Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Trek Money "Federation Credits" is Here

Raptor Witness

Gene Roddenberry, the founder and creator of the original Star Trek series, arguably predicted the coming of the hand-held communicator and the personal computer.

He also saw something else. He saw digital money called “Federation Credits” .... and that’s no small thing.

Now, a new digital currency has appeared, founded by a Team from the Russian Federation ... they call it "Credits."

How many Star Trek fans will see this as a dream come true, is anyone's guess, but it does have the right name, and their software prototype, which has just been released, is the fastest blockchain technology that anyone has seen, to date.

Could this be the future? Possibly.

Cryptocurrencies are going to face some tough tests though, e.g. quantum computing, and they'll have to stay ahead of the game with quantum-resistant cryptographic systems to be viable.

Mind you, all secure digital communications will have to deal with this in the next decade or so.

Is Quantum Computing an Existential Threat to Blockchain Technology?

I offer a tip of the hat to Gene Roddenberry though :nw:

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, LV-426 said:

I offer a tip of the hat to Gene Roddenberry though :nw:

Actually, Gene Roddenberry didn't want to include anything about money in the scripts, but it was unavoidable in some cases. He wanted it to seem as if money had become far less important in the future. This was part of the show's success, I believe. The episode "The Trouble with Tribbles," which first aired December 29, 1967, was one of two episodes that I'm aware, from the original Star Trek series, when their money came in.

If, and it's a big if, this particular blockchain project is successful, it could be another example of Roddenberry's genius.

If you haven't begun to learn about this new software, and there is plenty of competition, it's worth your time, because it reveals a future that is closer to the Matrix than we could have imagined.

Interestingly, the digital currency used in the Star Wars series was also called “Credits.”

Spock would say - Fascinating! Lol. But I love it when good things from Sci-Fi start to become a reality.

Warp 6 now ...

7D2DFE7E-BC6F-468B-8EBB-0151002D29B4.png

689D8B11-B40B-40D3-BD83-24A9C6376D1D.png

Edited by Raptor Witness

Warp 9.7 ....

4675D99D-7887-482F-9127-773554998D30.png

D0EBC5F8-A010-4085-9E11-B241F01FCFF1.png

Edited by Raptor Witness

I can see Hackers taking advantage of this.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 0:12 PM, Hawkin said:

I can see Hackers taking advantage of this.

Yes, just like the money launders use bit coin to cover up their money trails and hackers use it for ransom ware attacks.