Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AI ripe for exploitation, experts warn

Still Waters

Drones turned into missiles, fake videos manipulating public opinion and automated hacking are just three of the threats from artificial intelligence in the wrong hands, experts have said.

The Malicious Use of Artificial Intelligence report warns that AI is ripe for exploitation by rogue states, criminals and terrorists.

Those designing AI systems need to do more to mitigate possible misuses of their technology, the authors said.

And governments must consider new laws.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43127533

• Like 1

True Artificial Intelligence terrifies me.  We seem determined to make it happen as soon as possible, without thinking about the consequences.

If you think Social Media was a revolution, wait till you see this one!

A.I. is currently being exploited as of this moment on Twitter with millions of republican/conservative accounts being locked out and their accounts being tampered with. They say it is apolitical but I have only seen republicans/conseravtives being targeted for opposing views to Liberal ideology.

To be honest, it's the price of progress.

For every discovery and advancement, from fire through to the Internet and beyond... for every benefit, someone will find a way to abuse things to their own ends.

• Like 1

On 21-2-2018 at 8:44 PM, LV-426 said:

To be honest, it's the price of progress.

For every discovery and advancement, from fire through to the Internet and beyond... for every benefit, someone will find a way to abuse things to their own ends.

Very true.

Just look at 3D printing. One of the first 3D printed objects was a gun.
We invented planes, and concurrently invented plane crashes.

I do firmly believe we are entering a time where Science ethics become a more prominent field, that deserves more respect.
Mostly when you follow an education like Computer  Science, you also get schooled in ethics. As far as I know at least.
But it's just this light topic they touch on, while it has immens importance.

AI is a luxury. We should grant ourselves time to think it through.