trump was POTUS.

Now he's not.

The gun counter is stripped bare and I guess he's out of a job. 

And that just happened. Not even right after Parkland, but after this movement started happening.

They are targeting businesses, advertisers, etc. And they're getting their way. 

It may make it more difficult to purchase guns even in the absence of legislation.

Well.... You have a single point of data, so.... Wow!  You got this nailed!

Or, could be the guy moved to a larger location. Or he made so much money he retired. 

Whatever... That doesn't in any way prove a national trend or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2018 at 3:31 PM, Gunn said:

Yeah even Walmart pulled all of the AR-15 or similar semi-autos from their shelves in most stores and said they weren't going to sale those type of rifles anymore. But it seems the movement hasn't stopped the local sport stores, gun and ammo stores, pawn shops and now online purchases from still selling any semi-auto rifle you want.

And I suspect online sales taking up most of the gun sales market is also another reason why.

Yeah, so maybe two AR-15s are removed from the Wal-Mart, but they still have 10 shotguns, 10 semi automatic rifles and who knows how many pistols.... That doesn't seem to me to be much of a loss in sales. Especially if it gains them political/social/networking credit.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Yeah, so maybe two AR-15s are removed from the Wal-Mart, but they still have 10 shotguns, 10 semi automatic rifles and who knows how many pistols.... That doesn't seem to me to be much of a loss in sales. Especially if it gains them political/social/networking credit.

 

Ironic you should mention pistols. Apparently they decided not sell handguns too, except Alaska. I believe Susieice provided a link to their Firearms Policy in another gun related thread about Walmart's firearm policy, but I'll link it here again so you can read their fake concern political propaganda BS.

https://news.walmart.com/2018/02/28/walmart-statement-on-firearms-policy

I'd love to know what sideline money making scheme they have designed to make up the difference for this. I can't see them taking too much of a lost in sales either. Walmart doesn't want to p***off their investors when it comes to losing money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

No matter the guns a banded, kids still can get the big guns from criminals to kill :(  

 

Edited by docyabut2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Gunn said:

I'd love to know what sideline money making scheme they have designed to make up the difference for this. I can't see them taking too much of a lost in sales either. Walmart doesn't want to p***off their investors when it comes to losing money.

I think the bet is this actually saves them money in the long run.

When you pay employees minimum wage you are carrying a pretty large liability when you ask them to do things like evaluate a person's suitability to purchase a gun.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 4/5/2018 at 6:26 AM, DieChecker said:

Well.... You have a single point of data, so.... Wow!  You got this nailed!

Or, could be the guy moved to a larger location. Or he made so much money he retired. 

Whatever... That doesn't in any way prove a national trend or not.

It's the whole chain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It's the whole chain.

He owned and operated a chain of gun stores? Got a name? Maybe we can look it up online what happened?

Edited by DieChecker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

on the positive note, gun store i go to in long island brought handgun display back, decades ago they had a hole counter full of handguns, then about 10 years ago, they removed all handguns,  they could still get you any handgun, but it was not on display, this Feb i was there, and handgun counter is back. and they still sell ar 15s.   as well as all parts for it,

Edited by aztek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.