Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Camden murders: Shocking night of violence

Michelle

Two murder investigations are underway after a night of shocking violence in London.

Fatal stabbings took place within a mile of each other in Camden - with reports of "numerous" other incidents believed to be linked.

A 17-year-old boy died in Kentish Town, near the Peckwater estate, at around 8.30pm.

A man in his 20s was stabbed to death on Malden Road around two hours later.

There are multiple claims on social media of further stabbings in the area - but a spokesman for the Met Police said there are currently no other "critical incidents" reported.

However, police confirmed a Section 60 notice has been issued for the entire borough of Camden.

cont...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/camden-murders-shocking-night-violence-12061050

Can anyone confirm this?

Well it's nothing new all over the world. In major cities like London; murder, rape, robbery, muggings etc was a lot worse 100-300 years ago!

Many years ago we never had the means to hear about every little incident on the planet like we have now.

'PERCENTAGE WISE' - plus taking into account the amount of people on the planet today; as a race we're getting better!

We are doing alright. No need to worry;)

• Like 3

I saw the name Camden and I thought it was Camden, New Jersey where I went to school. I thought. "Nothing shocking there". We had the highest murder rate in the U.S. for over 10 years running.:mellow:

I remember the knife crimes surge in Peckham and Brixton years ago....it was not only a gang thing but a "culture" ting. 

The stop and search came in an so did the race card! 

Growing up in Camberwell i knew people who got stabbed and it was common knowledge that the non whites were the majority of knife carriers. 

Over time we had gangs of all races.." we will carry a knife to protect ourselves against those who carry a knife" ....and the cycle begins. 

We are in a time now where the teenagers of today involved in these gangs are the childen of the mothers who partner was in a gang....many do not even know who the father was or in some cases the father was stabbed ot stabbed someone and are banged up.

This is not new to us, like gun crime is not new to the US. The fact it is still going on is the main worry.....these are teenagers, again, who are not watching their children and her in England, i have seen it with my own eyes, when the son is stopped and search the parent goes ballistic at the police and the laws. Jeeze....how about adults start working together instead of their children seeing a divide?

• Like 4

<<THE MEDIA>> is the problem with this planet!! Especially nowadays with all the amazing tech at their fingertips!

They'll say things like: 'the RISE in knife crime, gun crime, gang violence' etc because they'll find 3 incidences to report rather than just one because there's nothing else going on!

RISE!?!? There's no rise in all this crime= it's ALWAYS been the bloody same! But because they use the word RISE- it makes it sound as if there's something to worry about!:angry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

<<THE MEDIA>> is the problem with this planet!! Especially nowadays with all the amazing tech at their fingertips!

They'll say things like: 'the RISE in knife crime, gun crime, gang violence' etc because they'll find 3 incidences to report rather than just one because there's nothing else going on!

RISE!?!? There's no rise in all this crime= it's ALWAYS been the bloody same! But because they use the word RISE- it makes it sound as if there's something to worry about!:angry:

You are wrong there, I've read reports of being attacked by youths, things stolen  and armed raids. Teenagers these days have no respect 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

You are wrong there, I've read reports of being attacked by youths, things stolen  and armed raids. Teenagers these days have no respect 

wrong it what way?

so: 'attacked by youths, things stolen and armed raids. Teenagers these days have no respect' is all new to you?

sorry i don't get your point....

On 2/21/2018 at 11:51 AM, Dejarma said:

Well it's nothing new all over the world. In major cities like London; murder, rape, robbery, muggings etc was a lot worse 100-300 years ago!

Many years ago we never had the means to hear about every little incident on the planet like we have now.

'PERCENTAGE WISE' - plus taking into account the amount of people on the planet today; as a race we're getting better!

We are doing alright. No need to worry;)

Huge rises in knife crime, killings and robbery in London were revealed today as official figures showed a surge in violent offending nationwide. 

The Office for National Statistics said knife offences rose by 23 per cent in the capital during the 12-month period to the end of September last year. 

