Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Store substitutes nuts order with a toy duck

Still Waters

A mother was left in hysterics when she received an Asda delivery to find that a rubber duck had been substituted for the nuts she had ordered.

The supermarket guarantee that if a shopper buys a product online which is out of stock, they will exchange it for a similar item.

So when customer Channelle Johnson, of Ashington, Northumberland, unpacked her weekly shop to find a bath toy as a replacement for her favourite savoury snacks she was stunned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5417161/Asda-send-RUBBER-DUCK-substitute-missing-nuts.html

• Like 2

:lol:

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

A mother was left in hysterics 

Really?.........

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

:lol:

Really?.........

the article managed to use the word "hysterics" three times, which is pretty impressive in its own way.

judging by the quotes from the actual mother, "mildly amused" probably would have been more appropriate but that's me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

the article managed to use the word "hysterics" three times, which is pretty impressive in its own way.

judging by the quotes from the actual mother, "mildly amused" probably would have been more appropriate but that's me.

I would be laughing. Then I would of played with it in the tube to annoy my boys. :lol:

• Like 1

I once received a hairbrush from Tesco because they were out of the shampoo I ordered. :hmm:

• Like 4

Yet another strong contender for 'headline you didn't think you'd read'.

I bought a multi-pack of yellow plastic ducks a few years ago.  I only needed one, to exploit a texting error, but I still find them while I'm looking for a chisel or something. 

• Like 2