Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flashing gang signs on facebook can kill you

OverSword

Carlos Otero Henriquez told a friend he was a member of the 18th Street gang. On Facebook, he posted photos of himself flashing his gang’s signs. When members of the rival MS-13 gang noticed, the 18-year-old from Leesburg, Va., was targeted for murder.

“We’re always patrolling the area to make sure it’s clean of enemies,” Wilmar Javier Viera Gonzalez, a top Virginia MS-13 leader recently testified in Alexandria federal court. He showed jurors a notebook he kept full of MS-13 codes, nicknames and rules. Among the gang’s policies: To move up, “you must kill a rival.”

link

• Like 1

play stupid games win stupid prizes, 

but for us it is a good news, 1 less gang banger walking the streets

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

It amount of stupid stuff I see on Facebook and other social media is staggering.  People actually proudly post their crimes on it-knowingly or not.  The police could clear a lot of trash off the streets just by browsing it. I don't think it will be too long before someone makes an algorithm or something to scan social media and do just that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It amount of stupid stuff I see on Facebook and other social media is staggering.  People actually proudly post their crimes on it-knowingly or not.  The police could clear a lot of trash off the streets just by browsing it. I don't think it will be too long before someone makes an algorithm or something to scan social media and do just that. 

Wanted people will literally taunt local Police over Facebook. 9/10 times they end up getting caught but to display that level of...I'm not even sure what to call it anymore.

• Like 2

It's unfortunate that someone has died, of course. If you're flashing gangsigns around though...well, what did you think was going to happen?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Podo said:

It's unfortunate that someone has died, of course. If you're flashing gangsigns around though...well, what did you think was going to happen?

What kids think....with their not cognitively fully developed brains....that others will admire and fear them as they wallow in their own coolness.

• Like 1