There was also a 19 per cent rise in killings, a 30 per cent increase in robberies and  a 14 per cent leap in vehicle thefts or break-ins to vehicles. Some of these offences included moped thefts, which the statisticians said were being used to “facilitate” other crimes. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/crime-capital-official-figures-reveal-huge-rise-in-knife-crime-killings-and-robberies-in-london-a3749451.html

• Like 1

Two men have been stabbed to death within the space of two hours in Camden, north London.

Abdikarim Hassan, 17, died in Bartholomew Road at 21:08 GMT on Tuesday. Sadiq Adan Mohamed, 20, died after being stabbed in Malden Road at about 22:10.

Mr Mohamed's family said they were "devastated" and revealed that his brother was killed in September.

The Met Police is trying to determine if the killings are linked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43138554

44 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Huge rises in knife crime, killings and robbery in London were revealed today as official figures showed a surge in violent offending nationwide. 

Yep some years are worse than others- again nothing new there.

If anyone can be bothered to open this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/historical-crime-data

copied from file:

Homicide= (includes murder, manslaughter and infanticide) 

UK1898= 328

UK 2001= 891 (it only goes up to 2001)

when one considers the population of the UK in 1898 to now, I will still say we're doing good in my opinion....

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

copied from file:

UK1898= 328

when one considers the population of the UK in 1898 to now, I will still say we're doing good in my opinion....

Oh, that's alright then. We shouldn't be concerned about the rise in violent crime because it's lower than it was in 1898.

Here's an interesting stat:

In June 2010 The Sunday Telegraph, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service.[n 1] The figures showed that the majority of males who were accused of violent crimes in 2009–10 were black. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; and for gun crimes, 67 percent. Between April 2005 and January 2006, figures from the Metropolitan Police Service showed that black people accounted for 46 percent of car-crime arrests generated by automatic number plate recognition cameras.

On knife crime, 45 percent of suspected female perpetrators were black; for gun crime, 58 percent; and for robberies, 52 percent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7502180.stm

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Oh, that's alright then. We shouldn't be concerned about the rise in violent crime because it's lower than it was in 1898.

you're missing my point:

technically, yeah of course it will rise= there are more people on the planet. But going by the stats the <PERCENTAGE> of crime has dropped a hell of a lot.

Anyways most of these crimes are gang orientated it seems so no need to be concerned unless you're in a gang I guess...

Oh well, what do I know

13 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

technically, yeah of course it will rise= there are more people on the planet. But going by the stats the <PERCENTAGE> of crime has dropped a hell of a lot.

That's no comfort for the millions who are concerned by crime and it's recent rise.

Anyways most of these crimes are gang orientated it seems so no need to be concerned unless you're in a gang I guess...

Not all the victims of gang-related crime are members of gangs.

In a report in today's Mail, there are gangs in London armed with acid who go round stealing mobile phones from innocent people.

Edited by Black Monk

33 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

That's no comfort for the millions who are concerned by crime and it's recent rise.

Not all the victims of gang-related crime are members of gangs.

In a report in today's Mail, there are gangs in London armed with acid who go round stealing mobile phones from innocent people.

ok fair enough

In the next couple of days we'll hear how they were going to be doctors and lawyers.

There were less murders when we could legally carry hand guns.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Black Monk said:

If the crime rate was higher in 1898 then there isn't a 'rise' in crime.

18 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Here's an interesting stat:

In June 2010 The Sunday Telegraph, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service.[n 1] The figures showed that the majority of males who were accused of violent crimes in 2009–10 were black. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; and for gun crimes, 67 percent. Between April 2005 and January 2006, figures from the Metropolitan Police Service showed that black people accounted for 46 percent of car-crime arrests generated by automatic number plate recognition cameras.

On knife crime, 45 percent of suspected female perpetrators were black; for gun crime, 58 percent; and for robberies, 52 percent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7502180.stm

So what's your point about their race?  Are you saying that the tragedy of the death of a young person is in some way diminished because of their skin colour?

47 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

there isn't a 'rise' in crime.

Yes there is.

So what's your point about their race?  

