Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NOAA busted re-writing temperature History.

lost_shaman

On 7/16/2018 at 8:41 AM, Doug1o29 said:

First, most of your assumptions about what I believe about CO2 are wrong.

Well, please clarify then because I'm only assuming your position about CO2 based on things you've said mostly to me here on UM. 

Second, at concentrations near 400 ppm, the relationship between temperature and CO2 is indistinguishable from a straight line.  Even if right, all your blathering about temperature increase slowing as CO2 rises is irrelevant to anything we're likely to see.

Really? All of the Global Warming/ Climate Change Hoop-La is about hypothetical effects that supposedly will pile up at the end of this century where neither you or I will ever see any of that. Since when is "we" seeing it been part of the equation? Let me guess, since Monday morning when you typed it right? 

Third, there isn't enough commercial carbon on earth to produce 4000 ppm in the atmosphere.

You are only correct if 'we' hinge your statement on the word commercial. If we do that, then I agree we will have better technology and use less fossil fuels and use them much more efficiently in the future than we do now. Thus we are less likely to pile up CO2 in the atmosphere like our current consumption rate might imply. Of course that's reality, since when has any of this Alarmism been based in reality? A year ago you were telling us the Oceans would boil! I know that was Hansen's claim and you were just parroting it because you read his book. He had to walk it back because even burning everything we can find doesn't get anywhere close to boiling Ocean's and it gets us to around 12,000- 15,000 ppmv so what happened? Why did Hansen and you in tow have to walk back these silly claims?

Not because there is not enough Carbon for us to burn but someone had to take Hansen and tell him he was wrong. The problem here is that he can't be wrong unless CO2s warming is not linear, and that is what Rheinhardt, and myself, and tons of others are saying. The question you seem to avoid at all costs is simply how non-linear is the curve? I would have thought you of all people would be talking about this non-linear curve but you avoid it. 

Fourth, an ecological collapse will occur long before we could possibly approach 4000 ppm.

Based on what exactly?

Other than a small effect on Ocean salinity CO2 basically effects nothing other than a slight amount of warming. A small amount of warming will likely be a boon to most eco-systems rather than causing collapse as you contend.