I said, before I even knew who they were, that they'll be black. Minutes later, when I saw it on the BBC News, I saw I was right. I knew they'd be black because most victims and perpetrators of stabbings and shootings in this country are black.  It may come as a surprise to you but it doesn't to most people.

Before a recent stabbing in Manchester I thought "I bet he's black." And I was right.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-43144089

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Yes there is.

But if you support the fact that there was more crime 100 years ago than today, then there is not a rise in crime, there has been a decline.

51 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

I said, before I even knew who they were, that they'll be black. Minutes later, when I saw it on the BBC News, I saw I was right. I knew they'd be black because most victims and perpetrators of stabbings and shootings in this country are black.  It may come as a surprise to you but it doesn't to most people.

Before a recent stabbing in Manchester I thought "I bet he's black." And I was right.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-43144089

I am interested as to why you made that prediction, true or not.  They may both have had brown eyes, or both have been wearing Jeans at the time of death, so why point out the skin colour?  And to be clear I am not calling you out on this to slur you with a racist label, I think it is a very interesting and valid discussion to have around skin colour and criminal activity etc.

17 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

But if you support the fact that there was more crime 100 years ago than today, then there is not a rise in crime, there has been a decline.

Could I use such a bizarre argument when I tell people there is no global warning?

"Britain was warmer during the Roman era than it is now. So there is not a rise in temperatures. There's a decline "

I am interested as to why you made that prediction

Because the majority of stabbing victims and perpetrators of stabbings in Britain are black.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Could I use such a bizarre argument when I tell people there is no global warning?

"Britain was warmer during the Roman era than it is now. So there is not a rise in temperatures. There's a decline "

Because the majority of stabbing victims and perpetrators of stabbings in Britain are black.

Sigh, Well it’s clear there will be no sensible discussion.

apparantly if your black you get stabbed, that’s life.

An 18-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of stabbing two young men to death in north-west London following the bloodiest night in the capital so far this year. Police investigating the two murders in Camden on Tuesday night arrested the teenager on Thursday evening at an address in the borough. He remains in custody at an east London police station on suspicion of two counts of murder and one count of grievous bodily harm. The arrest comes after the deaths of 17-year-old Abdikarim Hassan and aspiring accountant Sadiq Aadam Mohamed, 20, who were found within a mile of each other. So far this year 15 people have been stabbed to death in the capital, five of whom were teenagers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5425855/18-year-old-arrested-suspicion-two-fatal-stabbings.html

17 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Sigh, Well it’s clear there will be no sensible discussion.

apparantly if your black you get stabbed, that’s life.

Statistics go up and down there's not a law stating they can only travel in one direction, do i care about these black gang members being killed, to tell the truth no i don't care 'i'm cared out' and neither do black people care because if they did they wouldn't mind searching and not shout racist everytime it's done.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 0:12 PM, freetoroam said:

I remember the knife crimes surge in Peckham and Brixton years ago....it was not only a gang thing but a "culture" ting. 

The stop and search came in an so did the race card! 

Growing up in Camberwell i knew people who got stabbed and it was common knowledge that the non whites were the majority of knife carriers. 

Over time we had gangs of all races.." we will carry a knife to protect ourselves against those who carry a knife" ....and the cycle begins. 

We are in a time now where the teenagers of today involved in these gangs are the childen of the mothers who partner was in a gang....many do not even know who the father was or in some cases the father was stabbed ot stabbed someone and are banged up.

This is not new to us, like gun crime is not new to the US. The fact it is still going on is the main worry.....these are teenagers, again, who are not watching their children and her in England, i have seen it with my own eyes, when the son is stopped and search the parent goes ballistic at the police and the laws. Jeeze....how about adults start working together instead of their children seeing a divide?

well said freetoroam. you know youre a rascist now dont you?

the police are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Dejarma said:

copied from file:

UK1898= 328

youre missing the point. we're meant to be civilised now not savages.. it is 2018?

and youre not taking into account the deterents like dna, phone records/internet and cctv either.

maybe the rise in violence and crime is due to the rise in imigration.